Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

SF Bay Area Porsche Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 05:14 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts
Default SF Bay Area Porsche Service

My '10 DFI S had its HPFP replaced yesterday (Service Action WB08). The original pump had not exhibited a problem but PCNA decided it should be replaced. I suppose they made some internal changes to fix whatever could fail in the original design.

The work was done at Fletcher Jones (Porsche of Fremont). Even though I have two dealers much closer to me I drive to FJ because I have great confidence in the Service Department run by Gunter Feldmeier. Gunter and his team are very professional, courteous and fair cost-wise. They have been taking care of these cars for a long time and know them inside/out.

At least two members of this forum service their GT-series cars at FJ. Coincidentally, when i picked up my car this morning I saw a GT2RS being serviced there.

I have no financial interest in FJ but I highly recommend their service department. People who started servicing their cars there on my recommendation have thanked me for it. Try it, you'll like it!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:24 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto. I just had my 2010 GT3 serviced by Gunter (at Porsche of Fremont) on this Tuesday, and as always Gunter did an excellent job.

I too have no affiliation with Porsche of Fremont at all. The fact is that Gunter sets a great example of what a Porsche Service Manager should be -- I have been having Gunter to service all my Porsche cars for years, and everytime I drove twenty miles (passed other closer Porsche dealers, and fought heavy I880 traffic) to have Gunter serviced my Porsche cars. That says a lot.

With best regards,
Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Was Gunter with the old Porsche/Audi on Stevens Creek years ago? I think I had him work on a car of mine years ago, and was very impressed with the man.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,757 Likes on 2,359 Posts

gunter at FJ is great.
so is schefer at michael stead, i drove 60 miles to have them work on my cars while CARLSEN is 5 miles away from my house. that tells you something no?

scott, parts manager, at FJ is one of the best. matches just about everyone's prices.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,631 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Pete Smith if he is still at Rector is also v.good
Old 07-30-2011, 12:39 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,757 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Pete Smith if he is still at Rector is also v.good
YES, i forgot. he fixed my race car. installed a new ECU and programs it. they guy is top notch.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:20 PM
irysfan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by axhoaxho
Ditto. I just had my 2010 GT3 serviced by Gunter (at Porsche of Fremont) on this Tuesday, and as always Gunter did an excellent job.
With best regards,
I second that. I've been there 3 times for service and warranty repairs. Gunter & Rick did a great job. Highly recommended. They definitely stood out in comparison to other dealers I've been to when I was shopping for a good dealership to service my GT3. They delivered what Porsche service should be.

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area Porsche Service