Cobb or Softronic independent dyno/track results

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 09:05 PM
onefstm
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cobb or Softronic independent dyno/track results

Hello Rennlist friends,

I am considering upgrading the tune on my .1 GT3. Both Cobb and Softronic claim substantial HP and Torque increases and have the dyno charts to prove it. While this looks good on paper, I would like to know if anyone has done their own before and after dyno to prove the results. Please give me your actual dyno results or track time improvements, if you have used one of these tunes.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy
Old 04-13-2015, 03:44 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

I did quite a bit of before/after testing of Softronic on my Cayman HERE. Very happy with the product, and with the ability to switch back to stock map when needed (for A/B testing, or for taking the car to a dealer). Gains were substantial. The GT3 is likely a different story, however. The manufacturer de-tuned the Cayman to support their product line - can't have the cheaper car be faster than the expensive one. The GT3 is top of the line, so the manufacturer got everything out of it that they could. They make some small compromises for driveability (cold weather locations, lousy gasoline locations, EPA bullsh*t), but there is probably only 10-15 HP available from that (IMHO).
Old 04-13-2015, 10:07 PM
onefstm
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by facelvega
I did quite a bit of before/after testing of Softronic on my Cayman HERE. Very happy with the product, and with the ability to switch back to stock map when needed (for A/B testing, or for taking the car to a dealer). Gains were substantial. The GT3 is likely a different story, however. The manufacturer de-tuned the Cayman to support their product line - can't have the cheaper car be faster than the expensive one. The GT3 is top of the line, so the manufacturer got everything out of it that they could. They make some small compromises for driveability (cold weather locations, lousy gasoline locations, EPA bullsh*t), but there is probably only 10-15 HP available from that (IMHO).
Thanks for the input. I feel like Softronic has the tenure, for sure. From what I saw on the old 996 GT3 threads, they are able to extract substantially more power from these motors.

Quick Reply: Cobb or Softronic independent dyno/track results