Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Center Lock Tool Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 11:42 AM
TheSilverFox
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Center Lock Tool Removal

This may be a dumb question but need help getting the center lock tool removed from Precision Instruments torque wrench.

After a few months of ownership was thrown into the world of the center locks when I had a slow leak. Removed and put the wheel back on with no problem but now I cannot get the tool to come off the torque wrench. I believe I may have put the tool on the torque wrench with the pin on the wrench in the wrong position.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:27 PM
Speedster911
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 54 Posts

A large flat head screw driver in-between the socket and the wrench head base will allow you to pop it off.

I keep a 16P nail in my storage case allowing me to depress the pins in the handle for easy separation. Good Luck.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:09 PM
TheSilverFox
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedster911
A large flat head screw driver in-between the socket and the wrench head base will allow you to pop it off. I keep a 16P nail in my storage case allowing me to depress the pins in the handle for easy separation. Good Luck.
Perfect thanks
Old 12-18-2018, 04:14 AM
jjrho
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Precision torque wrench/ breaker bar issue

So...I bought the prec instr 600F like most in a kit that has the braker bar optiom.... 36h xxxx.... anyway.i can't figure out how to attach that bar to make it a beaker bar.... do I need another adapter like it has at the head to attach that bar in place of the bar that measures/ clicks???
Old 12-18-2018, 03:11 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

jjrho, I helped a friend sell one of those the other day. I think the ratchet part of the wrench set just fits in it....not sure it's really even long enough to break the CL's loose though??

Quick Reply: Center Lock Tool Removal