Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Ridge motorsport park ownership problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 04:39 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Man, between just moving and all these Saturday DE's, I'm missing out! Hopefully the next couple weeks will allow me to get out to a turn 2 ridge event!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a turn 2 calendar for 2013 out already. Turn 2 officially starts in April I believe. Yesterday and previously end of December , January 19 events were by Tom Pritchett, of Turn 2. A "winter warrior" event that looks at a ten day weather forecast and if it looks promising and the track is available then he will email drivers to see if enough respond positively to make it a "go". Fee 150. Pm me if you need his email.
BTW turn 2 going to ORP 4/27-28
Peter
Old 02-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Thork'sGT3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go to the Ridge website and get into the calendar, you can see the dates that Tom is doing. When you click on Turn 2 Lapping Toms email address is there. Tom has been great at getting back to me regarding June 7th Ridge event.
Still need a place between Calgary and Seattle for the end of May. Spokane/Portland/Seattle. Thoughts anyone??
Old 02-10-2013, 03:37 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
Just got a email from ridge racing school that they are not booking events at the ridge d/t some track ownership dispute... Noticed the regular bullet racing team I go with also don't have any track days scheduled and they aren't answering my emails? Anyone have the scoop with what's up with the ridge Motorsport park?
just had one yesterday
Old 02-10-2013, 10:35 PM
rja
Rennlist Member

Yesterday was a fun outing. Track remains great fun. Hopefully things will get sorted out because ORP is a haul and not a venue that I'd be willing to frequent. The Ridge is a great addition to PNW region.

Regarding CL wheels, I cannot help but wonder if this issue is overblown. They are without a doubt a royal PITA, but has it been confirmed that the failure cases involved properly torqued / checked wheels? I have personally run into CL wheel owners at the track that gave me the deer in headlights look when asking them if they torqued their wheels.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:20 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Thork'sGT3
Still need a place between Calgary and Seattle for the end of May. Spokane/Portland/Seattle. Thoughts anyone??
NASA at the Ridge June 1-2. Second event in TT series.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:42 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by seapar
There is a turn 2 calendar for 2013 out already. Turn 2 officially starts in April I believe. Yesterday and previously end of December , January 19 events were by Tom Pritchett, of Turn 2. A "winter warrior" event that looks at a ten day weather forecast and if it looks promising and the track is available then he will email drivers to see if enough respond positively to make it a "go". Fee 150. Pm me if you need his email.
BTW turn 2 going to ORP 4/27-28
Peter
On the list, seen everyone of the emails, just haven't had time to get there! ARGH!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:05 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
Noticed the regular bullet racing team I go with also don't have any track days scheduled and they aren't answering my emails?
Bullet has recently acquired a US location in Auburn, Washington. Until the owners of The Ridge sort out their differences I think Bullet is planning to do most of their trackdays at Pacific Raceways this year.

They also took their website down for revamp. Try this email address to get in touch with Steve: Stevepaquette@telus.net

Regards,

Matt
Old 02-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Thork'sGT3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Montoya, great news! Would a fellow be able to go in for just June 1? I assume this is a lapping group similar to the Porsche Train.
If so I would trailer down on May 31st, track on June 1 st , store truck and trailer till June 6 and track on the 7th. One more day is all I needed as 24 hours of trailering for one day is a bit much. Two track days is a different story!
Tried to get on their website, but no luck.

Brent
Old 03-10-2013, 07:18 PM
epsdan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Bullet has recently acquired a US location in Auburn, Washington. Until the owners of The Ridge sort out their differences I think Bullet is planning to do most of their trackdays at Pacific Raceways this year.

They also took their website down for revamp. Try this email address to get in touch with Steve: Stevepaquette@telus.net

Regards,

Matt
Basal,

I had the Cayman out with Steve at Pacific a few weeks ago doing some testing. Between Daytona some personal stuff, Steve has been swamped since the end of last year. He's around, and will get back to you, I'm sure. I'd plan on most days being at Pacific this year, though.

Great seeing you at Daytona, Matt!

Dan
Old 03-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I've learn of the personal stuff from Facebook and understand completely...
Old 03-11-2013, 02:41 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Been wanting to get out with the bullet guys. Where do we get on their mailing list?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 PM
woshimihei
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't worry ,the trackdays are stll coming
Old 03-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

following them on facebook now...

Quick Reply: Ridge motorsport park ownership problem