Sponsored by:

Pentosin Leak From Clutch Reservoir...997.1 TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 06:55 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Clutch slave is bad.

Dont replace it with the stock one....after installing the BBI in my car I dont know how I drove the car before. The overall feel is much better.

I never understood the need for an assisted clutch.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:57 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by El Dario Loco
I'm looking at the BBI and EVOMS kits right now. Tempted to go with the EVOMS...

The nice thing about the BBI kit you dont have to take apart the power steering pump it just loops the fluid back to the pump.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:16 PM
drob23
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by El Dario Loco
Great explanation, thanks! So a failed accumulator can lead to overflowing of the clutch reservoir? (Not really sure what the accumulators function is... A valve that keeps the pentosin flowing in one direction??)
I think the overflowing in the front reservoir is textbook for a failed slave. The heavy clutch after sitting for a while before starting the car is likely the accumulator.

As a new 997TT owner myself, I'm really tempted to make a switch to either the BBi slave or the evoms kit (rather than tap the trans). Even been reading the thread about just decoupling the clutch assist pump within the PS pump, and then plugging the lines and losing the accumulator. Lots of info in other threads, so not trying to bring this whole debate back here. But the stock clutch is just really hard to get a feel for and I'm not enjoying the imprecise nature of it...

Quick Reply: Pentosin Leak From Clutch Reservoir...997.1 TT