Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Two wheeled GT3 RS? (PIC HEAVY & NSFW)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 AM
f3nr15
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two wheeled GT3 RS? (PIC HEAVY & NSFW)

Gee, this might be a nice stable mate for someone.

Currently on eBay Germany...

http://cgi.ebay.de/iws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251070232106

Old 05-25-2012, 09:51 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Very nice concept and analogy with the bike.
Better yet really like pics #19 and 26. Nice view of the "coefficient of drag"

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 05-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a Harley where Porsche did the engine, the V-Rod, which I guess this could be underneath.
This thing is a swing and a miss.
Aside from the ludicrous photography, the problem being this is not a performance bike, so the bike doesn't match the car or resemble it in any way -- may as well stitch and airbrush Porsche logos on a lawn mower.
Anyway, the gray paint doesn't match the Porsche, the car they used doesn't have ceramic rotors (yellow calipers) but the bike has steel rotors and yellow calipers ... it's just a laundry list of "you didn't think this through" blunders.
And thumbs down for depicting photo models like trash.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:19 AM
speedyralph
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

No thanks....
Old 05-25-2012, 01:30 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Carrera GT seems like you're taking it a bit to serious and technical.
To me it's a gimick and usual advertizing stuff.
I still like the rear view. It's like a nice diffuser.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 05-25-2012, 02:12 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

remember, the germans also like David Hasselhoff...
Old 05-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RSRanger
Carrera GT seems like you're taking it a bit to serious and technical.
To me it's a gimick and usual advertizing stuff.
I still like the rear view. It's like a nice diffuser.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Probably so. I'm not criticizing the craftsmanship or design work, it's just a bit "uninformed" you might say. And I have no patience for the way the younger generations continue bad social tendencies to objectify women -- nothing good comes of it. Of course, that could just be the bad taste of the photog or a misguided attempt to appeal to a perceived buyer demographic, and the guy that built the bike might cringe at the sight of it.

Then again, Ducati just got bought by bloody VW ... so maybe I'm feeling a little embattled in the garage lately ... the two manufacturers I really cared about, Porsche and Ducati, gone. Just look how quickly VW screwed up Porsche. Heaven help Ducati -- the bikes and their race team.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:57 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

ghey....

it would be like having a "harley davidson edition" graphic on a GT3RS......

i dont like to mix my bikes with cars....
Old 05-26-2012, 04:01 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 19 Posts

Agree on bike tackiness, but as Butt-Head once sagaciously observed, "***** are cool".
Old 05-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Please people don't make me mention the dude who painted his 88 Honda Accord Black with an Orange Stripe running the bottom length of the car on both sides. There is also "GT3RS" oranges letters on the side too. Haven't seen him in awhile.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
remember, the germans also like David Hasselhoff...
@ PJS996GT3

not me - or only when he is drunk
Old 05-29-2012, 09:19 AM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Probably so. I'm not criticizing the craftsmanship or design work, it's just a bit "uninformed" you might say. And I have no patience for the way the younger generations continue bad social tendencies to objectify women -- nothing good comes of it. Of course, that could just be the bad taste of the photog or a misguided attempt to appeal to a perceived buyer demographic, and the guy that built the bike might cringe at the sight of it.

Then again, Ducati just got bought by bloody VW ... so maybe I'm feeling a little embattled in the garage lately ... the two manufacturers I really cared about, Porsche and Ducati, gone. Just look how quickly VW screwed up Porsche. Heaven help Ducati -- the bikes and their race team.
Who is more wrong? The men that objectify women? Or the women that take pride and pleasure in having themselves objectified?

One could argue that the women seeking this kind of attention are the cause of the moral demise of the "younger generations." Or is society to blame? Where the rich, older generations sit back and sell kids on behavior like this, while collecting large sums of money as owners and executives of film, music, and advertising companies??
Old 05-29-2012, 02:16 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by kk2
Who is more wrong? The men that objectify women? Or the women that take pride and pleasure in having themselves objectified?

One could argue that the women seeking this kind of attention are the cause of the moral demise of the "younger generations." Or is society to blame? Where the rich, older generations sit back and sell kids on behavior like this, while collecting large sums of money as owners and executives of film, music, and advertising companies??
+1........
Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kk2
You've stumbled onto a clever pun. Indeed later years of the GT3 RS were fitted with a canard front wing and this spurious argument of photography models working by choice in the shallow end of the sex industry is also called a canard.

Try convincing a group of responsible parents that their children should consider this line of work as a safe, healthy and happy life.

Originally Posted by kk2
One could argue that the women seeking this kind of attention are the cause of the moral demise of the "younger generations." Or is society to blame? Where the rich, older generations sit back and sell kids on behavior like this, while collecting large sums of money as owners and executives
of film, music, and advertising companies??
That's a rather tangled argument and here is not the place to unravel it. If I'm going to ask fellow Rennlisters to indulge me in an off-topic debate, I'll choose a topic like banking corruption and political campaign finance, not to point a moral finger at the entertainment industry or any given society for its consumption of sex and drugs and rock and roll.

Last edited by Carrera GT; 05-30-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Two wheeled GT3 RS? (PIC HEAVY & NSFW)