Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year and all the best!
Old 12-31-2015, 12:03 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by Canyonrs4
I am sure one of those sets has my name on it (or will soon!)...
You know it!
Old 12-31-2015, 03:29 PM
arcamalpha
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Have just ordered a DSC module for my 997.2 GT3 so that's another one heading to the UK :-)

Can anyone point me to some pictures of the installation please?
Old 12-31-2015, 03:59 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by arcamalpha
Have just ordered a DSC module for my 997.2 GT3 so that's another one heading to the UK :-)
Thank You, Sir!

Can anyone point me to some pictures of the installation please?
Here you go-

Average time is 10 minutes or less. No tools required.

1. Remove key from ignition switch.

2. Make your way to the Right Hand side of the car.

3. Locate the stock PASM module. It is located above and slightly forward of the carpeted trim panel nearest to the passenger right foot. There's no need to removed the trim panel. Just reach your hand above the trim panel then slight forward and you'll feel the flat surface of the PASM module.

4. Once you have your fingers on the flat surface of the PASM module, follow downward and you'll feel the plastic locking tab.

5. Push down one the locking tab and the PASM module will fall out of the retaining bracket.

6. Once the module is visible carefully unplug the electrical connector from the PASM module and transfer the connector to the DSC module. Make sure the connector is plugged all the way and is secured.

7. To install the DSC module onto the retaining bracket simply line up the upper tab and the bottom will snap into the locking tab.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:06 PM
JD-Motorsports
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a little FYI. The RHD cars are different to the LHD cars. The PASM control unit is on the left side (passenger side) on a RHD car, UK, New Zealand (Me), AUS, etc. Same procedure, just the opposite side.... just like everything else driving related!!

Cheers
Old 12-31-2015, 05:27 PM
JD-Motorsports
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
awesome product guys! I really like the fact that now the presence of the DSC is not detectable (by dealers) unless they pull the module itself!

Personally I think that 2 modes are fine, especially with the ability to reload maps via USB from a PC or Mac ...

I wonder when Porsche will buy you guys, or license your technology!

Yes and no. If I hook up the factory PIWIS tester to a car with a DSC control unit installed, it will "grey" out the PASM control unit when doing a full scan of all the ECUs. Meaning, it thinks it is not installed. There are no faults in any other control units, which is a very good thing!! But if a dealer tech wanted to investigate a problem with the PASM or check something out, he would not be able to interrogate / communicate with the control unit. At times we are required to submit what is known as a Vehicle Analysis Log (VAL). Some VALs must be Fault free! Warranty claims can be denied if a VAL is not submitted or has faults. So I applaud the software engineers with DSC and TPC on making sure that there are no communication faults logged or it would be a big mess!

Looking forward to being a part of the continued success of this product line and working at a Porsche dealership has some added perks too!

Last edited by JD-Motorsports; 01-02-2016 at 03:01 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:46 PM
JD-Motorsports
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Canyonrs4
I am sure one of those sets has my name on it (or will soon!)...
Happy New Years Mate! Hope all is well. Is the car working well for you? Sub 2:00.00 club @ HPR yet?

Old 12-31-2015, 06:08 PM
Canyonrs4
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Happy New Year to you too Jeff! Good to hear from you ... and Yes 1:59.48! Driver is holding back the times ... just a work in progress.

Hope everything is well with you!
Old 12-31-2015, 08:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

Originally Posted by JD-Motorsports
Yes and no. If I hook up the factory PIWIS tester to a car with a DSC control unit installed, it will "grey" out the PASM control unit when doing a full scan of all the ECUs. Meaning, it thinks it is not installed. There are no faults in any other control units, which is a very good thing!! But if a dealer tech wanted to investigate a problem with the PASM or check something out, he would not be able to interrogate / communicate with the control unit. At times we are required to submit what is known as a Vehicle Analysis Log (VAL). Some VALs must be Fault free! Warranty claims can be denied if a VAL is not submitted or has faults. So I applaud the software engineers with DSC and TPC on making sure that there are no communication faults logged or it would be a big mess!

