Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Another Dealership story

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 07:50 PM
ZMC-ZH
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Another Dealership story

Sorry if this is just another boring dealership story out of Switzerland but I have to blow of some steam.

I always do all my maintenances myself including advanced stuff but decided to bring my .2RS to the dealership for the most expensive oil change I have ever paid but most importantly, get the 2 year warranty extension from P.
Normally I would not care but given the horror stories of backing screws, I thought better save than sorry.

I picked up the car way past opening hours thanks to their key delivery system (you provide a code when dropping the car and a distributor will deliver the key when you enter that code if they are already closed), got all the forms to confirm the guaranty extension in the car and get on my way.
Then I notice that my full tank from the morning (minus the +/- 10km between the gaz station and dealership) went down by a good bit over 1/8th. Since I always write down the date/km in a booklet when I refuel (old habits from cars without any computer) i quickly realized that they have done over 30km with the car whose computer shows an average consumption over 7mpg/35l per 100km). In other words, whatever was done, they gave gaz!
Even better, the mileage reported on the service book is correct and matches perfectly my booklet notes/distance to gaz station).
How can they be that stupid to think that I will not realize my tank went from full to almost 3/4 and the mileage THEY report on the service book is lower than what is on the car!
I am seriously feeling more sorry than safe now and am livid. I would have expected that paying such premium for a simple service in a serious country would preserve me from such crappy experience. It is not the stupid water bottle they left in the car that will improve that.

I am definitely planing on going there and making a scene on Monday morning on my way to work but for what outcome! There is nothing they can reasonably offer that would make it up to me. I hate to know that some d****ss that probably cannot drive was having fun with my car while I was f***ing working to pay for it.
Quite a **** start to the WE
Old 06-23-2017, 08:46 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Completely understand and unacceptable.
Call Porsche of Switzerland (if their is such thing) and complain about the dealership before you go Monday morning.

Do not drive the car over weekend. I would go Monday and have them run a DME check for over revs.
I had a friend recently whom dealership took car for joy ride while in for service/repair, they left a handful of over revs up to stage 4. Unfortunately he didn't realize until a few weeks later.

I had same incident happen w/ me. Took in car for deck lid cooling fan making weird noise. They drove 35 miles. I was told by Service Manager, that they needed to drive the car to get the deck lid fan to turn on. I asked, why didn't you just turn it on w/ the PWIS. Awesome blank stare by Service Manager. Needless to say I have never returned to that dealership. I tell people to stay away from it like the bubonic plague.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:07 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

You have no other recourse than to burn the dealership to the ground.
Seriously though, I feel your pain. You feel violated and you were with little recourse. Just know that you've now got a two year warranty to cover any 'damage'.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:43 PM
Speedster911
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 54 Posts

same think happened to me, 50 miles on my RS. never returned there for service again. Complained to PNA and dealership ownership- both service advisers and sales manager canned.

Still pissed as I write this and it happened over a year ago!!Badmouth the dealership every opportunity I get.

They do not have the same passion for our cars as we do
Old 06-25-2017, 04:06 AM
ZMC-ZH
Instructor

I find our stories really unacceptable. I sent a detailed email to the dealer and will get there on Monday to speak my truth. As F1crazydriver advised, car is left untouched in the garage until I get the DME read I demanded from them.
i told them I didn't think I would feel the urge to check all bodywork and under panels of the car after dropping it to an official P Zentrum in one of the major cities in Switzerland.
Additional issues I have found is the right air duct for the rear brake is gone. Could be unrelated but I haven't noticed that before.
Wheels, tires and nearby body panels (up to the bonnet) are covered with some greasy black material and nice thick fingerprints. If I had to bet I would say they changed the TPMS, although I specifically asked not to do it (previous owner had it disconnected for his 20inch, pimp my ride kind of wheels). If they found the time for a joy ride, they could have at least wiped off their dirt.
Thanks for your personal feedback, I will let you know how it evolves.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:33 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

You should have taken a picture of the gas tank while still at the dealershp, that way the picture would have proven the time/date of the pick-up, too late now anyway.

I can share a recent valet expereince that my friend's son had in his Astom Martin, but then we all know about Valets, don't we?

Last edited by C2 Turbo; 06-25-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:45 PM
ZMC-ZH
Instructor

I have taken pictures of the odometer and the calculated avg consumption/range left on the street right behind the dealership, basically when I realized something was seriously wrong.
Time stamp is there.
I am going in tomorrow morning on my way to work and will let them know what I think of them and that they better come up with some remediation.

I remember waiting for our car with a friend in Paris a while back in front of a fancy club. Valet took out a testarossa out of the regular parking and butchered the clutch and lip trying to climb the sidewalk and park the car on top of some some puke left in front of the club...
Old 06-25-2017, 03:18 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Make sure you make an official report of some kind where if something happens down the road atleast you can refer to this incident. If I was you, I would go ahead and send them an email with the pictures for you records.

Quick Reply: Another Dealership story