I plan on being there..
For roebling? Excellent! it'll be good to see you again
Old 02-29-2012, 09:23 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Great!

We have to beat izzones 1:185.

Thats pbocflorida and also plan to do homestead April 14 15.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Great!

We have to beat izzones 1:185.

Thats pbocflorida and also plan to do homestead April 14 15.
Yes, me too. PBOC has hired me for all their events, to coach SuperSolo, Instructor, and Solo drivers.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:57 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Ah, perfect!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:43 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, I only said it like that due to the anniversary that weekend. We know who wears the pants...I think!! Hehe
Old 02-29-2012, 04:43 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not only do I wear them, she puts them on for me!

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Yes, me too. PBOC has hired me for all their events, to coach SuperSolo, Instructor, and Solo drivers.
And based on what we sae this weekend, they NEED it. I went back and watched the video and the instructor group would have qualified for a beginner group with some clubs it was so bad. I hope you can help them with that.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:39 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i too was very surprised at not only the speed of that group, but how bad they were with they're mirrors
Old 02-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
Not only do I wear them, she puts them on for me!

And based on what we sae this weekend, they NEED it. I went back and watched the video and the instructor group would have qualified for a beginner group with some clubs it was so bad. I hope you can help them with that.

ROFL!

Dez, in all frankness, I only had a couple of instructors seek my feedback all weekend. Some couldn't make the meetings due to having a student right after coming off the track, so they sought me out separately. But only about 2 or 3 instructors did. The Solo drivers who were part of the same run group, were sort of all over the map. A couple came to every post-session review meeting. One or two came to one because they were new to the track. But by and large, the turnout from that group was sparse. On the other hand, SuperSolo provided a very good turnout in 3 of the 4 post-session reviews.

Go figure.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I'd be all over that!!

Maybe get everyone on board as to where and what time, so we know?
I'm not a big fan of walking miles through the paddock..

How do you run the program, how do you help instructors?
I may sign up as instructor to be part of it, pending Supersolo assistant duties..
Old 02-29-2012, 10:08 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
ROFL!

Dez, in all frankness, I only had a couple of instructors seek my feedback all weekend. Some couldn't make the meetings due to having a student right after coming off the track, so they sought me out separately. But only about 2 or 3 instructors did. The Solo drivers who were part of the same run group, were sort of all over the map. A couple came to every post-session review meeting. One or two came to one because they were new to the track. But by and large, the turnout from that group was sparse. On the other hand, SuperSolo provided a very good turnout in 3 of the 4 post-session reviews.

Go figure.
I think Bob could have done a better job explaining who you are and your credentials. All he said was your name and that you would be there watching the sessions. For people who aren't familiar with you and who you work with that could lead them not to take you seriously.

Had I not been trying to hear every word that came out of Andrews mouth, I certainly would have been at every session too, even at my home track. Some people don't realize they are getting coaching thrown in for the price of admission.

Sadly, it was most of the ones that needed it. Some of those Viper drivers were HORRIBLE.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:10 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I hope I can make it to Roebling to help get this reorganized.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
I think Bob could have done a better job explaining who you are and your credentials. All he said was your name and that you would be there watching the sessions. For people who aren't familiar with you and who you work with that could lead them not to take you seriously.

Had I not been trying to hear every word that came out of Andrews mouth, I certainly would have been at every session too, even at my home track. Some people don't realize they are getting coaching thrown in for the price of admission.

Sadly, it was most of the ones that needed it. Some of those Viper drivers were HORRIBLE.
Agreed. The intro was non-existant (sp.?), which surprised me. However, it would have been very inappropriate for me to pipe up with Me Me Me blather, so I let it go. We will fix that going forward.

I am glad you were listening to every word Andrew said...which was why I told him my Saturday feedback on you

And....don't you know? The Viper drivers (God love 'em, and I know a bunch of them) don't believe they need any instruction or coaching unless it's from a "Viper guy". I kid you not.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I'd be all over that!!

Maybe get everyone on board as to where and what time, so we know?
I'm not a big fan of walking miles through the paddock..

How do you run the program, how do you help instructors?
I may sign up as instructor to be part of it, pending Supersolo assistant duties..
Well, I did tell all of them in the early morning meetings which of their sessions I would be observing from corners, and when/where I would conduct the post-session reviews to give them all my feedback. So they all knew. It's self-selecting, though: the folks who crave improvement came...

How it works is I go to a bunch of corners each session & furiously make notes on what I see each car number doing in that corner, good & not good. Then I tell those who come to the review sessions what I saw.

So you're gonna help run SuperSolo? Excellent! More customer service is better...
Old 02-29-2012, 10:29 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

They make me help for some reason, but not as much as mini Shuster, i mean Erik.

Quick Reply: Need help with tracks b/w Atl-Wisconsin