Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New GT3 Profi II design

Old 05-13-2016, 10:39 PM
lmnsblu355
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New GT3 Profi II design

I recently ordered new Schroth GT3 harnesses from Apex. 2" Hans for driver and 3" passenger. 3" came very quickly and were identical to my prior harnesses. 2" on back order.

A few weeks later, the 3" arrived and were different. New part number and significant differences.

The sub belt is now adjustable. Old one wasn't except where it wraps around sub-bar
The lap belts have the GT3 fitting sewn on at the out end but the inner buckle is wrapped in ( as opposed to sewn in as before).
The cam lock now has a single lever projecting down instead of the 2 indents.

I like the subbelt without the adjustment fitting and didn't want non-matching cam locks. Linda at Apex directed me to Brady at HMS. Both couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. Brady is changing out the subbelt and camock to match the 3 " old style (which I prefer). Great customer service!!

Basically, the new design is the standard Profi ii with the GT3 end sewn on the ends of the lap belt. The old GT3 set-up was more different than the standard Profi ii.

Just thought I'd share for those who will be updating their GT3 harnesses in the near future. There is no documentation of this switch anywhere on the web yet.
Attached Images   
Old 05-14-2016, 02:50 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,689 Likes on 985 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad I saw this post. I ordered the Profi Hans GT3 belts for the passenger side to match the Profi Hans GT3 that was installed on the drivers side 2 years ago. The belts were on back order for over a month and just came in a few weeks ago. I've had the new belts in the box and was getting ready to do the install next week. After reading this, I just looked and the new belts are just like yours. Looking at the box the new part number is 91128A vs. the old number 91127A. The new belts are dumb. The adjuster on the sub belts is exactly in the spot where the sub belts will wrap around the sub bar when using the Recaro Spa seats with a Brey Krause sub bar. That won't work. The sub belts need to have the simple wrap ends without the immediate adjusters to fit properly, especial with the Kevlar spa seats which have a small opening in the base for the sub straps. The old ones also have the 2 indent cam lock vs. the lever cam. The wrap-ins on the inner lap belt buckles also don't make sense. They should be sewn in at the inner buckle instead of wrap in. Ugh, this is irritating. Looks like I'll be calling Schroth to get mine changed also. The new design is inferior to the old one for sure. The sub adjusters make the sub straps unusable in my case. It ticks me off when manufacturers make changes without any documentation and the new design end up inferior to the old one.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:21 AM
lmnsblu355
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You are echoing my thoughts exactly. Give Brady a call at HMS. He was very helpful to me and will know exactly what you're talking about.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:43 AM
OpieT
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lmnsblu355
You are echoing my thoughts exactly. Give Brady a call at HMS. He was very helpful to me and will know exactly what you're talking about.
^ Call HMS they will make handle it pronto.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New GT3 Profi II design