Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 02:51 AM
maxbhp
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Evolution RS Driving Experience at Silverstone

Has anybody ever done this before?

http://www.porsche.com/silverstone/e...e/evolutionrs/

Wifey earned herself some bonus points booking it for me knowing I'd be in London for work.
Basically you get to drive the .1 RS, followed by the .2 RS, and then the mighty 4.0 for 90 mins with an instructor on track, skidpad, slalom course, low grip circuit, etc...
This will be my first time on track in an RS of any sort. I got my .1 RS a little less than a year ago but haven't tracked it yet and am stoked about getting seat time with an instructor on a track in these cars and not having to worry about my car it being my first time out. Hopefully now I'll feel more confident to take it to some HPDE's.
Only downsize is that I'm sure my 3.6 will feel slow now after tasting the 3.8 and 4.0 in succession. Nothing a 3.9 kit can't fix I'm sure.

Evolution RS

Objectives
Porsche "RS" models would not exist without the race track. This experience will illustrate the raw, focussed character of the 911 GT3 RS through its evolution.

Course Content
Driving a 911 GT 3 RS, followed by a 911 GT3 RS 3.8 and ultimately the truly iconic 911 GT3 RS 4.0 you will appreciate how this legend has evolved whilst retaining its race bred nature.

One-to-one Tuition: Yes

Event Car: GT3 RS Gen1 & Gen 2, GT3 RS 4.0

Running Length: 90 mins
Old 09-26-2014, 02:59 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Sounds like fun, your wife sounds like a keeper!

regarding confidence to do hpde... just do it, it's way too much fun
go to motorsportsreg
search on poc
drive car out as it is, just bring a chair, a helmet, and water
find martin and I
You'll have a blast. POC instructors are great. chuckwalla is super smooth, decent speed, but very flowing momentum track, very wide, very safe run-off, and most runoff is just dusty sand, not rocks, your car will be fine

DO IT!
Old 09-26-2014, 03:19 AM
Megathumper
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I have, drove the GT2 and the GT2RS, wonderful, will do it again. Had my son and two brothers with me and arranged similar for them in the 991 series cars and they loved it. The centre spoilt us a bit, probably because I booked 4 slots for the afternoon ��

Quick Reply: Evolution RS Driving Experience at Silverstone