Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

anyone tried RoTtec seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 10:56 PM
thrashek
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personal experience... I had Rottec Seats in my old 997 C2S. And while the Carbon construction/lay of the seats seemed sufficient - the 997 GT3 Euro replica seats I had were simply NOT intended/tested for much more than a cool show car. When I had an "off" at the track a few years ago, on impact (at roughly 30 mph), the seat rails/sliders splayed apart, allowing the drivers seat to detach from the car (on impact). Just imagine ball bearings all over the carpet and you'll get the idea. Needless to say, I now have Porsche GT2 seats, and would NEVER consider a non "certified" seat for anything except a show car. At minimum, please check with Rottec as they may have improved the design, including tempering of steel and stress testing. Cheers J.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:23 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

No please be good to your health and safety. Not an area to save money. Go with factory or approved recaro etc....
Old 01-27-2014, 02:36 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!
Products are crap and customer service equally or greater sucks.
I have wasted money with this bogus outfit.
Did I say stay away ... YES STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranger
Old 01-27-2014, 06:00 PM
johnboise3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with RSRanger...
ABSOLUTE CRAP products, and customer service really bad. Only after a LOT of hassles and threats they agreed to my return of the seats (before they were ever installed) and refund of most (but not all my money).
DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK !!!
Old 01-30-2014, 07:03 PM
DER951
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

So after reading these posts, I was suspicious the PO of my car had installed these seats.

I removed the driver seat today, and can find no identification.

They are Euro GT3 look, fake suede, carbon fiber look, no crests, and steel mounting plates. I can't tell if the slider mechanism came with them or not.

Can anyone tell me if RoTtec has any ID on the seat? I tried going to their website, and my internet security software warned me not to even go there. Even their website is dangerous?

Do all brand name seats have ID on them?

I was going to replace the seats with brand name halo seats anyway, but had hoped to sell the old ones. If they are RoTtec, I cannot do that in good conscience. Maybe will be my new computer chair.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:07 PM
rnh204
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Sell on 6speed. I think the seats are fine for show cars.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:00 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

genuine porsche seat has a white sticker on bottom with blk text stating date of manufacturing as well part number. i have some very old ones and decal is still on. i dont think ppl will remove the decals.

furthermore OEM seat back are black (fiber glass) NOT CF look

Originally Posted by DER951
So after reading these posts, I was suspicious the PO of my car had installed these seats.

I removed the driver seat today, and can find no identification.

They are Euro GT3 look, fake suede, carbon fiber look, no crests, and steel mounting plates. I can't tell if the slider mechanism came with them or not.

Can anyone tell me if RoTtec has any ID on the seat? I tried going to their website, and my internet security software warned me not to even go there. Even their website is dangerous?

Do all brand name seats have ID on them?

I was going to replace the seats with brand name halo seats anyway, but had hoped to sell the old ones. If they are RoTtec, I cannot do that in good conscience. Maybe will be my new computer chair.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:52 AM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
genuine porsche seat has a white sticker on bottom with blk text stating date of manufacturing as well part number. i have some very old ones and decal is still on. i dont think ppl will remove the decals.

furthermore OEM seat back are black (fiber glass) NOT CF look
If they are 997 GT3 seats they will have CF look back
I had a set of genuine seats and they are def CF backed.

Bill
Old 01-31-2014, 11:06 AM
DER951
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Is there any other brand of non OEM GT3 seats besides Rottec?

Quick Reply: anyone tried RoTtec seats?