Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

value decrease 997Gt3

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 09:36 PM
onefstm
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats dude! Cants want to see the car. Love the .1 Gt3's. Amazing cars, for sure.

Originally Posted by 993Brendan
I'll throw my $0.02 in since I just wired the money for a 2007 GT3RS with 14k on the clock yesterday.

My original plan was to wait until the 997.1 RS got down to $80k/$85k and then pick one up. Two or three years ago that was a pretty conservative plan as $90k seemed to be the going rate and everyone was dumping them for 3.8s and 4.0s. Imagine my surprise when the prices started going up! In the end I decided that there were probably too many people with the same plan as me (seems to be a new WTB ad every week) and that if I waited I would probably face some stiff competition for whatever cars came up for sale (example: the silver/black 997.1 RS that sold in a couple of hours a few Saturdays ago). In the end I paid more than I wanted to, but I plan on keeping this car for the long term so even if prices go down once the 991 is out I imagine they will creep back up over the long term...especially for a nice orange one like my new pumpkin.

And for what it is worth, cars are out there. I simply changed my signature to say I was looking and within two hours was contacted by a Rennlister who had one in his collection which he wasn't using. I figured it would take a very long time to find one...guess I got lucky!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:47 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by onefstm
Congrats dude! Cants want to see the car. Love the .1 Gt3's. Amazing cars, for sure.
Just trying to keep up with you. Picked up today and should be here Wednesday!

Quick Reply: value decrease 997Gt3