Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Dundon 321SS Lifetime Center Muffler for 997/991

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 06:56 PM
shogun974
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Loud version will be louder at WOT, should be about the same around town as the factory muffler. Most customers that don't need to pass dB limits at tracks will likely want the "loud" version. I'll get some video of it once back from a business trip... Testing the quiet muffler and our catted headers on the 991 this Friday, should be the quietest setup for those that want more power!
It sounds good!
Exactly what I want.

Last edited by shogun974; 07-27-2017 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:34 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,793 Likes on 2,161 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
be very interested to hear the results of this... presume the 997 also has side delete?
+1 Are the mufflers interchangable from the 997RS to the 991RS?
Old 07-26-2017, 10:41 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
+1 Are the mufflers interchangable from the 997RS to the 991RS?
yes sir, the tips are different but the factory center muffler on the 991GT3 and RS are 997 part numbers...
Old 08-03-2017, 03:24 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'd be curious on the DB delta between the OEM exhaust on the 991RS with side muffler delete pipes and your center muffler with side muffler delete pipes.
Testing this exact setup at Laguna this weekend The boys are BR Racing and one of their customers 991 GT3's have a prototype Quiet (that could be quieter) on the customers car. So far all is well, customer is happy, no resonance or issues and blasts to 9000RPM were noted to be "quieter". We will know more on Friday...

Also our Race Center Muffler (as it's catchier than loud) is on our 991 GT3 with catted long tube headers, and is in the midst of testing. We're really checking for low rpm resonance or other issues. So far so good. This prototype is likely on it's way to PT3 soon!
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 08-03-2017, 04:14 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 426 Posts

"Loud" Center muffler finishing up fab work this week, and the 2nd quiet muffler will be heading to BR Racing next week for one of their customers. We'll have two Quiet prototypes being torture tested at Laguna on the 4th of August. One on a 991 GT3 with Side Muffler Deletes, and one on a 997.2 GT3
Jamie, with the quiet mufflers are you guys going to run the cars with a valve control module or with side muffler valves open (sport mode)? I'm curious about the results

I love Laguna but hate the 92 db restriction
Old 08-04-2017, 02:12 AM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Ballpark price estimate

Will both mufflers be the same price?

I'm interested in the quieter one. T
Old 08-04-2017, 03:38 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sin911
Jamie, with the quiet mufflers are you guys going to run the cars with a valve control module or with side muffler valves open (sport mode)? I'm curious about the results

I love Laguna but hate the 92 db restriction
So we're running them without any GPS valve control, so if the driver has their foot in it above 3000 or so RPM's and 30-40% load the valves will be open (sport mode).

Originally Posted by orthofrancis
Will both mufflers be the same price?

I'm interested in the quieter one. T
We're actually looking at 3 versions. Race (a little louder than OEM), Street (current quiet, quieter than OEM) and we can make a quieter version yet that we're going to put together that's we're going to call Laguna. Once Charles is back from vacation we'll put that one together.

The intent of these mufflers is that they are a lifetime purchase, no more failed, cracked center mufflers, and with your choice of reducing dB's or singing the song of my people!
Old 08-04-2017, 04:33 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Update from Laguna:

991 GT3 with side muffler deletes previously blew 101.9 dB with turnaways. They're testing our Street GT3 Muffler (Quiet) with turnaways on a 92dB day. No flags, and he was 3rd gear and flat to the floor up the hill!

Pleased and a little surprised it passed with side deletes. Means our catted system will also likely pass with the quiet muffler at Laguna and there may even be hope for our Race headers to pass!

Customer is working to get dB readings, videos etc...
Old 08-04-2017, 06:47 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Laguna version

And that too has the same HP/Torque as the stock?

Sounds like win/win for me if so.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:03 AM
shogun974
Intermediate

So we're running them without any GPS valve control, so if the driver has their foot in it above 3000 or so RPM's and 30-40% load the valves will be open (sport mode).

We're actually looking at 3 versions. Race (a little louder than OEM), Street (current quiet, quieter than OEM) and we can make a quieter version yet that we're going to put together that's we're going to call Laguna. Once Charles is back from vacation we'll put that one together.

The intent of these mufflers is that they are a lifetime purchase, no more failed, cracked center mufflers, and with your choice of reducing dB's or singing the song of my people!
Many quieter versions and just one loud version.

I hope race version will produce a great and glorius sound note at wot, not just "a little louder than oem"

Please build a real race version, which deserves its name: people who want quiet options has many options to deal with.
If you do it do it really, don't hesitate and don't be shy.

Last edited by shogun974; 08-05-2017 at 03:29 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:52 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

997.2 GT3 had no issues all day at 92dB day as well!

Both Beta testers gave a big thumbs up!

Looks like we gotta get the preorder list together...
Old 08-05-2017, 03:55 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by shogun974
Many quieter versions and just one loud version.

I hope race version will produce a great and glorius sound note at wot, not just "a little louder than oem"

Please build a real race version, which deserves its name: people who want quiet options has many options to deal with.
If you do it do it really, don't hesitate and don't be shy.
The trick is to make the muffler still muffle, at cruise where you don't want it loud, and be glorious when you hit the pedal.

I'll report on the new Race version this coming week as I'm heading back home this weekend!
Old 08-05-2017, 03:57 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by orthofrancis
And that too has the same HP/Torque as the stock?

Sounds like win/win for me if so.

The current quiet version has no losses and passed for both 991 GT3 with side deletes and a 997.2 GT3 on a 92dB day. We believe the Laguna would also be no loss, and will always test it to be sure!
Old 08-05-2017, 04:26 AM
shogun974
Intermediate

The trick is to make the muffler still muffle, at cruise where you don't want it loud, and be glorious when you hit the pedal.

I'll report on the new Race version this coming week as I'm heading back home this weekend!
Yes I know it is a real challenge. At low rpm, sound is useless we need it to be as quiet as possible for driving on the street roads but real pleasure is to heard a powerfull and furious sound note at wot and downshifts.

Two points are importants and is what I'am anxious about: sound level and sound note. I can't wait to heard the balance between both points.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:59 PM
BRracing
Former Vendor

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

This is Bruce from BRracing...it was our customer testing the new Dundon Motorsport quiet exhaust on his Porsche 991.1 GT3 w side deletes. Great, amazing results.
Fitment is spot on.
Great to work with (Dundon Motorsports).
Have used other products of theirs as well w great success.
This to us is the perfect solution for Porsche GT3 track day customers wanting that combo of street car / track car, power, and ability to make sound at tracks like Laguna Seca.
No more fussing around w other add-ons, or work-arounds, just install the exhaust and go play.

Quick Reply: Dundon 321SS Lifetime Center Muffler for 997/991