Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Trackrat High-Desert Invitational DE/TT Oct 26-28 Registration is Open.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 05:51 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Horstair
Nice to hear you root for this "epic" event BUT are you signed up DJN? I don't see you on the reg list...:-( When Savyboy opened this event two months ago, he had about 30 "wannabe's" on RL but when you look at MotorSportsReg list, he's got 6 (SIX) plus me and himself sign-ups. What's up? People just slow? I might have to bow out because of an injury but this doesn't look too good so far... besides I'm the only "wimp" in HPDE anyway...
It's two months away. Most will sign up in last couple weeks before event. I will be there even if there are only 6 cars but highly unlikely
Old 08-12-2012, 02:25 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

I'll b there too.
just hanging out would b cool.
kids will be towed there.
savy is gonna get a big birthday cake. chocolate is preferred. Mia's birthday.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:08 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

Nice to hear you root for this "epic" event BUT are you signed up DJN? I don't see you on the reg list...:-( When Savyboy opened this event two months ago, he had about 30 "wannabe's" on RL but when you look at MotorSportsReg list, he's got 6 (SIX) plus me and himself sign-ups. What's up? People just slow? I might have to bow out because of an injury but this doesn't look too good so far... besides I'm the only "wimp" in HPDE anyway...
Everyone is always last minute for registration. It's tough for organizers as they commit to making things happen. Pete's taken on the financial risk and time commitment for trying to make an RL event for us. Thanks again Pete.

I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to make it, but I registered as a sign of respect to Pete for all his efforts for coordination! I hope others will follow suit!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:28 AM
DJN
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Oh my, don't get you panties in a knot, hotel was booked this past week and I promise I will get my registration done this coming week to make you happy. It has been a busy month at work.

Also, I'll be joining you in HPDE with RE-11 street tires , so get ready to give me a point by (if you see me!). Keep an eye out for the GT Silver GT3 997.2 with the 5 lug (D-Lug) conversion

I look forward to meeting everyone there, the whole weekend is going to be a blast! Thanks SAVY!

Cheers!
Doug N.

Last edited by DJN; 08-12-2012 at 03:44 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:51 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Interesting new avatar you've got there, Savy. Gonna have a shiny new toy to play with for this event?
Old 08-12-2012, 10:07 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the support guys!

Fence-sitters: for the RFR Trackrat Event you should expect high temps in the high 60's-low 70's and historically a zero percent chance of rain. High-desert+Global Warming=Perfect time of year to enjoy the company of your friends in the paddock and on the track.

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Interesting new avatar you've got there, Savy. Gonna have a shiny new toy to play with for this event?
What kind of track-crack addicted moron would buy something like that? One seat, no cup holders, not US street legal, English made, you'd have to be mental, er...crazy. Just a pretty avatar. Like the kid with the poster on the bedroom wall.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Bill Hetzel
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Thanks for the support guys!

Fence-sitters: for the RFR Trackrat Event you should expect high temps in the high 60's-low 70's and historically a zero percent chance of rain. High-desert+Global Warming=Perfect time of year to enjoy the company of your friends in the paddock and on the track.
And wild horses on the track in turn 22.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:07 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy

What kind of track-crack addicted moron would buy something like that? One seat, no cup holders, not US street legal, English made, you'd have to be mental, er...crazy. Just a pretty avatar. Like the kid with the poster on the bedroom wall.
Sure..

A new picture as you avatar within a week of The BAC Mono is a carbon-bodied piece of sculpture with the innards of a Formula 3 car: 540kg, 280hp. The handling is astonishing, in the wet.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:12 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Available in the US now. http://us.bac-mono.com/config.php
Old 08-12-2012, 11:48 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Want!!!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:35 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJN
Come to the Trakrat Event to find out.....at the very least savyboy will be wringing out his 4.0RS....it's sweet sound down that long pit lane straight will be well worth the price of admission.

See you there lads!
Doug N.
Already signed up. If the lady goes to Montreal to visit her friends that weekend as she plans to. I might to change my sign up from 1 day to 3 day Here is for hoping she is one for the whole weekend- leaving thursday

Enrique
Old 08-13-2012, 08:33 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Already signed up. If the lady goes to Montreal to visit her friends that weekend as she plans to. I might to change my sign up from 1 day to 3 day Here is for hoping she is one for the whole weekend- leaving thursday

Enrique
get another set of wheels ready. you are going to stay for 3 days!
Old 08-17-2012, 02:39 PM
c6r2006
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
I already signed up for 3 days....but If I can't make do to family health issues, I'm not expecting refund...I totally support Pete
Old 08-17-2012, 04:01 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
Crossing fingers on that. I have a few sets of P slicks that I will be bringing and pads just in case i can sneak a longer out .
Old 08-17-2012, 04:45 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by c6r2006
I already signed up for 3 days....but If I can't make do to family health issues, I'm not expecting refund...I totally support Pete
Gordon, your Z06 look crazy good with the new CCW ... it's in my garage now

I am sure Pete appreciate your support. Make sure everyone is healthy so you can come

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Crossing fingers on that. I have a few sets of P slicks that I will be bringing and pads just in case i can sneak a longer out .
bring extra shoe and pads ... I will

Quick Reply: Trackrat High-Desert Invitational DE/TT Oct 26-28 Registration is Open.