Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 GT2/GT3 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum-141/)
-   -   Autocrossnumbers.com - WTF? (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/688359-autocrossnumbers-com-wtf.html)

drl 03-28-2012 01:55 AM

Autocrossnumbers.com - WTF?

I ordered decals from Blair at autocrossnumbers.com several weeks ago. I ordered 2 sets, so should have been 4 vinyl decals in all. Each set is $50, I was charged $100 but only received two decals.

Over the last month I have left either emails or voicemails, or both, just about every week, asking when I would be receiving the other decals. Not once has he gotten back to me, either by phone or email. I keep sending emails and never a reply. Then I started leaving voice mail messages and never got a call back. One time he actually answered the phone when I called and I was enthusiastically told the second set would be shipping in just a day or two. That was about two weeks ago. Since then I have left more emails and more voicemails....no response.

In my messages I even reiterated that I do not desperately need the numbers right away, but that I would just like to know that his complete communication failure is due to some other circumstances, and not just poor business practice. Still nothing from this guy.

So I guess my question is - anyone out there with a similar experience? Anybody know how to effectively reach out to this guy? Yes, it is only $50 we are talking about here, but still bugs me.

NJ-GT 03-28-2012 02:36 AM

I use soloperformance.com, great quality, good timing, reliable. I have used them many times.

Never heard from autocrossnumbers.com, but your experience is not good at all.

Carrera GT 03-28-2012 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by drl (Post 9398310)
I ordered decals from Blair at autocrossnumbers.com several weeks ago. I ordered 2 sets, so should have been 4 vinyl decals in all. Each set is $50, I was charged $100 but only received two decals.

Over the last month I have left either emails or voicemails, or both, just about every week, asking when I would be receiving the other decals. Not once has he gotten back to me, either by phone or email. I keep sending emails and never a reply. Then I started leaving voice mail messages and never got a call back. One time he actually answered the phone when I called and I was enthusiastically told the second set would be shipping in just a day or two. That was about two weeks ago. Since then I have left more emails and more voicemails....no response.

In my messages I even reiterated that I do not desperately need the numbers right away, but that I would just like to know that his complete communication failure is due to some other circumstances, and not just poor business practice. Still nothing from this guy.

So I guess my question is - anyone out there with a similar experience? Anybody know how to effectively reach out to this guy? Yes, it is only $50 we are talking about here, but still bugs me.

In 2010, I ordered a set of numbers. Not bad, nice design, good work. He promised a "roller" to apply the stickers, but it wasn't included and I didn't bother to pick that nit. Others ordered similar numbers on my recommendation and I heard no following complaints. I tried to order a replacement set in 2010 but received no reply after a couple of emails sent. I assumed he was out of business and stopped recommending the business

aero997c2s 03-28-2012 10:20 AM

Try race day vinyl Next time. Great customer service, have ordered there multiple times and received extras with no charge just because "it would have been a waste of material" not affiliated in any way.

obsessedone 03-28-2012 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by NJ-GT (Post 9398350)
I use soloperformance.com, great quality, good timing, reliable. I have used them many times.

Never heard from autocrossnumbers.com, but your experience is not good at all.

+1 soloperformance, removable numbers last 1-2 seasons

lopro 03-28-2012 03:37 PM

someone had mentioned he was using magnetic numbers

vinal sticker cut and stuck on a thin sign magnet - removable and reusable numerous times

Does anyone use this style of track numbers?

NJ-GT 03-28-2012 04:16 PM

Magnetic numbers only work on the 996 GT3 doors, rear fenders all GT2/GT3, front fenders except 4.0RS and GT2RS.

obsessedone 03-28-2012 05:16 PM

The magnetic numbers as mentioned above don't work on all body panels and often need tape on leading edges to keep them in place even on steel surfaces.

The numbers with reusable adhesive work anywhere and don't need tape on leading edges, these numbers are thicker than regular vinyl numbers so easy to apply and remove for track days.

http://www.soloperformance.com/Solot...r-_p_1394.html

996FLT6 03-28-2012 06:05 PM

Those reusable vinyl numbers are awesome. Easy to remove and apply. Solotime is a great vendor. Mike

kaamacat 03-28-2012 08:09 PM

I've been using a nice set of full size numbers, landscape mode, on 8.5 x 11 paper, red w/black outline, then take it to OfficeMax for lamination. Fits great on the rear window with some blue painters tape. Has yet to come off and never had a complaint the spotters could see.

zumaron 03-28-2012 11:29 PM

Had same experience with autocrossnumbers.com. After several weeks, I was told my order was on hold due the font I chose would result in a 3ft long placard. :-) Changed the font and finally received my order after multiple contact attempts in subsequent weeks. Upon checkout they do offer trackside delivery. :roflmao:

cannon1000 03-29-2012 12:21 AM

I got mine from them...same thing...after I verified my order was correct (both by email and phone) the order still showed a "waiting customer approval". I sent two more emails and a Voicemail...then they magically showed up (no reply on the request for information). Took about two months to get them.

drl 03-29-2012 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by zumaron (Post 9400951)
Had same experience with autocrossnumbers.com.

Interesting. I finally got a response, but it was after I had told him I posted on Rennlist inquiring about his customer service. The new decals have apparently shippped. I had no problem with the delay, and the product is nice - I just can't stand poor communication.

Protech226 08-21-2014 08:13 PM

This guy robbed me!!!!! Told me he would send something "next day priority mail". Package never came, and stops answering my calls and emails. I've left several messages. This is not the proper way to conduct business

Jamie_GT3 08-21-2014 08:18 PM

took my money as well, quite a while ago... chocked it up to guys taking advantage of the porsche crowd