Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 GT2/GT3 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum-141/)
-   -   2010 GT3 CL recall, a NEW recall (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/730166-2010-gt3-cl-recall-a-new-recall.html)

onefastviking 12-05-2012 08:36 PM

2010 GT3 CL recall, a NEW recall

Soon to be announced by Porsche, a new CL recall that will give 510 of you 2010 GT3 owners new wheel brgs and hubs, along with a new maintenance schedule.
It's currently set up only as a Preliminary notification so don't jump to call your dealer and expect them to have parts or even know much about it.
But you will be notified soon if it applies to your 2010 GT3.

onefastviking 12-05-2012 08:37 PM

FYI - Officially it will be called "AC-05 Recall Campaign"

jenk12m 12-05-2012 08:42 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Is this for all the GT cars

Dr.Bill 12-05-2012 08:51 PM

I hope they get this all sorted out before the 991 variants with center lock wheels. . . :banghead:

mdrums 12-05-2012 08:54 PM

Just GT3?..... or RS, Turbo/Turbo S, GTS with Center Locks?

sstjohn 12-05-2012 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by onefastviking (Post 10050641)
Soon to be announced by Porsche, a new CL recall that will give 510 of you 2010 GT3 owners new wheel brgs and hubs, along with a new maintenance schedule.
It's currently set up only as a Preliminary notification so don't jump to call your dealer and expect them to have parts or even know much about it.
But you will be notified soon if it applies to your 2010 GT3.

Why would it apply to only some 2010 GT3 cars and not others?

onefastviking 12-05-2012 09:01 PM

The document I have from Porsche says it will effect a total of 510 model year 2010 GT3 (997) vehicles. It does not specify RS or no RS.
It is an internal Porsche document and as such doesn't have much info or details in it other than that. I can scan and post here.

DC640 12-05-2012 09:03 PM

I wonder if you have aftermarket wheels, they would say something...

Veloce Raptor 12-05-2012 09:05 PM

And these geniuses in Stuttgart are gonna put that center lock crap on the 991's too.

Morons.

jenk12m 12-05-2012 09:14 PM

i think theres a majority that feels the same way as you dave

onefastviking 12-05-2012 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by sstjohn (Post 10050713)
Why would it apply to only some 2010 GT3 cars and not others?

Just speculating but it could be something they found with a parts supplier issue, there could have been some design change done in production, they may even extend it to additional models at a later date. But for now, this is what it is.

gstahl 12-05-2012 09:36 PM

I have been working with Porsche for 6 months after my failure with no luck, effectively they told me you were on a track so pound sand (this is a 2010 GT3). Should be interesting to see how this all plays out. Are they going to recall the 3 non-failed center locks and have me buy the parts for the failed one or maybe they will shear the new one to make it match what is on the car now. ;-)

BTW, the best I could get out of Porsche was the senior customer care person and a form letter, I got the FTM's name but they would not allow me to speak/communicate with him after requesting it several times.

Needless to say my faith in Porsche to do the right thing is pretty low mainly because of months of run around and just plain poor customer support (everyone I spoke could never do anything to resolve any issue they simply restated a company line and they effectively refused to make anyone who could make a decision available or have any meaningful discussion).... and now they seem to recalling the exact part which failed. Go figure.

onefastviking 12-05-2012 09:36 PM

PorscheCLDoc.

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the info I have so far.

onefastviking 12-05-2012 09:40 PM

I would speculate that this recall may change some things for you. They do have the standard disclaimers regarding being driven on track in their warranty info though so who know's.

Porsche is the best car company I have seen in dealing with matters outside of the normal, ie: racing, track driving, out of warranty repairs, etc etc. Stick with them but be nice and polite about it.

Originally Posted by gstahl (Post 10050803)
I have been working with Porsche for 6 months after my failure with no luck, effectively they told me you were on a track so pound sand (this is a 2010 GT3). Should be interesting to see how this all plays out. Are they going to recall the 3 non-failed center locks and have me buy the parts for the failed one or maybe they will shear the new one to make it match what is on the car now. ;-)

BTW, the best I could get out of Porsche was the senior customer care person and a form letter, I got the FTM's name but they would not allow me to speak/communicate with him after requesting it several times.

Needless to say my faith in Porsche to do the right thing is pretty low mainly because of months of run around and just plain poor customer support (everyone I spoke could never do anything to resolve any issue they simply restated a company line and they effectively refused to make anyone who could make a decision available or have any meaningful discussion).... and now they seem to recalling the exact part which failed. Go figure.

911SLOW 12-05-2012 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor (Post 10050735)
And these geniuses in Stuttgart are gonna put that center lock crap on the 991's too.

Morons.

Thanks Viking. (And the unnamed Rennlsters that provided this information earlier today)

Out of habit, I rarely agree with anyone, but I have to , just have to agree with VR on this one. :D