Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sad Day: Sold GT3 to make room for an Italian (candid comparo inside)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:21 PM
Briby
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I definitely recommend a 914 for your son! It's a HARD car to learn on. That's the point. It'll teach patience, and efficiency. It's not the safest thing in the world, sure, but he can also have some fun with it without breaking too many laws. I'm a very proud 914 owner (you can see mine at the link below, if you want), and would be happy to talk about mine with you or your son if you want. Just let me know.

http://www.motoroso.com/531600026cae...8843520/My-914
Old 11-02-2015, 06:13 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by baege
Any updates? How's life with the Gallardo?
Great! I do miss the gt3 still though. It was much more a "just get in and go" type of car. The Gallardo requires a little more planning. And I remain resolute in my observation that the driving dymanics of the gt3 are better in terms of inputs, feel, and precision. The Gallardo engine has a relatively long stroke, which simply makes it less responsive and sensitive to throttle inputs than the gt3. That's really my only real complaint...I miss the immediacy of the throttle response on the gt cars.

Added a superleggera wing and the Gallardo really looks menacing now. Also got my very first personalized plate...which gets lots of laughs!
Attached Images  
Old 11-03-2015, 01:19 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Great plate
Old 11-03-2015, 07:18 AM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottArizona
Great! I do miss the gt3 still though. It was much more a "just get in and go" type of car. The Gallardo requires a little more planning. And I remain resolute in my observation that the driving dymanics of the gt3 are better in terms of inputs, feel, and precision. The Gallardo engine has a relatively long stroke, which simply makes it less responsive and sensitive to throttle inputs than the gt3. That's really my only real complaint...I miss the immediacy of the throttle response on the gt cars.

Added a superleggera wing and the Gallardo really looks menacing now. Also got my very first personalized plate...which gets lots of laughs!
Love a clever plate with humor!
Old 11-03-2015, 08:48 AM
baege
Racer

Received 209 Likes on 101 Posts

Thanks for the update. Yah I think there is something about the accessibility of a Porsche that makes them fun to drive, great visibility and driving position goes a long way towards an enjoyable drive. A friend had a 997.2 turbo and a F430 at the same time and he sad he would often pick the 997.2 if he just wanted to go for an enjoyable drive. Interesting re throttle response.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:21 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

just checking this thread to see when you list the Gallardo for sale

Nice find on the manual transmission.
Have you thought about trading up for a 430 Manual?
Old 11-03-2015, 09:31 AM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You are still loyal. Lamborghini is owned by VW after all!!!
Old 11-03-2015, 10:47 AM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At least Lambo doesn't have any diesel engines, now that Audi and even Porsche have been swallowed up in the VW diesel emissions disaster.

all the best...
Old 11-06-2015, 06:16 PM
DerekShiekhi
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Yellow Lambo Tempted One of Our Members Away from Porsche

A Yellow Lambo Tempted One of Our Members Away from Porsche

Gone, but not forgotten. That's what forum member <em>ScottArizona</em>'s 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 is - even after he sold it in September to buy a Giallo Halys 2005 Lamborghini Gallardo.

Read the rest on the Rennlist.com homepage. >>
Old 11-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Runner
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 111 Posts

My dad has this 2005 LP560 GT3 Gallardo. Mint and low miles. Really nice car and it is a 6 speed manual. I've had the privilege to drive it a few times and it is an experience. The sound is intoxicating. It is definitely Hollywood style and it does get a ton of attention. More than my comfort zone. I love this car and hope he decides to keep it for life. His plate today is "NO401K". If he does decide to sell, I will be the first in line. Great add to my GT3.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

i keep seeing this thread bumped thinking you came to your senses, ditched that sexy high drama italian, and got back into a sensible german :-)
Old 11-09-2015, 12:51 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 539 Posts

like your plate.
gotta keep a sense of humor about this stuff.
I try to, see below.

post up some better photo's with your new wing.
Attached Images  
Old 11-09-2015, 10:03 PM
curt_928
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I drove my friends Gallardo it was a very nice ride, 6-speed stick.. but it didn't seem to "come alive" until I hit 70 or so. My 360 just feels more nimble at lower speeds.

My base 997 C2 is an easier car to drive fast. Hands down. One day I might pick up a GT3... Do the reverse route.. but the attention you get used to if you're a closeted narcissist like I am.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:13 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

saw this in the Rennlist email blast, but took me a second to find the actual Thread/Post..

Ironically given the economic climate of the GT3's... and absurd pricing... rather than sourcing another 997 GT3...I went down a similar path... but kinda ends with a twist.

Had 2010 GT3 (Loved it, very hands on but easy to read and easy to do maneuver any which way you please (even in the snow) (owned vehicle 6 months)

went to a 2015 GT3 (Loved it at first compared to an immediately previously owned 991S/991TT, but ultimately did not love it at all.. transmission needed some more ***** and less computer input and the rear steering would feel "off" at high speeds..) (owned vehicle 3 months)

went into a 2008 Superleggera (and still currently own... told myself I would never buy a gallardo but if a Prime White/Orange or Grigio Telesto SuperLeggera came available I would leap to get it regardless of whats what in the garage...) (have owned vehicle 6+ months)

Pros vs GT3's:
much more solid feeling at high speed
much more exotic feeling but i wish i could add a Shark pipe!
Love the interior thats entirely Alcantara versus GT3 that only offers "full leather w/ Alcantara"
Launch Control is out of this world
70/30 split on drivetrain means it's just as tail happy as a Gt3 and fun to slide around

Cons vs GT3:
no back seat
smaller trunk
a little harder to DD although i still DD it (attention, turning radius, attention from police)
less usable for hauling items and transporting people... yet women love to pack 2-3 deep in the passenger seat.

Even w GT3:
wing covers rear view on both

That being said... the GT3RS lands here later this week and i'm hoping it feels more like 997GT3 with more power versus the 991GT3 that honestly felt like a touring vehicle versus a track car to me.

the 997.2:
Name:  GT3-1.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  1.09 MB

the 991:
Name:  IMG_2901.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  85.0 KB

the Superleggera:
Name:  superleggera-8.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  1,017.9 KB
Name:  superleggera-3.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  1.06 MB
Name:  superleggera-5.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  897.4 KB
Name:  superleggera-6.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  769.0 KB
Name:  superleggera-14.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  895.8 KB
Name:  superleggera-1.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  931.1 KB
Name:  superleggera-13.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  1.02 MB
Name:  superleggera-12.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  1.11 MB

GT3RS is white... should land within a week!
Old 11-30-2015, 02:17 PM
JustSan
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
like your plate.
gotta keep a sense of humor about this stuff.
I try to, see below.
Saw you at the Q yesterday and laughed at the plate - good one!

Quick Reply: Sad Day: Sold GT3 to make room for an Italian (candid comparo inside)