Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Dension Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 01:04 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

Installing the older firmware worked for me.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:11 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

I get CD error message 100% of the time. BT pairing consistently now with firmware 57 (90%). Forward functioning too.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:47 PM
RodneyB
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RodneyB
The only problem I have experienced with connection to BT was when i updated my phone to iOS 11 back on 10/17. I contacted Eric and was told to disable the phone book sync in my iPhone settings. This cured the problem of switching out of BT and going to AUX over and over. Other than that one issue the only thing that happens about 50% of the time is the "no CD" error message. Sometimes if I open the car but don't start it immediately the phone will connect but has no sound. when this happens I have to disconnect the GW500S from my devises on my phone and re-connect then everything works fine. Since I don't drive the car everyday It takes a bit of fiddling around to get everything working sometimes
I forgot to mention, I am also using firmware version 57.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:30 AM
acf
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

My dension unit doesn’t autoconnect my phone’s BT. I always have to manually do it through the phone.

Eric and I have worked with Dension in depth and it’s still not resolved. Hopefully get an answer one day.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:21 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Go back to 51. Works flawlessly.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:34 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ditto
i have version 49 or 50 works pretty good.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:24 AM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by midcont
My 50% of the time successful automatic streaming Bluetooth connection ratio seems to have dropped to only connecting automatically 5% of the time. Frustrated, I emailed Dension to open a trouble ticket and this was my response (also asked about the error message).

Thanks for contacting us, the last source problem is known to us ( that you've used BT last time, but next time it jumps to aux when you get back to the car ), sadly yet we were not able to recreate that problem on our end, our developers are working on fixing this issue, I've tagged this conversation, so as soon as something comes up, I will inform you about i.

About the CD Changer problem, this can happen on PCM head units, it doesn't affect the functionality but as you know it is bothering, I will have to ask my colleagues about this problem, but currently they are on sick-leave, so I will try to get back to you on monday about this.

Thanks for your understanding and for your patience!

I wonder if going to an older firmware is going to help this. I will try to unpair and do a reset as well to at least get back to only failing half the time. Thinking about a carplay replacement for the whole unit.
Update to my post: I received another email from Dension last week advising me to try having the phone coding removed from the PCM. I happened to be taking the car in for service so I asked that this be performed. I can report back that in about 9-10 startups so far, the phone has reconnected automatically to BT streaming each time and I have not gotten the CD error message.
I did not do a software change and I did not go through the pairing/unpairing procedure.

Now that this seems to be fixed, my next issue is the quality of the sound on Bluetooth on the other end. Everybody I speak to reports hearing echoing and have since day one. I've tried to change the microphone volume and the b/t volume. Does anybody have a setting they can recommend? I don't think it can be changed while on a call unfortunately.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:48 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

having the phone coding removed from the PCM.
What does this mean? How is it accomplished? PIWIS?

I don't have an echo.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:50 AM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JG 996T
What does this mean? How is it accomplished? PIWIS?

I don't have an echo.
Yes with PIWIS. When I asked them to remove the phone, they knew what to do.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:52 PM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Update to my post: I received another email from Dension last week advising me to try having the phone coding removed from the PCM. I happened to be taking the car in for service so I asked that this be performed. I can report back that in about 9-10 startups so far, the phone has reconnected automatically to BT streaming each time and I have not gotten the CD error message.
I did not do a software change and I did not go through the pairing/unpairing procedure.

Now that this seems to be fixed, my next issue is the quality of the sound on Bluetooth on the other end. Everybody I speak to reports hearing echoing and have since day one. I've tried to change the microphone volume and the b/t volume. Does anybody have a setting they can recommend? I don't think it can be changed while on a call unfortunately.
i jumped the gun. 24 hrs after this post it stopped picking up on bt again. The cd error message though is gone.
Back to the drawing board.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:14 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

mid....can you pair a different phone to see if it behaves the same way? Was the phone module bypassed with optic loop and power removed from it? Just picking up on thread now.

Do you have V 57 firmware to install on the unit?

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 12-30-2017, 01:12 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine pairs fine, just that annoying echo at the other end.

Quick Reply: Another Dension Install