Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

COTA cancelling track rentals???

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 06:58 PM
CKit
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 13 Posts

Forward the article to all friends at different forums. Including any F1 forums you frequent.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have written the operating partner ofMccombs company who we have done business with. This is despicable. And to then lie that there was conflict what are the names of the organizations that have contracts for the dates COTA just canceled.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:10 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

mark just emailed. COTA is back on
Old 12-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Circuit of The Americas’ provides updated information on pending track rentals

Circuit of The Americas™ today announced that it would honor track rentals with four organizations that had booked track days and paid rental fees in advance. “We are moving ahead with these agreements and contacting clients so they can share this information with their members and customers,” Circuit spokesperson Julie Loignon said. “The executed rental agreements will limit the number of vehicles we have on track at any given time to ensure a fun and safe experience for participants, including any amateur drivers who will be participating. We regret the confusion that was caused as we worked through these issues with our clients and look forward to providing a one-of-a-kind experience to auto enthusiasts coming to Circuit of The Americas through our track rental program.”
Old 12-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Thanks to everyone that helped straitening this out. Especially Mr Weaver.

Dear Mr Weaver

I am writing to express the heartfelt outrage that is shared by thousands of Motorsports fans many of whom have already signed up for the opportunity to drive on the new Circuit of the Americas track your firm is a principal in.

The track while seeking additional public funding just this past week is canceling contracts which have already been paid from private users who had scheduled a multitude of events for non professional drivers. It would seem that when seeking public funding and support the cancelation of income producing events would be frowned upon by the taxpayers.

Perhaps worst of all this was all done on the very eve of the Christmas weekend. *Many of our memebers nationally have already made travel plans, purchased airline tickets, booked local hotels and arranged transport for the cars to the track. *

While certainly there are many of us here in Texas excited about the opportunity, these events were drawing people from all over the country, and even a few from Canada and Mexico to Texas. The personal stories about the young doctor from WI who was so interested he and his wife sold one of their cars to purchase trailers to bring their race cars to the events would make great positive press, and now is wasted.

I am shocked and dismayed that after receiving, and depositing full payments, contracts would be canceled, this simply does not sound like the McCombs touch we are all so familure with. *The land where a handshake means more than a contract, seems gone replaced by what many of us feel is the grinch that stole Christmas.

How can an enterprise go out and argue it needs state funding when it is turning away millions of dollars annually in track fees. *And how damaging to the reputation of a new facility dependent on the good will of the local community on all but three days out of the year to cut off the very drivers that are supporting the track and are the future of the industry. *

I personally request that you look into this and see if the unfortunatly decision can be reversed before the damage is permanate, *the hopes of members of the Porsche Club, the BMW club, SCCA, and private sports car enthusiast thought the nation are in your hands.

I await the favor of your reply,
Old 12-22-2012, 08:34 PM
CKit
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 13 Posts

No, thanks to YOU! I want to buy you a beer in Austin!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:36 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

GOOD NEWS!!!!! stay tune

Thanks to all of you that gave COTA an ear full. Public pressure totally works and I certainly did my share
Old 12-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Local news: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/a...private-events
Old 12-22-2012, 10:53 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

what are the four events that were reinstated?
1) MVP
2) Drivers Edge
3) ?
4) ?
Old 12-22-2012, 10:58 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
1) MVP
2) Drivers Edge
3) ?
4) ?
SCCA had a Double majors race and BMW had a club/DE Those are 2 possibilities.

Peter
Old 12-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

There was also a ridesmart motorcycle event that got cancelled. That might be on the list
Old 12-23-2012, 12:40 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
1) MVP
2) Drivers Edge
3) ?
4) ?
The events that had a contract and paid COTA for the track fee are the only ones that got reinstated from the way I heard it and read it.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:22 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

BMW had sent in its contract with full payment for a June date so it's likely one of the events.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:00 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 191 Posts

U should really boycott this track now. As an org or as an enthusiast why did Cota did what they did with rescinding contracts in the 1st place? Cota ****ted on u and u still want to go? Mike
Old 12-23-2012, 09:05 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

the track did not **** on anyone. some jerk at COTA did. that jerk is probably in a lot of hot water now. maybe in jeopardy of losing their job even...
track is going to still be there.
I am not going to let some jerk get in the way of me driving on that track.

Quick Reply: COTA cancelling track rentals???