Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Anyone running 19" Forgeline centerlocks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:31 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Anyone running 19" Forgeline centerlocks?

Close to pulling the trigger on the forged OZ Superfromaggios or whatever but a local club supporter pointed out these forgeline centerlocks at 19x12 rear and 19x8.5 front for NB GT3 offset. My guy can offer them to me at much cheaper than the OZ's, they're also forged and lightweight, and best part is that I have the pick of any finish I want, even contrasting finishes for center and rim since they're a 2-piece design.

Just not sure on Forgeline's rep and how well their wheels actually hold up to track abuse. I'm thinking matte black centers with titanium outers, or maybe all matte black.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

I did a set of 18x9 and 18x12 center lock forgeline's, all matte black. Wheels are light and seem well built. Haven't had them too long, but no issues so far.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Todd B; 07-06-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 07-06-2011, 07:55 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Larry I am considering the same wheels for my incoming GTS in 19" too. I really thought I wanted mono block wheels but the price is good on these Forgelines. Forgelines are raced and seem track proven but I don't know anything about this company.

I've looked into the OZ's too and are just a tad more. I looked into BBS E88 3pc and Champion mono blocks that are about 2k more. I looked into the mono block GMG WC-GT wheels which i really liked and thought were resonable priced but really are insane expensive from the quotes I got.

Thoughts anyone....?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

I have 2 sets of 18" forgeline CentreLock wheels and they are holding up just fine. Mine are strictly track wheels for DE & AX, I like them.

Name:  IMG_8224.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  107.9 KB
Old 07-06-2011, 09:31 PM
luv2race
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 212 Posts

I didn't have center locks but I did have a set of 18" competition series Forgelines on my 2001 Turbo, a dedicated and not so light track car. They held up great and are still on the car today. Check the car out with the Forgelines at www.holtmotorsports.com

I no longer own the car but I saw the car a couple weeks ago and the wheels still look great with a couple dozen track days and a few club races on them.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:50 PM
cbweaver1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of 18" for track duty and have had no issues except the valve stem outlet tearing when I first mounted them. The first productions had flimsy rubber valve stems that were prone to tearing when it came into contact with the rim. The fix was to provide beefier valve stems (still not as good as the Porsche OEM metal ones ) and mill or press a flat spot on the inside of the rim to even the opening so there were no high spots for the valve stem to touch. If no one else has encountered this problem they either changed the mfg. process or it was a defect. I bought them in early 2010 as an alternative to the BBS rims which weren't worth the extra money IMHO until the problem occured. However, Forgeline was great to work with, they made the fix as promised and I haven't had a problem since---on or off track. I'm thinking about buying a second back up set as I need one and now feel comfortable about how they handled the problem.

Last edited by cbweaver1; 07-06-2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Add picture
Old 07-07-2011, 12:40 AM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Seems there are a few here with positive experiences and I found a few good testimonials on the bmw forums as well. Good enough for me.

Below is the only photo I could find on the internet of the 19" versions of the Forgeline CLs mounted on a 7.2 GT3. Maybe the owner of this beauty is a rennlister?

Anyhow, the problem now with having finish options is my indecisiveness. So many different combos of center and outer rim finishes. I believe these are titanium centers with polished outers. Looks good. Any thoughts on what might look good on my aqua blue car? I'm thinking either all titanium, or all mate black, or just the ones on this photo.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:20 AM
DJN
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey that's my little beauty!

It is the European Car Magazine GT3 project car.

For more photos and the article for the Forgeline 3 piece wheel and Toyo R888 upgrade see this link:

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/p...r_3/index.html

My wheels have had plenty of track time over the past year or so, see article for weight info (not the lightest in the aftermarket, but lighter than stock and ultra strong).

PM me for more info.

Cheers!
Doug N

PS. For your Aqua Blue GT3 I suggest Matte Black centers and High Gloss black rim. It will look deadly!
See this example: http://www.forgeline.com/products/co...large=1&asdf=0

Last edited by DJN; 07-07-2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Forgeline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know that our GA3R and GWC3-R are now available in 19" for the GT3 and GT3RS. They are not on the website yet, but can be ordered with a normal build time of 3-weeks. These wheels are true competition wheels and are @ 2 lbs lighter and 25% stiffer than our other 19" offerings.

President
Forgeline Motorsports
3522 Kettering Blvd.
Dayton, Ohio 45439

http://www.forgeline.com

Facebook Post
Old 07-07-2011, 02:11 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJN
Hey that's my little beauty!

PS. For your Aqua Blue GT3 I suggest Matte Black centers and High Gloss black rim. It will look deadly!
See this example: http://www.forgeline.com/products/co...large=1&asdf=0
Awesome! Great look on your car.

And thanks for the advice. Matte black centers with gloss black rim sounds great. Might go that route.

Originally Posted by Forgeline
Just wanted to let everyone know that our GA3R and GWC3-R are now available in 19" for the GT3 and GT3RS. They are not on the website yet, but can be ordered with a normal build time of 3-weeks. These wheels are true competition wheels and are @ 2 lbs lighter and 25% stiffer than our other 19" offerings.

Oh great, even more options to choose from

I think I'm digging the GA3R in matte black with gloss black rim
Old 07-07-2011, 02:20 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Masmole from looking at tire choices I'm seeing more r-comp options these days in 19". I too was going to continue with 18" but my only choice is ToyoR888 or Hoosier R6 or full on slicks which my car is not set up for. The Forgelines that David from Forgelines just posted only come in 18". If Iwas going with 18" these are the wheels I'd get for sure.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Forgeline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Masmole from looking at tire choices I'm seeing more r-comp options these days in 19". I too was going to continue with 18" but my only choice is ToyoR888 or Hoosier R6 or full on slicks which my car is not set up for. The Forgelines that David from Forgelines just posted only come in 18". If Iwas going with 18" these are the wheels I'd get for sure.
Actually I just posted on another thread that these 2 styles are now available in 19". They are not on the website yet, but are available with our normal current 3-week build time.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:57 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Forgeline
Actually I just posted on another thread that these 2 styles are now available in 19". They are not on the website yet, but are available with our normal current 3-week build time.
Really well this sure is awesome news!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:56 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
Really well this sure is awesome news!
and you'll be able to spec any offset you need for that incoming GTS
Old 07-08-2011, 09:48 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by masmole
and you'll be able to spec any offset you need for that incoming GTS
Yep! I got it figured out...I need GT3 front offset and GT3RS/Turbo rear offset.

I have it narrowed down to either cheaping out and getting the OZ low pressure cast for $2600 or bumping up and getting these Forgelines for around $2k more.

If I could get a deal on the Forgelines my mind would be made up....I'm just on a serious budget here but lickly I've found a good deal on my roll bar and harness and seat mods I need. A deal on wheels would be just perfect.

Quick Reply: Anyone running 19" Forgeline centerlocks?