Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Any 4.0's for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 12:07 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
Heims, rake, big fatty fronts, and Ohlins w/456 tenders and 1313 mains on the rear. We'll run out of brake before we run out of pointy front end!
I can't wait to see that GT2 at RA. Been at that track and have never seen one there. It must be crazy fast!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:26 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
There is one Turbo engine in a Production car that I like a lot.

It is a Ricardo V8 3.8, super lightweight, 8,500rpm redline and Twin Turbocharged.
The name sound italian. If it's italian I already don't like it, as it will fall apart.
The only good thing that comes from the BOOT is the food and wine.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's talking about the McLaren. Jointly developed by McLaren and Ricardo, but I believe badged as a McLaren and assembled in Woking. Jury still out on durability but the design looks fantastic.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:50 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

He's talking about the McLaren. Jointly developed by McLaren and Ricardo, but I believe badged as a McLaren and assembled in Woking. Jury still out on durability but the design looks fantastic.
Which originally started as a race engine project between Nissan and Ricardo, that Nissan later abandoned. Similar to the story on the Carrera GT V10, that's
the foundation for a great car.

Now, if only Ron Dennis could make a lightweight version of the MP4-12C, put a real diff, some fixed Aero, and remote the electronic gizmos, that could be tempting.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:06 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

MP4-12C needs to sound better. If we're strictly speaking engine, I noticed turbo lag (maybe I was looking for it), but a lot less than my '07 997 TT. Probably due to extra cylinders and larger displacement. My preference has been NA ever since my 996 GT3 and reaffirmed after my '07 997 TT.

MP4-12C was a numb drive for me, not passion inspiring, but the interior and attention to detail on the interior FAR exceeded my expectations. 458 Italia > MP4-12C with some pricey options for me. I'm not a Fiat fan, but the 458 usability, track performance (though short), forgiveness at its limits, and driver connectivity warmed me up to the Fiat.

Going to add -> Carrera GT V10 is THE BEST engine I have had a chance to drive. I've put over 1K miles on it and they were my most memorable ever. Too bad I never had a chance to put R-comps on the car. The PS2's were insufficient on the track. I can still hear the V10 howl and the loud, gear-turning idle as I close my eyes. Everything was perfect for me. The perfect driving experience.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Larryf
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

I believe we should nominate this thread for "thread drift of the month"

Topic started: how many 4.0's for sale drifting to

My scud, my muscle collection, Rad calling out various people on times, 2rs vs various other cars, Rad talking various topics on weight,boost etc, exhaust sound, engines and now MP4-12C....

I have to say its been great reading, if this was Fchat; thread would have been locked about the time Rad threw down the lap time gauntlet!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:37 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

We keep him around.
One in a while he spews some really good data and advice.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:41 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Larryf
I believe we should nominate this thread for "thread drift of the month"

Topic started: how many 4.0's for sale drifting to

My scud, my muscle collection, Rad calling out various people on times, 2rs vs various other cars, Rad talking various topics on weight,boost etc, exhaust sound, engines and now MP4-12C....

I have to say its been great reading, if this was Fchat; thread would have been locked about the time Rad threw down the lap time gauntlet!
+1
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 748 Posts

Heims, rake, big fatty fronts, and Ohlins w/456 tenders and 1313 mains on the rear. We'll run out of brake before we run out of pointy front end!
Oh my. Shiver me timbers, that sounds delicious! I guess I had better buy a full pack...

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
The name sound italian. If it's italian I already don't like it, as it will fall apart.
The only good thing that comes from the BOOT is the food and wine.
Bwhahahaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:04 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
We keep him around.
One in a while he spews some really good data and advice.
Rad's a good guy....makes it fun around here.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:06 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Rad,
Very peculiar sense of humor. Funny as hell, what most people don't get it is that most of us here are friends outside the forum, so when we see Rad trolling around here, we should give him a break.
Actually I've been supporting his recovery program, and also attending some of the therapy sessions, so it's very important that we don't deviate his thoughts very much, doctor and also the help group asked me to keep supporting, as the reality could be devastating for a Ferrari owner.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:08 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

My thoughts and prayers go out to Rad and his Fiat family.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:38 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
I like Rad,
Very peculiar sense of humor. Funny as hell, what most people don't get it is that most of us here are friends outside the forum, so when we see Rad trolling around here, we should give him a break.
Actually I've been supporting his recovery program, and also attending some of the therapy sessions, so it's very important that we don't deviate his thoughts very much, doctor and also the help group asked me to keep supporting, as the reality could be devastating for a Ferrari owner.
Yes, his therapy his helping, just very slowly. We are here tolend support.

Plus, as he already admitted it is only a matter of time before he replaces his coxter with some variety of aero beetle and removes the duct tape when he relegates the Fiat to valet parking where in reality it belongs.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:00 PM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Yes, his therapy his helping, just very slowly. We are here tolend support.

Plus, as he already admitted it is only a matter of time before he replaces his coxter with some variety of aero beetle and removes the duct tape when he relegates the Fiat to valet parking where in reality it belongs.
As an outside observer, I would hazard to say that he is ALREADY an "aero beetle" driver, but merely in denial. Why else would he be on this forum?
Old 05-04-2012, 01:09 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

He sold his stripper 996GT3 and his 997.1RS (Orange!) and never recovered from the loss..

Quick Reply: Any 4.0's for sale?