Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 10:58 PM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=997gt3north;9077503]
Originally Posted by silverboy
I thought so too.

I thought it was a no brainer to achieve some gains by eliminating the cats.

But the dyno proved me wrong.

Shame as the seen in the pics below - it looked pretty good.

Cheers

I have one question based on dyno experience with my gt3. Did you give your car enough time to adapt to the change? I say this because I myself posted some dyno results a few years ago when I trialed the FVD software and the Sharwerks rear delete exhaust. When I did did the exhaust and FVD software, the Car's computer quickly pulled the car into safer timing tables because it recognized 'something' had changed - the GT3 factory software has numerous timing tables to adjust for fuel type / temp / etc etc. After i ran the car for a few days - and specifically did a few WOT runs on the highway, when I re-dynoed the car, the car showed about a 5hp improvement - and no longer a 5 hp loss. When you look at the Factory A/F ratio it is spot on perfect for a NA engine - there are however timing tables that can be possibly further tweaked to benefit from higher Octane. I did my test on 94 Octane, and with the FVD software + Sharwerks rear exhaust + adaptation time = about 5hp at the wheels (that was my experience).

It is very possible your headers were not good, but no cats 'should' allow HP gains in the very high rpm range - but if the car is not above 6500 rpms all the time, the car may in fact be slower given the loss at the low end
Good point.

I ran the car for about 25 miles before the 'after cat delete' dyno.

I was thinking perhaps it should have adjusted by then.

Weird thing is I actually gained about 5 HP on lower revs. I was expecting otherwise.

Cheers
Old 12-07-2011, 08:35 PM
jbxea1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nizer
So does the Sport Header system pass emissions?
Mine passed inspection - no check engine lights or any other issues.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by jbxea1
Mine passed inspection - no check engine lights or any other issues.
Thanks for the user response.

Here's another dyno graph I found on different site. Looks a little more like what I'd expect in terms of power/torque improvements. +14hp
Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2011, 10:17 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Nizer, are you going to upgrade it now? I wish I could see a car with this upgrade live too, not sure if there are any in FL or anywhere near Central FL.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by senna
Nizer, are you going to upgrade it now? I wish I could see a car with this upgrade live too, not sure if there are any in FL or anywhere near Central FL.
None I know of.....never seen one at Sebring

Ar eyou in central florida?

I had mine dynoed with sharkwerks track, no ecu, stock headers
Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Thinking about it. Need to figure a few other things out first.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:01 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Thanks for the user response.

Here's another dyno graph I found on different site. Looks a little more like what I'd expect in terms of power/torque improvements. +14hp
this looks normal..
Old 12-07-2011, 11:39 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Izzone

Izzone, yep I am located in Tampa. I got my got less than a week ago. I got the Shark bypass, and it sounds amazing. But I am looking for the extra noise punch or something like the cup car.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:29 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Izzone, yep I am located in Tampa. I got my got less than a week ago. I got the Shark bypass, and it sounds amazing. But I am looking for the extra noise punch or something like the cup car.
Senna, I'm in Tampa too. Contact ViperBob on these forums...or if you want I can PM you his number. He works over at S&R Performance and they have a dyno. Bob is a good guy and a Porsche guy.

Love your car...hope to see it and meet you around Tampa soon. I'm going over to Sebring this Saturday afternoon to run on Sunday. If you're bored and want to follow over let me know. I plan on leaving around noon or so on Saturday.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:31 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Guys,

We have several clients that have our WC header system and in fact, we installed one at the track for a client in the FL area when we ran the 48 hours of Sebring PCA event this past Feb on Grady's GT3.

Grady Willingham, who I know runs quite a bit with PBOC down in the southeast, is a great guy so please feel free to ask him how he likes his GMG headers and muffler system.

There are many more as well and as always, you can email me for any specifics.

Regards,

James
GMG

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 12-08-2011, 12:37 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Regarding the respective dyno sheets and the varying gains you are seeing, well it's hard to compare different dynos with different factors/conditions when dyno'ing a specific car.

The first dyno from RUF was an independent run with our products on their dyno. We didn't even know they were doing it until they showed us the sheet and the client expressed a great level of satisfaction after he drove it for the first time.

For the most part, our clients with our GMG WC Headers and Center Section are seeing between 20-30 flywheel HP gains on average.

In fact, we just dyno'd a 2007 GT3 with our system and it gained close to 15 wheel HP (our dyno is very conservative) and matched that of the stock dyno run of a 2010 Red GT3 that we just got in the shop.

So 415 to 435 flywheel is about what we are seeing on the 997.1 systems and closer to a 30hp gain from the 3.8 systems when installed.

Look for more info from both of these cars on more posts in this sections.

Thanks,

James
GMG
Old 12-08-2011, 01:50 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by James-GMG
Guys,

We have several clients that have our WC header system and in fact, we installed one at the track for a client in the FL area when we ran the 48 hours of Sebring PCA event this past Feb on Grady's GT3.

Grady Willingham, who I know runs quite a bit with PBOC down in the southeast, is a great guy so please feel free to ask him how he likes his GMG headers and muffler system.

There are many more as well and as always, you can email me for any specifics.

Regards,

James
GMG
Well I can tell you that Grady's GT3 runs away from 997.2RS cars...flat out...especially at Daytona. Plus on top of that his car sounds absolutly perfect!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:04 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Shsrkwerks track is another option, that's what I have

I will replace headers and cats when thd time comes. My dealer said I need stock cats for now for waresnty
Old 12-08-2011, 08:35 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Shsrkwerks track is another option, that's what I have

I will replace headers and cats when thd time comes. My dealer said I need stock cats for now for waresnty
Same here...I was thinking about better headers and 200 cell cats...mine are like yours...headers/cats all built into 1.

2 local dealers told me and I confirmed with PCNA that if I do after market headers/cats.....Porsche will void the engine/powertrain warranty....especially if I tamper with the ECU.

So if you want to keep the warranty DO NOT use after markey headers/cats and DO NOT tamper with the ECU!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:57 AM
senna
Burning Brakes

MDRums, PM me sometime. I can't go this weekend. I am busy this weekend, so I can't go to Sebring, but thanks for the invite.

I want the Warranty, so I will keep my car as is.

Quick Reply: Anyone running GMG WC Sport Header?