Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Nose lift, CPO, PCNA

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 11:57 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Picked up the car yesterday-the dealership was very busy with the hurricane aftermath-though there wasn't much damage in South Florida, it sure disrupted people's lives, and they had a lot of cars to put inside, and everyone has to worry about their own homes, etc.

So, first thing I did was take the car for a drive. All systems were acting up(tire pressure, red exclamation point lit, and I noticed the left side wasn't as hight as the right). LIFT sign was on.
I did a reset all, kept driving the car, brought the lift down then up. Then I went down the street bringing the speed up so the lift would go down automatically. I suppose since the battery was disconnected, the car had to adapt once again. There is a procedure to reset the steering angle/sensor which I've read about before, but the tech said he did all that once I spoke to him.
Once I parked the car and spoke to him, I asked if there were signs of what might have failed on the pump. He said he didn't know, the old one was sent back to Germany, so I couldn't get any pictures.

But looking at the paperwork right now it says "Inter Valves in Pump Failed". "Removed under body panel, removed coolant line holders to access pump, removed pump and replaced with new".
Part number 997-341-263-1X
No other parts listed-

The advisor showed me a page with correspondence between the Service Manager and PCNA reps. So he apparently pressed to get it done 100% :thumbs:
My initial talks with the PCNA rep in Michigan were not good, so these guys really made all the difference in the world

I was told if anything goes wrong the next 30 days, just come back.

So if your unit is malfunctioning, keep in mind that most likely you will need to wait for the unit to come from Germany, it takes time. I'm now out of CPO, so I'll look into an aftermarket warranty(I've searched forums, lots to read)

One thing to note-once the car is up and I press the button to bring it down, I haven't heard the satisfying 'swoosh" sound that I always enjoyed. Could it be it's different/redesigned?
During the day tomorrow I can operate it again and observe the behavior

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions/pms
Persistence and polite pressure is better than losing your head, that's for sure-
Old 10-12-2016, 12:02 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

BTW, after I drove off I stopped to chill by the glades and watch the sunset.
Over an hour after being parked, I drove away and got a TC failure message. Pulled over, turned the car off and restarted(even checked for a loose batt connection)
I've had this happen right after reconnecting the batt, but not hrs later-

Car restarted, message went away and haven't had any issues-
Old 10-12-2016, 12:30 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by JB911
Picked up the car yesterday-the dealership was very busy with the hurricane aftermath-though there wasn't much damage in South Florida, it sure disrupted people's lives, and they had a lot of cars to put inside, and everyone has to worry about their own homes, etc.

So, first thing I did was take the car for a drive. All systems were acting up(tire pressure, red exclamation point lit, and I noticed the left side wasn't as hight as the right). LIFT sign was on.
I did a reset all, kept driving the car, brought the lift down then up. Then I went down the street bringing the speed up so the lift would go down automatically. I suppose since the battery was disconnected, the car had to adapt once again. There is a procedure to reset the steering angle/sensor which I've read about before, but the tech said he did all that once I spoke to him.
Once I parked the car and spoke to him, I asked if there were signs of what might have failed on the pump. He said he didn't know, the old one was sent back to Germany, so I couldn't get any pictures.

But looking at the paperwork right now it says "Inter Valves in Pump Failed". "Removed under body panel, removed coolant line holders to access pump, removed pump and replaced with new".
Part number 997-341-263-1X
No other parts listed-

The advisor showed me a page with correspondence between the Service Manager and PCNA reps. So he apparently pressed to get it done 100% :thumbs:
My initial talks with the PCNA rep in Michigan were not good, so these guys really made all the difference in the world

I was told if anything goes wrong the next 30 days, just come back.

