Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

thinking of selling 997.2 GT3 - need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 02:37 PM
ncgt3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking of selling 997.2 GT3 - need opinions

Looking for GT3 owners opinions. Trying to decide if I should take the car back to stock and sell installed parts - or - sell the car as is and sell the pccbs separately. Obviously want to bring in the most $...

Have a 2010 GT3 w/ less than 16K miles. GT Silver, PCCBs, nose lift, PASM, sport chrono, sharkwerks muffler bypass, carbon buckets + carbon center & rear console, carbon shift lever, carbon door sills & carbon ac vents, clear protection on the entire front of car + windshield, passport front & rear radar / laser hardwired in (and hidden), maintenance records, clear title. Haven't had a DME pulled recently, but the last 2 were clean. No reason to believe it is not clean.

Also have the following currently installed: GMG RSR Roll Bar, Schroth 6pts (2017) - driver & passenger, Stoptech rotors / hats pads, extra set of endless pads (new) + 4 bottles endless RF-650 fluid, GMG WC anti roll bars, GMG bump steer front & rear, GMG adj thrust arm bushings, GMG WC wheels

What would bring the most $$$ in a sale? Should I remove the installed parts and sell the car as stock (w/ the pccbs) or should I sell as a complete pkg?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ncgt3; 11-22-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:45 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,733 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Return the car to stock and sell parts individually.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:04 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Return the car to stock and sell parts individually.
+997.2.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:37 PM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

By the time you have spent time and money returning to stock including geo reset etc I would try and sell as is some where like here on rennlist etc.

Don't add extra to the price for 'extra's' and included the OEM parts in the sale and just price fairly and you should be OK.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:42 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

i have a 997.1 gt3 and a 997.2 gt3... i have been eagerly waiting for a 997.3 model

pag skunkworks must've been working overtime!!!
Old 11-22-2015, 07:48 AM
ncgt3
Advanced

Default thx for input

Thanks you to those whom are PMing ask to buy my seats - they will go the car for they were an option.

UR20v (or others in the know) - what would be a fair price on the car as-is?

Thx in advance

PS - corrected the typo to appease the lame thread police [golfnutintib] whom live to correct others. Isn't there a retirement community somewhere in need of a hall monitor?
Old 11-22-2015, 02:21 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ncgt3
Thanks you to those whom are PMing ask to buy my seats - they will go the car for they were an option.

UR20v (or others in the know) - what would be a fair price on the car as-is?

Thx in advance

PS - corrected the typo to appease the lame thread police [golfnutintib] whom live to correct others. Isn't there a retirement community somewhere in need of a hall monitor?
now i am happy thank you

let me get my morning serving of geritol

life is better when we get it right the first time, usually...but that's just in my world
Old 11-22-2015, 03:08 PM
zanwar
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just sold a broadly similar 997.2 GT3. Mine had a 5-lug conversion so it couldn't go completely back to stock. I'd leave the roll bar installed, and the suspension components if they don't affect the street drivability of the car. I'd go back to stock wheels and rotors / pads. Mostly you want to make the car as clean and fresh as possible. I completely replaced the (steel) brakes on my car before I sold it. Overall I think I pulled more equity out of the car by investing some money to improve the presentation, but the difference wasn't much.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,245 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
+997.2.
+1 you might find someone on RL wants the car as modified, but anyone else will probably want it "stock", and either wont pay any premium on the mods,
or wont want the car at all in "track" spec...
Old 11-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,245 Posts

Originally Posted by ncgt3
Looking for GT3 owners opinions. Trying to decide if I should take the car back to stock and sell installed parts - or - sell the car as is and sell the pccbs separately. Obviously want to bring in the most $...

Have a 2010 GT3 w/ less than 16K miles. GT Silver, PCCBs, nose lift, PASM, sport chrono, sharkwerks muffler bypass, carbon buckets + carbon center & rear console, carbon shift lever, carbon door sills & carbon ac vents, clear protection on the entire front of car + windshield, passport front & rear radar / laser hardwired in (and hidden), maintenance records, clear title. Haven't had a DME pulled recently, but the last 2 were clean. No reason to believe it is not clean.

Also have the following currently installed: GMG RSR Roll Bar, Schroth 6pts (2017) - driver & passenger, Stoptech rotors / hats pads, extra set of endless pads (new) + 4 bottles endless RF-650 fluid, GMG WC anti roll bars, GMG bump steer front & rear, GMG adj thrust arm bushings, GMG WC wheels

What would bring the most $$$ in a sale? Should I remove the installed parts and sell the car as stock (w/ the pccbs) or should I sell as a complete pkg?

Thanks in advance.
let me modify my previous ... I think you can "get away with" leaving the
suspension mods in place, but I would remove the roll bar, and potentially
also return the PCCBs ...

you *might* find another PCCB owner willing to buy the rotors discounted
from new, which might result in you getting more than if you re-install
them...
Old 11-27-2015, 06:14 PM
sixtosune
Instructor

Always best to get it 100% back to stock; you'll guarantee the most ample amount of serious potential buyers, willing and able to pay top dollar for the appreciating desirable model the GT3 is.

Performance parts You can always sell through forums with relative ease.

Quick Reply: thinking of selling 997.2 GT3 - need opinions