Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts place warnings Porsche Atlanta Perimiter

Old 08-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Duckstu
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Parts place warnings Porsche Atlanta Perimiter

Porsche Atlanta Perimeter Parts had listed brake dampeners for my car on their site. I ordered 8 of them and paid.

I get an email the next day that their price has gone up because Porsche updated the part number (but did not change the part),.. and they now want more money and want to know if they should send me an invoice for the difference, or refund the amount I paid already (which of course doesn't get me back the couple of days).

I'm guessing they don't actually HAVE the stuff they sell? And are getting the money from the customer in advance,.. THEN ordering the parts from somewhere,.. paying their account a month later,.. and financing their business off the float?

I've never had this issue when dealing with places like Suncoast for example.

Anyone else experience this sort of thing?
Old 08-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Ask them for the part number and cross check on Sonnen and Sunset parts sites. They are offering you your money back...not sure worrying about how they choose to run a business financially is going to get you anywhere.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:34 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Thats why I usually just deal with Sonnen for parts.. When I call they will tell me if a part is in stock (they usually have a decent supply) or if they need to get it from the Porsche warehouse. I can then determine if I want to wait the extra day..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parts place warnings Porsche Atlanta Perimiter