Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old Today, 03:47 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,194 Posts

Originally Posted by Vocan
I’ll give it a shot! Namely significant unsprung mass reduction (I forget the numbers exactly but someone should have them I imagine) but critically almost no brake dust. After owning multiple performance cars, it’s so refreshing not having to deal with brake dust constantly, especially in the winter when handwashing the car is a real pain. If you regularly drive the car, they’re such a boon to keeping the car looking clean.

I wouldn’t pay new Porsche take off prices for them but you can regularly find a good condition set for sale on the marketplace for $8k to $10k.
I'll also add rust on rotors after washing. Yes, there are products to help with this, but I spend 30 mins washing my wheels every week, then drive down road to clear off rust, then manually wiping down barrels of each wheel is another near 30 mins process to get them looking perfect. First application of brakes on first drive is immediate dust. For this reason alone, PCCB's or Surface Transforms are worth it if you have the $10k to spare.
Old Today, 03:54 PM
EMpunker
Pro

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
Switchcars says they’re getting in a Cobalt Blue .1 GT3. 65k miles, PCCB, and full leather. Price is $135k.

VIN: WP0AC29948S792193

For all of you who are holding out for a "driver" here she is... Better act fast!

Doug's cars are legit.
Old Today, 04:03 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,515 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
I'll also add rust on rotors after washing. Yes, there are products to help with this, but I spend 30 mins washing my wheels every week, then drive down road to clear off rust, then manually wiping down barrels of each wheel is another near 30 mins process to get them looking perfect. First application of brakes on first drive is immediate dust. For this reason alone, PCCB's or Surface Transforms are worth it if you have the $10k to spare.
I did buy stuff to prevent rotors from rusting recently, but haven’t tried it out yet. Got it for my 964 Cup which is one of the only cars I have that has steel rotors as ceramics didn’t exist for road cars back then. Others have ceramic or drum brakes. Used to drive up and down the driveway doing a few stops to get rid of the accumulated rotor rust. Cleaned up the wheels a bit afterwards. Hopefully the stuff I got will save me the hassle of doing all this.
Old Today, 04:20 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,194 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
I did buy stuff to prevent rotors from rusting recently, but haven’t tried it out yet. Got it for my 964 Cup which is one of the only cars I have that has steel rotors as ceramics didn’t exist for road cars back then. Others have ceramic or drum brakes. Used to drive up and down the driveway doing a few stops to get rid of the accumulated rotor rust. Cleaned up the wheels a bit afterwards. Hopefully the stuff I got will save me the hassle of doing all this.
I've been using Hydes Serum since it was launched over 10 years ago. It helps a lot, but will still have some. Matt from Obsessed Garage just started selling Bilt Hamber Atom Mac which is supposed to be a bit better. May pick some up next season. Keep me posted how you like it.
Old Today, 04:34 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,515 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Matt from Obsessed Garage just started selling Bilt Hamber Atom Mac which is supposed to be a bit better. May pick some up next season. Keep me posted how you like it.
That’s the stuff I got. Curious to see how it works out.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...