Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.1 GT3 cage/luggage and seat comfort question

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 07:11 AM
AdvocatusD
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.1 GT3 cage/luggage and seat comfort question

Does anyone have some photographs or unusual tips on how to make the most use of the luggage space in the back if the car has a roll cage? I'd love to see the most someone has managed to squeeze in there!

I am heading off on a drive to Italy with my wife in the car, and as a result I fear the minimal space in the boot will not be nearly enough!

The car has bucket seats, and I haven't spent many, many hours in them every day for a couple of weeks, so was wondering if anyone else had? I was considering one of these.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165627

Anyone else tried something else similar that definitely fits with the car?

General 997.1 GT3 touring tips welcome too!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Soft duffle bags, wrinkle free clothing and no big boxy shapes. If you stick to that you can fit a surprising amount of crap in the back.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:45 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

What nick said. small soft bags. Although when I had my cab with a roll bar it was pretty easy. Top down, load behind the bar, then put the top back up. It's way more challenging with a fixed roof.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:10 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Porsche "his & hers" hard luggage up front in the boot and soft luggage behind the seat.
You can also fit small wheelie luggage behind the roll bar. (airline cabin size luggage) You enter threw the roll bar and then let it sit in the rear seat bucket. To extract it you simply grab the handle and pull it out with a twist of the arm and pull it threw the hoop of the bar and vola', you got your luggage. You will need a little muscle to take it in and out but will suffice just fine and it is secure.

You need the regular seats or Gt2 seats that tilt forward however.
Carrera GT seat will not grant you access to rear roll bar area

Gt2 seats are fine for long road trips. Just dont count on your passenger reclining to sleep.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:44 AM
AdvocatusD
AutoX

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
You need the regular seats or Gt2 seats that tilt forward however. Carrera GT seat will not grant you access to rear roll bar area
I suspect that's going to be the most restrictive bit. They're regular buckets and being a 997.1, they're pre GT2.

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Gt2 seats are fine for long road trips. Just dont count on your passenger reclining to sleep.
I am going to experiment with some sort of seat cushion. Will let you know how that goes!

Quick Reply: 997.1 GT3 cage/luggage and seat comfort question