Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 GT2/GT3 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum-141/)
-   -   PBOC / PCA Sebring, January 2012 (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/645798-pboc-pca-sebring-january-2012-a.html)

Izzone 07-22-2011 09:53 PM

PBOC / PCA Sebring, January 2012

Now that manication II is over it is time to plan for a RL get together

In January there is a four day event at Sebring put on by PBOC

Since most of you have your cars parked in January, it is time to start planning for your trip to Florida

Let's get some attendance together

Some things to look forward to:

1. Beer
2. Cigars
3. Trakcar and I 1/8 th mile drag racing, x5 diesel vs dodge Cummings
4. Rads Ferarri vs pan turbo, 1/8 th mile
5. Unlimited blocking of any orange rs on track
6. More beer

If your excuse is it's too far, contact me or Trakcar. Ship your car to Florida we will handle/put together a logistal package to get your car to Sebring, with track support.

FFaust.....we came to Canada, your turn
Savvy.....well you have no excuse

To the boys on the opposite side of the equator, I will work on rental details for you

savyboy 07-22-2011 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Izzone (Post 8735036)
Now that manication II is over it is time to plan for a RL get together

In January there is a four day event at Sebring put on by PBOC

Since most of you have your cars parked in January, it is time to start planning for your trip to Florida

Let's get some attendance together

Some things to look forward to:

1. Beer
2. Cigars
3. Trakcar and I 1/8 th mile drag racing, x5 diesel vs dodge Cummings
4. Rads Ferarri vs pan turbo, 1/8 th mile
5. Unlimited blocking of any orange rs on track
6. More beer

If your excuse is it's too far, contact me or Trakcar. Ship your car to Florida we will handle/put together a logistal package to get your car to Sebring, with track support.

FFaust.....we came to Canada, your turn
Savvy.....well you have no excuse

To the boys on the opposite side of the equator, I will work on rental details for you

You are nothing if not an early planner :D It could happen, I won't say no. But let's keep the thread alive as the year evolves and see how things shake out :cheers:

ATL Fahrer 07-22-2011 11:11 PM

You know I'm in...with a car this time :D

Izzone 07-22-2011 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by savyboy (Post 8735234)
You are nothing if not an early planner :D It could happen, I won't say no. But let's keep the thread alive as the year evolves and see how things shake out :cheers:

I'll keep bumping it

It is almost august....then thanksgiving, then christamas, then winterfest

We can have an over under on my BMW taking down reters dodge

mdrums 07-22-2011 11:24 PM

SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS...this is always the same weekend as my industry's biggest convention that I have to be at....only way to not go is to die....I've been there with 102 degree temp and the chits! ARRRGH!

jenk12m 07-23-2011 12:23 AM

you know my deal... no playoff''s = im in....we make the playoff's= im out

jenk12m 07-23-2011 12:24 AM

dont forget the baller wagon has a quick start as well

NJ-GT 07-23-2011 12:36 AM

7. Open Passing
8. Ice Cream

It's going to be Epic.

Can we put together our own version of:

"The 2012 Sebring Street Car Challenge (sponsored by Traqmate)"

In the meantime I'm going to start stocking plenty of Belgium's Finest (Delirium Tremens and Nocturnum)

FFaust 07-23-2011 12:38 AM

Florida is the winter home of many canucks, so it's not too much of a stretch. All I need is an enclosed trailer, and I'm in :D ... I think.

FFaust 07-23-2011 12:42 AM

http://pbocflorida.com/nwp/?page_id=856&event_id=12

mdrums 07-23-2011 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by mdrums (Post 8735284)
SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS...this is always the same weekend as my industry's biggest convention that I have to be at....only way to not go is to die....I've been there with 102 degree temp and the chits! ARRRGH!

YES YES YES...PBOC Winterfest is the week beofre the NAMM show in Anaheim...!!!! I'm in for sure this time....finally!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

mdrums 07-23-2011 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by jenk12m (Post 8735384)
you know my deal... no playoff''s = im in....we make the playoff's= im out

You boys need to vote 1st!;)

jenk12m 07-23-2011 01:18 AM

600 pages takes a while to go over :)

911rox 07-23-2011 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Izzone (Post 8735036)

Izzone, sounds like an awesome event... Gonna look into organising some time off to get there and meet some of you guys but it'll likely be as spectator/ photographer/ grafitti artist ;)

Driving a LHD car at speed on an unfamiliar track without an instructor, half way around the world sounds like a recipe for disaster unless they rent cars to Fred Flintstone with track insurance and little excess :roflmao:

ps. What major airport should I look at flying too to get a connecting flight to FL? Any suggestions for plan of attack appreciated..

ATL Fahrer 07-23-2011 08:07 AM

From Oz, probably the best hoping point will be LA, then in to Orlando, Florida. The major airport in the Southeast US is Atlanta with hourly flights in and out of Orlando.

If you want to enjoy the entire "experience", fly in to Atlanta and then you're welcome to make the 8 hour tow down to Sebring with me.

Sebring is a great track and I drove it for the first time back in April. Get the xBox Forza video game and you'll learn the track pretty quickly ;)