resistance is futile.
...you will be assimilated
Old 03-01-2013, 01:06 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by drl
Too funny. Nice trailer by the way. Too bad it has all those walls though.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:07 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by drl
... join us.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:08 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ex10psi
I started my trailer journey looking at 20' local "cheap" enclosed trailers and planned to use my x5 diesel as tow vehicle.

then i spoke to mooty and pjs.... now i have a chevy 2500 diesel truck, and a 24' enclosed TPD on order.

bad influence
for all you know, we could have saved the life of you and your family... I have never given you bad advice... all I have done is reinforced within you what you know is right... I am your trailer jesus

Originally Posted by tasman
mooty and pjs should be banned. I am resisting so far. Only got open trailex and "normal" pickem up.
nothing wrong with this set up... if your experience is like mine, you will grow weary of loading and unloading everything. BUT open trailers are "cheap", have good resale, are easy to store, load and deal with... and better mileage etc... I would advise to stay with this set up as long as you can stand it... simple, effective, etc. But enclosed is nice...

Originally Posted by drl
You got off easy! After speaking with both of them i ended up with F350 diesel long bed and 38' tpd gooseneck.
and look how happy you are

Originally Posted by mooty
open trailer with your nice silver car will lead to chips and bird poop discoloring clear bra. furthermore, after a weekend of "work" on track, you are tired. do you really want to unpack the tires and tool from the open trailer? just get an enclosed trailer and a manly truck to tow it with.

i have done my part.

PJS will chime in, then as they say... resistance is futile.
my car did not leave the trailer last season at all (except for servicing which is a block from where I store the trailer)... load at track, disconnect battery, drop in storage lot... next track day is as simple as fill up fuel jugs, hook up trailer and depart... that is nice.

I detect a conspiracy.
spreading happiness one TPD at a time
Old 03-01-2013, 02:12 PM
tasman
Race Car

I feel it is inevitable but not time yet. Need a few years of openness until I get sick of loading and unloading. Can see how this could get to be a pain. Trailex fits in my garage and can store car on it during our long winters. Not a good/easy place for me to leave enclosed trailer at this point. I am not yet ready for assimilation.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:06 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

I feel it is inevitable but not time yet. Need a few years of openness until I get sick of loading and unloading. Can see how this could get to be a pain. Trailex fits in my garage and can store car on it during our long winters. Not a good/easy place for me to leave enclosed trailer at this point. I am not yet ready for assimilation.
what is winter?
in addition to buying trailer, you should consider moving to a state with no winter. SF real estate prices are at all time low. move here, we need econ stimulation.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 AM
tasman
Race Car

what is winter?
in addition to buying trailer, you should consider moving to a state with no winter. SF real estate prices are at all time low. move here, we need econ stimulation.
Winter is apparently what you guys in SF have in the summer. I would love to move someplace warmer. Maybe in a few years. Stuck here with work for now.

I am actually heading to your part of the world in late August. Taking the boss on a bike tour of the wine country for a week. Should be fun and help stimulate your economy.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:35 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Winter is apparently what you guys in SF have in the summer. I would love to move someplace warmer. Maybe in a few years. Stuck here with work for now.
m
I am actually heading to your part of the world in late August. Taking the boss on a bike tour of the wine country for a week. Should be fun and help stimulate your economy.
give me a buzz in August
lots challenging rides around my house
Old 03-03-2013, 09:06 AM
tasman
Race Car

give me a buzz in August
lots challenging rides around my house
Really. I though SF was mostly flat?

Take me for a ride in your GT3 on the Bullitt road and let's catch some air! Just make sure CL's are on good first.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:58 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Really. I though SF was mostly flat?

Take me for a ride in your GT3 on the Bullitt road and let's catch some air! Just make sure CL's are on good first.
Well some ppl consider 25 deg slope flat
In that case we r pretty flat
Old 03-12-2013, 02:31 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was searching for open trail to tow with my x5... cross that out off my list... this forum is not healthy for my bank account.

Now i am searching for a truck...

Quick Reply: WTB: 20-24' TPD Trailer