So if your unit is malfunctioning, keep in mind that most likely you will need to wait for the unit to come from Germany, it takes time. I'm now out of CPO, so I'll look into an aftermarket warranty(I've searched forums, lots to read)

One thing to note-once the car is up and I press the button to bring it down, I haven't heard the satisfying 'swoosh" sound that I always enjoyed. Could it be it's different/redesigned?
During the day tomorrow I can operate it again and observe the behavior

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions/pms
Persistence and polite pressure is better than losing your head, that's for sure-
that sounds like the pressure switches, so I am surprised they did not try to swap those out instead of the whole unit...
Old 10-12-2016, 01:45 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

What I got from speaking to the tech is that Porsche only replaces the entire thing-under warranty-
I suppose if you bring your car to the dealer and ask to repair it, they might replace the switches-perhaps by process of elimination or by replacing all 3(?)
Old 10-13-2016, 03:52 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Just went for a drive and further test the NL. This time I got the swoooosh/air exiting sound

The nose goes up pretty fast, the way it's supposed to be and I couldn't remember.
Hope this lasts-
Old 10-18-2016, 01:50 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I'm seriously thinking about binning the OEM PASM shocks, and FAL, and installing the Tractive-DDA suspension and re-programming my DSC...

anyone tried replacing the 13bar pressure switch yet?
Old 10-18-2016, 05:30 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Saw this, might be a good choice, I'd like to see more details-

http://www.kwsuspensions.com/product...-19299299.html
Old 10-18-2016, 01:10 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Part install isn't hard, seen it done... part is $7200 at Sunset porsche. over 9k list. Ouch
http://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oe...he/9973412631x
Old 10-19-2016, 11:57 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Part install isn't hard, seen it done... part is $7200 at Sunset porsche. over 9k list. Ouch
http://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oe...he/9973412631x
I suppose that's better than nothing - but I think if I were dropping 7k it would be on a Tractive DDA suspension ... and a couple of replacement cup lips
Old 10-19-2016, 04:21 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I suppose that's better than nothing - but I think if I were dropping 7k it would be on a Tractive DDA suspension ... and a couple of replacement cup lips

agree with you in 100%
Old 10-21-2016, 03:11 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Default public service announcement...

If you are having FAL problems, and you happen to also have a DSC installed in place of your OEM PASM controller, you should remove the DSC before taking
it to the dealer to have them attempt to read any fault codes with a PIWIS.

Apparently there is some interaction between the PASM and FAL controllers
that, in its absence, does not allow the PIWIS to read those codes...

I'm going to pull my DSC temporarily and try to read the fault codes again

this is especially significant if you are still under some form of warranty!!!
Old 01-18-2017, 09:32 AM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did anyone get on with this?

Now that its winter here and the car is just haning out in the garage waiting for better times, getting a paint touch up and so on, I'm thinking about moving on with this.

As Larry deducted, the 13 psi switch sounds like the best guess to start up with. But before ordering, I'm just touching base to see if anyone has made progress?
Old 01-18-2017, 08:09 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bovien
Did anyone get on with this?

Now that its winter here and the car is just haning out in the garage waiting for better times, getting a paint touch up and so on, I'm thinking about moving on with this.

As Larry deducted, the 13 psi switch sounds like the best guess to start up with. But before ordering, I'm just touching base to see if anyone has made progress?
I haven't - I'm probably going to upgrade my suspension to Tractive DDA w/FAL once its released ... and replace the OEM ... unless someone else happens to undertake the R&D before then...

I think the only choices are really a p-switch or compressor failure, if its the latter then that's a unit replacement any other type of failure (like
a shock or hose leak) would I think manifest in the system not attaining or
retaining inflation...

we should crowdfund you in the name of science!
Old 01-19-2017, 03:22 AM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I haven't - I'm probably going to upgrade my suspension to Tractive DDA w/FAL once its released ... and replace the OEM ... unless someone else happens to undertake the R&D before then...

I think the only choices are really a p-switch or compressor failure, if its the latter then that's a unit replacement any other type of failure (like
a shock or hose leak) would I think manifest in the system not attaining or
retaining inflation...

we should crowdfund you in the name of science!
Haha, yeah that would be nice. I'll just wait with the kickstarter project till I actually prove something.
Local Mr. P told that I needed the number off the pump to actually order the correct switch... soooooo need to get the car on the lift and take of the understrays to get the that - again - before I can order.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bovien
Haha, yeah that would be nice. I'll just wait with the kickstarter project till I actually prove something.
Local Mr. P told that I needed the number off the pump to actually order the correct switch... soooooo need to get the car on the lift and take of the understrays to get the that - again - before I can order.
I seem to recall that one of the 3 p-switches changed part# at a given pump serial # boundary ... (I think I mentioned this somewhere in this thread previously) I dont recall if it was the 13bar pswitch or not ...

keep us posted and good luck!

Quick Reply: Nose lift, CPO, PCNA