Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your thoughts: 997.1TT $61k @ Carmax

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 10:44 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,369 Likes on 793 Posts

man, that paint is swirled to hell and back. Definitely needs a good detail.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:48 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great price if it checks out. Are those stock muffler tips? Any drone during the ride?
Old 09-28-2017, 04:51 PM
mattonrennlist
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
man, that paint is swirled to hell and back. Definitely needs a good detail.
Definitely. The good news is that it's almost all surface level contaminants/swirls so should all come right out.

Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4
Great price if it checks out. Are those stock muffler tips? Any drone during the ride?
Yes stock, no drone, if anything a bit too quiet.

Quick Update:
Fantastic news, Porsche Fremont replaced the clutch and flywheel and I purchased the car this past Tuesday. Immediately sent it over to RMG for a PPI (Dan and Bob are awesome) and results came back clean. DME shows 1 event in range 4 and none in 5 and 6 and was told this was nothing to worry about. Other than some minor bits (e.g. front lip has rash, usual peeling a/c controls, leather on shift **** coming apart, turn signal bulb needs to be replaced, etc) and 1 major bit, busted clutch slave cylinder which we all suspected to be the main issue in the first place, the car was in tip top shape.

The best part is, is that Carmax agreed to fix/replace almost all the issues on the PPI! As in new ****, new front lip, etc! The minor bits are being handled by Carmax and the clutch slave cylinder replacement will happen at Porsche Fremont.

Feeling lucky I took a chance with this well optioned turbo and happy to be dealing with Carmax, I'm uncertain another dealer would have addressed those issues post sale.

Last edited by mattonrennlist; 09-28-2017 at 04:58 PM. Reason: edits
Old 09-29-2017, 09:51 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,369 Likes on 793 Posts

cool, enjoy!
Old 09-29-2017, 01:08 PM
upeshdesai
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattonrennlist
Definitely. The good news is that it's almost all surface level contaminants/swirls so should all come right out.

Yes stock, no drone, if anything a bit too quiet.

Quick Update:
Fantastic news, Porsche Fremont replaced the clutch and flywheel and I purchased the car this past Tuesday. Immediately sent it over to RMG for a PPI (Dan and Bob are awesome) and results came back clean. DME shows 1 event in range 4 and none in 5 and 6 and was told this was nothing to worry about. Other than some minor bits (e.g. front lip has rash, usual peeling a/c controls, leather on shift **** coming apart, turn signal bulb needs to be replaced, etc) and 1 major bit, busted clutch slave cylinder which we all suspected to be the main issue in the first place, the car was in tip top shape.

The best part is, is that Carmax agreed to fix/replace almost all the issues on the PPI! As in new ****, new front lip, etc! The minor bits are being handled by Carmax and the clutch slave cylinder replacement will happen at Porsche Fremont.

Feeling lucky I took a chance with this well optioned turbo and happy to be dealing with Carmax, I'm uncertain another dealer would have addressed those issues post sale.
Most dealers don't help you out that much. It's a Carmax policy (for 30 days I think?) that any issues you find they'll fix them.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:48 PM
MaddMike
Drifting

Received 1,737 Likes on 846 Posts

Cool deal!
Old 10-09-2017, 12:11 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Man.... yet another win for Carmax. Impressive service.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:56 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by zirrah
Man.... yet another win for Carmax. Impressive service.
Agree 100%

I've bought 6 or 7 cars from Carmax over the past 10 or so years including my current TTS. It had $10K worth of problems that they fixed (work was done by local Porsche dealer) under warranty within the first 30-days without any pushback or questions. My TTS is now cosmetically and mechanically perfect thanks to them.

If I ever look for another car I will consult Carmax first, they are the best IMO. And, their extended warranty (underwritten by Fidelity I've been told) is second to none.

Not affiliated and I've posted my experiences with Carmax in the past so this post is consistent too, I'm a customer for life.

Quick Reply: Your thoughts: 997.1TT $61k @ Carmax