Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 12:40 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheanova
Hello,

I recently took delivery of a 2007 GT3, you can all stop applauding, thank you. I plan to auto-cross and do a few track events. I have been told by some to remove the PCCB and install steel floating rotors. I feel that I would like to keep the ceramic brakes, heard about a better pad to install with the PCCB.

What is your experience, have you used and know the name of these other pads, thank you.
Stick to the PCCB if you are running the car less than 6 track days per year and keeping the car for 5 years. PCCB require replacement at 40 days (+/- depending on brake pads use, type of brake pad, cooling, brake fluid used, ABS invoked, tires used, weather, etc).

For AutoX PCCB save over 40 lbs so keep them. Get P50 (Pagid Greens) for track days, and use the stock pads for autoX and street.

I have helped quite a few guys setup their 997 GT3 for AutoX, the ones that have followed my advice to the letter are enjoying quite capable autoX cars with no changes needed to drive them on the streets or track (other than a sway bar adjustment that takes 10 minutes).

PM me.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:59 PM
porscheanova
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ceramic Brakes

Dan,

I really appreciate hearing your track experience's with the stock pads and the steel rotors, you've given me choices, can't ask for anything more than that, thank you very much. Peter
Old 03-05-2011, 08:09 PM
porscheanova
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ceramic Brakes

NJ-GT, Very practical information, you gave me some good choices, I was considering using the same pad for track/ auto-x , thank you. Metro NY PCA Region runs three events at Tobay Beach, first one is March 13th, www.metronypca.org if you would like to run. Peter

Quick Reply: 07 GT3 Ceramic Brakes