Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Shivatron
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Huh, I was told I had a deposit on it (gave CC number and everything), then they wanted to talk to me first. Chatted with Pierre and made my offer (which was about $215 with a trade), he said he would get back to me but hasn't yet.

Not bent out of shape about it since I wasn't going to pay $240 anyway, but would have appreciated the chance to match the offer since I was first.

Does reinforce my annoyance at just about every dealer. The only dealer I've ever felt was 100% honest when communicating was Doug at Switchcars. Doug, take something cool in so that I can do business with you.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:55 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Well it'll be back on this site shortly and we can enjoy the show of the isg guys trying to get 500k for it
Old 02-26-2016, 09:45 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Shivatron
Nope -- original motor was overrev'd. DME still reports overrev (which I understand is common), and the flywheel and tranny were replaced as well.
that's some SERIOUS over rev.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:00 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Huh, I was told I had a deposit on it (gave CC number and everything), then they wanted to talk to me first. Chatted with Pierre and made my offer (which was about $215 with a trade), he said he would get back to me but hasn't yet.

Not bent out of shape about it since I wasn't going to pay $240 anyway, but would have appreciated the chance to match the offer since I was first.

Does reinforce my annoyance at just about every dealer. The only dealer I've ever felt was 100% honest when communicating was Doug at Switchcars. Doug, take something cool in so that I can do business with you.
Doug can sell you my RS if it is that important for $215K
Old 02-26-2016, 11:18 PM
Shivatron
Instructor

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
If you have a PTS blue RS with rare factory options then by all means, let's talk...
Old 02-26-2016, 11:22 PM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Would I? No. Would someone else purchase at $340? Probably. Edit: actually, maybe not. There was a PTS green for auction (Gooding, was it?) that only hit $285. There would have to be some very special provenance to imagine a non-4.0 RS hitting $300. secretcollector probably has a better read on the ultra-high-end market than anyone else in this thread, though... Edit 2: went back and looked at the PTS green car only hit $210+buyers premium so $231 in January of this year.
That green car sold LAST year FYI and market has moved. I think a lot of folks would buy that today if possible at that price.

Gooding recently sold a low mile black pts .2 rs
Old 02-26-2016, 11:22 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have a PTS blue RS with rare factory options then by all means, let's talk...
put me on that list as well
Old 02-27-2016, 12:43 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully who ever bought the car knows what they're getting ... by carfax is sounds like the engine hand grenaded and what wasn't destroyed in the explosion burned up in the fire (maybe literally). Carfax is usually not very specific but in this case it's quite revealing ... Wing/spoiler replaced/repaired ... ? And a lot of gaps in the rest of the description .. use your imagination to fill in the blanks ...

Battery replaced
Clutch release bearing replaced
Clutch replaced
Engine compression checked
Engine removed to complete repair
Flywheel/flexplate replaced
Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Body computer/module checked
Muffler replaced
Wing/spoiler replaced/repaired
A/C refrigerant recharged
Spark plug(s) replaced
Starter overhauled/repaired

If buyer is a collector they should share the repair order so we can see what happened! If they are a dealer well now .... for reference the VIN is WP0AC2A90BS783459
Old 02-27-2016, 03:57 AM
SGS
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear the Hoffman car went to an individual, at least

Originally Posted by hman_jeh
FYI - I just called the dealer on this car, it sold this afternoon for full asking. The color is spectacular, but agree with replacement motor hurts from a collector perspective.

Also called Hoffman in East Hartford for their 2011 RS Grey/Red CPO 16K well optioned. Also sold this afternoon....
Old 02-27-2016, 04:08 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Flachbau
Hopefully who ever bought the car knows what they're getting ... by carfax is sounds like the engine hand grenaded and what wasn't destroyed in the explosion burned up in the fire (maybe literally). Carfax is usually not very specific but in this case it's quite revealing ... Wing/spoiler replaced/repaired ... ? And a lot of gaps in the rest of the description .. use your imagination to fill in the blanks ...

Battery replaced
Clutch release bearing replaced
Clutch replaced
Engine compression checked
Engine removed to complete repair
Flywheel/flexplate replaced
Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Body computer/module checked
Muffler replaced
Wing/spoiler replaced/repaired
A/C refrigerant recharged
Spark plug(s) replaced
Starter overhauled/repaired

If buyer is a collector they should share the repair order so we can see what happened! If they are a dealer well now .... for reference the VIN is WP0AC2A90BS783459
wow, that's from a missed shift? some ppl really really should drive automatics

your white RS is at swtichcar?
Old 02-27-2016, 08:31 AM
RSA_27149
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Modena 1
That green car sold LAST year FYI and market has moved. I think a lot of folks would buy that today if possible at that price.
^^^ this
Old 02-27-2016, 08:43 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
wow, that's from a missed shift? some ppl really really should drive automatics

your white RS is at swtichcar?
Haha you do like to keep tabs on all RS's out there.

No it isn't at Switchcars. It is safely tucked away next to a Lava Orange beast here at my house. There is always a price a car would sell at and the white car would be out of here if someone offered me $215K. I have spoken with Doug about other cars in the past and I think he is a stand up guy. If I were ever going to consign a car I would definitely consider usig him.

On another note with the PTS RS. I spoke to the salesman on the car and he told me the reason the motor had to be replaced was the bolts holding the flywheel on backed out causing the damage. He said the motor was replaced under warranty by Porsche. And they took the car in on trade for a Range Rover.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Shivatron
Instructor

I spoke to the salesman on the car and he told me the reason the motor had to be replaced was the bolts holding the flywheel on backed out causing the damage. He said the motor was replaced under warranty by Porsche. And they took the car in on trade for a Range Rover.
Interesting. Now that you mention it, he did say something about bolts backing out, but I had erased that from my memory since the first thing he said was that the DME still reported overrevs. I had assumed that any damage to the motor was a result of a missed shift and had not caused the missed shift. He also said nothing about the spoiler being replaced etc, as reported above (though I do remember him saying the transmission had been replaced).

I know cam actuator bolts can back out... but flywheel bolts?

Clearly there's a very incomplete history on this car. Would be interesting to know what actually happened.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:48 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Haha you do like to keep tabs on all RS's out there.

No it isn't at Switchcars. It is safely tucked away next to a Lava Orange beast here at my house. There is always a price a car would sell at and the white car would be out of here if someone offered me $215K. I have spoken with Doug about other cars in the past and I think he is a stand up guy. If I were ever going to consign a car I would definitely consider usig him.

On another note with the PTS RS. I spoke to the salesman on the car and he told me the reason the motor had to be replaced was the bolts holding the flywheel on backed out causing the damage. He said the motor was replaced under warranty by Porsche. And they took the car in on trade for a Range Rover.
whew, i was worried you sold 3.8.
i regretted.
keep 7.2 next to 991.
i plan to keep 4.0 and 991RS whenever it gets here ugh.....
Old 02-28-2016, 09:15 AM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Very interesting stuff guys, thanks for sharing.

Doug at SwitchCars is great!

I sold a car to him last year and it was one of the smoothest transactions I have ever experienced. And that says a lot especially since I am North of the Border, Ottawa, Ontario Canada.

So this is a long winded but well deserved shout out to Doug at SwitchCars.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...