Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

** GT3 CALIPER STUD KITS - PMNA **

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 12:33 PM
Asquared
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a random question. What size is the nut for the rear studs?

I installed the studs a while back and I need to change my rear pads this weekend. I forgot what size socket I need, but I do recall that my normal sockets have walls that are too thick to work so I need to buy a new one, but I only want to buy the one socket I need.

If it matters, the car is a 997.1 RS with steel brakes.

I think I found the answer here, which is 15 mm.

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:44 PM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

on several of our cars, the lug nuts/bolts are too recessed to allow the usual stout, thick walled impact sockets, so I was eventually able to locate some 6 point thin wall sockets, but don't use an impact driver on them. I do use them in a drill but bring them up to torque slowly by hand.

all the best...
Old 05-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Asquared
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by NAM VET
on several of our cars, the lug nuts/bolts are too recessed to allow the usual stout, thick walled impact sockets, so I was eventually able to locate some 6 point thin wall sockets, but don't use an impact driver on them. I do use them in a drill but bring them up to torque slowly by hand.

all the best...
Thanks. My biggest challenge is one of the studs is slightly off true (I inserted a timesert by hand when I stripped the threads in the upright). It wasn't an issue when I was using the caliper bolts, but it makes a challenge to get the caliper on the studs.

Quick Reply: ** GT3 CALIPER STUD KITS - PMNA **