Looking forward to being a part of the success of this product line. Working at a Porsche dealership has some added perks too!
Good to know... Thanks!
Old 01-01-2016, 07:32 AM
arcamalpha
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
Thank You, Sir!

Here you go-

Average time is 10 minutes or less. No tools required.

1. Remove key from ignition switch.

2. Make your way to the Right Hand side of the car.

3. Locate the stock PASM module. It is located above and slightly forward of the carpeted trim panel nearest to the passenger right foot. There's no need to removed the trim panel. Just reach your hand above the trim panel then slight forward and you'll feel the flat surface of the PASM module.

4. Once you have your fingers on the flat surface of the PASM module, follow downward and you'll feel the plastic locking tab.

5. Push down one the locking tab and the PASM module will fall out of the retaining bracket.

6. Once the module is visible carefully unplug the electrical connector from the PASM module and transfer the connector to the DSC module. Make sure the connector is plugged all the way and is secured.

7. To install the DSC module onto the retaining bracket simply line up the upper tab and the bottom will snap into the locking tab.
Great, thanks. No need to disconnect the battery first?

I was all excited about it arriving and trying it out but the council has just salted the roads last night so the car is confined to the garage for a bit longer :-(

Hopefully the weather will brighten up soon!
Old 01-01-2016, 03:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

Great, thanks. No need to disconnect the battery first?

I was all excited about it arriving and trying it out but the council has just salted the roads last night so the car is confined to the garage for a bit longer :-(

Hopefully the weather will brighten up soon!
nope simply make sure ignition is off.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:27 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is the user-programming software the same for both versions of the DSC module?
Old 01-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by motopix
Is the user-programming software the same for both versions of the DSC module?
Yes. Same. The software holds 3 modes. The new 2-mode firmware switches between mode 1 and mode 2. Mode 3 can be assigned as Mode 1 or Mode 2 with DSC software using the "Write to setting" function.

Edit: The functions of the software in both versions are the same to the user. *But the maps aren't interchangeable between the versions*.

Last edited by Tom@TPC Racing; 01-04-2016 at 05:52 PM. Reason: See edit notes
Old 01-02-2016, 06:08 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes. Same. The software holds 3 modes. The new 2-mode firmware switches between mode 1 and mode 2. Mode 3 can be assigned as Mode 1 or Mode 2 with DSC software using the "Write to setting" function.
Thanks.

So the benefit of the v.2 DSC is that it integrates like the OEM PASM dash and buttom indicator light?

I'm curious why this change came about. Did people complain about not having a dash indication or did they complain about the blinking LED on the button?

I will say that on the 3 mode version, it doesn't always cycle through all 3 modes correctly. I've been in mode 2 numerous times and hit the button once and ended up in mode 1 (which is what I wanted anyway but it wasn't expected). Maybe I should keep the telepathic V.1 DSC that knows which mode I want.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:05 PM
JD-Motorsports
Intermediate

Hi Tom,

So if understand you correctly, when using the new 2 mode firmware, In mode 1 "normal displayed on cluster", yellow background in the tuning software, these tables and calibrations will be applied? When I select "sport" mode, mode 2, red background in the tuning software, these tables and calibrations will be applied? So mode 3, "Track", blue background in the tuning software, these tables and calibrations are not used until they are written to either mode 1 or 2? That is good to know, as I was a little confused with how the "dynamic range" was expanded. I was under the impression it was using the mode 1 and 1/2 of mode 2 in "normal" and the other 1/2 of mode 2 and mode 3 in "sport".

So the tables and calibrations in mode 3 are something to try out on their own? The new G-Table that softens both inside corners is something I would like to try out. The shock cals looks interesting too.

Looking forward to seeing the new website and hopefully getting more good information.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM