Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

991 GT3 Petition

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 06:58 PM
tripleblack
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they already have it...RS, individual TB, manual everything...
Attached Images  

Last edited by tripleblack; 02-22-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:03 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Earlierapex
actually, we need to keep those, this thread is intended to adamantly oppose all technologies that make Porsches faster and safer.

real men can heel-toe downshift mid corner with non-abs brakes on three wheels
lmao... I'm sold on your new car... Where do I send the cheque?

Ps. Can I have mine with 4 wheel drum brakes? Better yet, just cut out the floor pan and I'll use my feet!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:34 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

real men drive porsches with magnetos
hahaha! lmao

maybe they will save this for the 8 cyl
Old 02-22-2013, 08:39 PM
cbweaver1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Road side assistance via carrier pigeon......
Old 02-22-2013, 09:21 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Ok I'll bite - -because this thread is so hilarious yet also productive.

I'm not opposed to all technologies faster and safer. . . . .I want the option of paddles or manual .. . .Nothing to do with being a real man - -just my driving preference.

actually, we need to keep those, this thread is intended to adamantly oppose all technologies that make Porsches faster and safer.

real men can heel-toe downshift mid corner with non-abs brakes on three wheels
Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Ok I'll bite - -because this thread is so hilarious yet also productive.

I'm not opposed to all technologies faster and safer. . . . .I want the option of paddles or manual .. . .Nothing to do with being a real man - -just my driving preference.
have you unplugged your ABS brake relays yet? Because threshold braking is a completely lost art due to computers. The only difference is that we are now acclimated and not upset about it anymore.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wanna911
I would like a gt3 with remote control a comfortable chair and hey maybe even auto pilot so I dont even have to bother trying to control it myself . I wouldnt have to even go to the track and get my car off the trailer. Or possibly change my brake pads or bleed brake fluid. I would like to push a button for pit stop. I would like to not have to bother driving for hours to ger to the track or getting gas on my clothes trying to refuel. God forbid I have to climb under the car to attach ratchet straps. In fact just make it where I dont have to get out of bed.....

Oh wait, we have forza for that.... Might be hars for Porsche to keep their profit margin.....
Thank god for the 2012 real man GT3. While it's already amazingly pure, we can unruin it even more for you. Just bring it down to our shop and we'll retrofit 4 brake pedals so you can individually control brake force distribution at each wheel like a manly man. Although that may be difficult to do that while using both hands to adjust your new analog dampers at each corner 30 or 40 thousand times per second. We'll also put a 1000 page manual on the passenger seat so you can lookup and tune throttle maps depending on temperature and throttle position.

You are going to be pretty busy, so we may have to install PDK.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:15 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

have you unplugged your ABS brake relays yet? Because threshold braking is a completely lost art due to computers. The only difference is that we are now acclimated and not upset about it anymore.
Whilst the thread was quite hilarious, you've just identified the flaw in your argument, CHOICE!

I doubt there is a single guy on this board who believes that there is no place for PDK in a gt3 but considering it has been a manual only platform for over a decade, people would like the "choice" to move to the "newer, smarter, safer, faster" technology... Some will be quick with uptake, some not...

Likewise if I spend $300k on a car I'd like the choice of hitting the wall and dying because of my mistake or stupidity as opposed to a failure of the "newer, smarter, safer, faster" centrelocks on my car that I'm told I must have as a result of a desire to display automotive progress!

Whilst all cars have ABS fitted as you've rightly pointed out and we've all aclimatised to its use, we still have the CHOICE of pulling the fuses and planting it sideways into a wall to demonstrate how manly we are... Not so with PDK only or centrelocks...

The argument here is not PDK or a desire to remain in the dark ages, its choice....
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911rox
Whilst the thread was quite hilarious, you've just identified the flaw in your argument, CHOICE!

I doubt there is a single guy on this board who believes that there is no place for PDK in a gt3 but considering it has been a manual only platform for over a decade, people would like the "choice" to move to the "newer, smarter, safer, faster" technology... Some will be quick with uptake, some not...

Likewise if I spend $300k on a car I'd like the choice of hitting the wall and dying because of my mistake or stupidity as opposed to a failure of the "newer, smarter, safer, faster" centrelocks on my car that I'm told I must have as a result of a desire to display automotive progress!

Whilst all cars have ABS fitted as you've rightly pointed out and we've all aclimatised to its use, we still have the CHOICE of pulling the fuses and planting it sideways into a wall to demonstrate how manly we are... Not so with PDK only or centrelocks...

The argument here is not PDK or a desire to remain in the dark ages, its choice....
I missed the carb, magneto, drum brake, wooden wagon wheel boxes on my latest order?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:28 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

I missed the carb, magneto, drum brake, wooden wagon wheel boxes on my latest order?
Lol... Left those out of my point since we haven't been deprived of these in recent decades!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Thank god for the 2012 real man GT3. While it's already amazingly pure, we can unruin it even more for you. Just bring it down to our shop and we'll retrofit 4 brake pedals so you can individually control brake force distribution at each wheel like a manly man. Although that may be difficult to do that while using both hands to adjust your new analog dampers at each corner 30 or 40 thousand times per second. We'll also put a 1000 page manual on the passenger seat so you can lookup and tune throttle maps depending on temperature and throttle position.

You are going to be pretty busy, so we may have to install PDK.
LOL!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:28 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Testing continues on the follow-on GT3...
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the asking price for my 1972 Lotus Élan Sprint is rising faster than the stock market. No power steering (electric or hydraulic), no PDK, no power brakes, no ABS, no SC, no TC, no fuel injection, choke included... Oh, damn, it does have center lock wheels. Almost the perfect car.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

what a useless thread. PDK fan boys that been driving manuals for years and still didn't catch on. Wait till they got learn to left foot brake. Time will only tell until they figure out they are still way slow regardless. Slowness is not something technology can make your better. Ruin the sport and car by bringing the lowest common denominator an assist that they think will help them out and then market the crap out of it. What a scheme and what a useless product. Kill an art by succumbing to the rich cats that make up the market.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:54 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 191 Posts

^huh? You're rambling bro. Take a deep breath and say your point in 3 sentences. Mike

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Petition