Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Bluebonnet Circuit - Brenham, TX

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 12:56 PM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bluebonnet Circuit - Brenham, TX

Some of you might have heard and some not that Texas World Speedway is closing next May, a new track is going to be built to the south in Brenham

http://www.clubtrackholdings.com/
Old 09-24-2014, 02:20 PM
AGO
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the link, good to have a new track. Of course it won't "replace" TWS... fast, good flow...
Old 09-24-2014, 03:05 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

I think they are trying hard to make it similar in flow and speed. The guys who are driving it have a love affair with TWS - so I'm very optimistic that it will be epic.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:10 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

I definitely want to hit up TWS on my mini TX manaction next Spring before it closes for good.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:08 PM
surlynkid
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope this works out. A smidge closer to the house but never ever any conflicts with Texas A&M stuff. Fewer good places to eat and stay, but I can live with that. I just hope they do good soil prep work. The front straight of NOLA must've been built directly on a swamp, because it is scary bumpy at speed. Brand new track should be smooth as glass.

Sound limits are unclear. My car is not quiet.

This is exciting.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

Originally Posted by surlynkid
Hope this works out. A smidge closer to the house but never ever any conflicts with Texas A&M stuff. Fewer good places to eat and stay, but I can live with that. I just hope they do good soil prep work. The front straight of NOLA must've been built directly on a swamp, because it is scary bumpy at speed. Brand new track should be smooth as glass.

Sound limits are unclear. My car is not quiet.

This is exciting.
What? You guys have DB limits at tracks in Texas? I thought that was only in places dominated by liberals. hahaha Do any of the current tracks around the Houston/Austin/Dallas area have DB limits? I ask because my car isn't quiet either.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:10 PM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
What? You guys have DB limits at tracks in Texas? I thought that was only in places dominated by liberals. hahaha Do any of the current tracks around the Houston/Austin/Dallas area have DB limits? I ask because my car isn't quiet either.
In Texas if you're outside City limits there are none, in Bluebonnet's case they are self imposing some, http://www.clubtrackholdings.com/sound-plan.html
Old 10-04-2014, 11:07 AM
ShootingStar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C4S/GT3
In Texas if you're outside City limits there are none, in Bluebonnet's case they are self imposing some, http://www.clubtrackholdings.com/sound-plan.html
Specifically they say this.

Originally Posted by BlueBonnet
Our maximum at static test will be below this however its an effective test to show the fence line db Calculation

I interpret that as the sound limit being below 107dB a meter from the track. What's the dB reading on a Sharkwerks bypass at a meter away? What's the stock .2 RS read at a meter away?

Quick Reply: Bluebonnet Circuit - Brenham, TX