Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Feeler for best 3.8 RS in US. Aqua/Gold

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friends that love concours. I personally will never understand it. To each their own, just a matter of opinion. Whomever buys this car should thank you profusely for saving it for them!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:59 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I got my first set of spare OEM rotors from you, they were not up to show quality :-)
That's true Peter, and I feel terrible about that. Please return them for a full refund, in the same condition of course!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Sometimes you buy the seller, sometimes you buy the car, rarely do you get offered one car that is both...Blue is the color to have.
right on!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

What's wrong with that?
Not sure I understand the question. I don't think there's anything wrong with the trade.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:09 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Exactly.

I'm only on my 3rd GT3 in 4 years and Mooty continues to outpace everyone.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:27 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Wow. Absolutely wow.

I check is site 1-2 x a day, always kind of hoping to see a blue car for sale.

I see this this morning, and it already has 3 pages.

Then I start to read getting my hopes up for a deal, only to find out that the very first post after the for sale announcement is a serious buyer. 5 minutes after post!

I'm a little jealous- but best wishes to both buyer and seller --- car is gorgeous!

Ps - what price did it settle?
Old 06-11-2012, 11:47 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

The car hasn't sold, although I am pretty amazed at the interest (and offers!) already. It hasn't even been 24hrs yet...all I was hoping for was to make some contacts in case I had to do something in a hurry and this didn't sell:
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...ml#post9602731

If the offers are for real I may have to reconsider, I did not expect this level of interest! The offers are approaching my investment and it will be a no-brainer at that point...Maybe I didn't overspend after all.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

GLWS Cole! I'm still enjoying the T-shirt that you sent me.

Just don't sell to anyone here in Vancouver as I want to stay exclusive.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:37 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Agree - -demand is crazy right now - - -makes me think I should put out a feeler for my 458 lol.

Originally Posted by cscrogham
The car hasn't sold, although I am pretty amazed at the interest (and offers!) already. It hasn't even been 24hrs yet...all I was hoping for was to make some contacts in case I had to do something in a hurry and this didn't sell:
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...ml#post9602731

If the offers are for real I may have to reconsider, I did not expect this level of interest! The offers are approaching my investment and it will be a no-brainer at that point...Maybe I didn't overspend after all.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:03 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by cscrogham
I suppose there are as many intricacies re: Concours as there are in winning a pro race...although people on either side have a hard time understanding the other.
I looked back and the score was actually 299.3 if that makes you feel any better . When it comes down to a "perfect" car for a high level Concours, it has to be perfectly clean for starters...but even more than that, the exhaust has to have a uniform and unblemished finish (not polished though) that stays that way throughout the re-assembly and judging, the brakes have to be perfect esp since they are so large and obvious (no marks on the rotors, perfect paint), nothing can be rusted (ever looked at the steel plates spacing the alternator internals, or the exhaust fasteners?)...I could go on and on.
Granted, this sounds like the height of silliness to a track guy. Just as crazy as buying a cage and bolting it in a new RS sounds to a Concours guy! They just have different rules to play by and you have to understand and work with them. A new car has some advantages, esp the exterior and interior but you still have issues to address there. Not quite as many hours as an older car restoration but I've done OK with those too. It is just a different world.
Since the Olympics are coming up, think sort track speed skating vs. the judged, artistic version of skating...winning either one takes a lot of effort even though they are not even close to the same thing. Ihope that helps answer your question.
Thanks. that is what i was wondering. Since the car is so new it is already 100% original parts which is why i was curious as to what more one could do especially given the miles and still having warranty, but as you said the condition/clean factor come into play on judging a newer model which takes time and detail. Wear and tear stuff. Again, very impressive!
Interesting, as I too have had simular experience but in judging a 1963 Corvette to top flite status. I never thought of judging such a new model car before reading your post, but alas, as you described it indeed takes alot of work to make it look showroom again. Kudos!

FWIW: european and early production 997.1RS cars came with bolt in roll cages, shroth harnesses and Fire bottles from the factory. Some of these early bodies leaked into North American showrooms thus allowing customers to order the factory bolt in cages from europe to finish the car just as the euro model left the factory. No cutting, no welding. Concours

I was lucky enough to find such an example that actually showed up to america with the shroth harnesses and fire bottle already in the trunk from the factory! Just needed the cage from porsche germany to complete the package which i did.

I wanted such an example so that I too could remain factory correct without altering the car because you never know, someday, someone (or myself) may wish to have RS #2356 restored and judged.....

I too enjoy the preservation of factory race cars and low production street cars.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:57 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Exactly.

I'm only on my 3rd GT3 in 4 years and Mooty continues to outpace everyone.
hey, i have slowed down in my old age.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:20 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
buy them all back from canada, the hoarders!
we,re keeping them.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:12 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Default update

Several people have asked me what happened with the car...
Well, I had several nice offers, one particularly nice offer that was nearly my investment. I thought long and hard about it, decided to make a deal and then the offer went away.
Maybe for the best, I am just going to hang on for a while. Thanks again for all the well wishes.
Cole
Old 06-18-2012, 03:15 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds great, Cole!

Sounds like a solid decision.. and I'm sure when the time comes to put her up for sale again, you'll get matched with the right buyer.

Quick Reply: Feeler for best 3.8 RS in US. Aqua/Gold