Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Gt2 RS Shifter - is it really new?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 06:17 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Did a bit more digging Same rear anti roll bar and bushing and drop links as GT3. Same front tie rod ends. Same front anti roll bar, bushing and drop links.
Didn't Preuninger say that the car was totally heim-jointed
Old 12-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I imagine the Sport Classic was just a little bit more expensive to build with them pseudo Gurney Bubbles on the roof!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:54 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FFaust
I thought I read that as well. But the part numbers don't lie. Anybody with PET access can confirm my observation. Where is that quote he made? I want to...have it handy...
Old 12-16-2010, 09:07 PM
GT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont want to further disappoint but the engine is also same as GT2.. minus the IC's really. No new pistons or rods or intake or cams (ok maybe the inlet one but doubt that). Also I was told VTGs are same..
Old 12-16-2010, 10:16 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

I thought I read that as well. But the part numbers don't lie. Anybody with PET access can confirm my observation. Where is that quote he made? I want to...have it handy...
FIFY

The quote you are looking for is here, starting at 10:49 "... so the suspension is not identical to the GT3 RS..." and "... rose-jointed..." at 11:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXHZL...eature=related

This is part 3, but if you haven't seen these before, it is well worth watching parts 1 and 2. If you want to feel good that is

I watched the whole thing again to find the quote, and, as others have said, if this thing was pink with white flowers, and if I could afford it, there would be one headed my way
Old 12-16-2010, 11:32 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by GT
dont want to further disappoint but the engine is also same as GT2.. minus the IC's really. No new pistons or rods or intake or cams (ok maybe the inlet one but doubt that). Also I was told VTGs are same..
Yup, you are correct...Intercoolers are different, turbos are the SAME PART NUMBER. OMG.

I don't see how Porsche marketing guys can even walk with the size of the ********* they have to lug around? I mean seriously?

Seems they bolted on new intercoolers and one solid rear wishbone and cranked the hype machine into overdrive. The reason no new engineering gets done over there anymore is because they are spending all their time laughing at the morons buying this car?

FIFY

The quote you are looking for is here, starting at 10:49 "... so the suspension is not identical to the GT3 RS..." and "... rose-jointed..." at 11:20.

This is part 3, but if you haven't seen these before, it is well worth watching parts 1 and 2. If you want to feel good that is

I watched the whole thing again to find the quote, and, as others have said, if this thing was pink with white flowers, and if I could afford it, there would be one headed my way
Ah! Thank you Sir! I did watch this before but worth a review.

I am not nearly creative enough to do it, but this is wholly fertile ground for one of those cartoon parodies (like the "Flat-Out" video). "Hans! Whas is loss?" "Ah Dieter! preparing marketing for the new GT5LE SS! We changed the spark plugs heat range and are increaseing the price of the car by $35,000! and making it a limited edition! The market will love it and our profits will increase ten-fold!"

Sigh....
Old 12-17-2010, 12:19 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Pete, I don't have enough experience with the marque to see through the haze, but this is Andy freaking Preuninger we're talking about. Isn't THAT worth something? I am not making a statement, I really am asking. Isn't there a lot of "reputation" riding on these claims? Isn't anything sacred?

Of course, if it was me signing the check, I would also be worried and more than a bit cynical, but all the "it's the first time we do this" or "we built it how it should, marketing be damned" comments do sound truthful and are certainly bold and public enough that they could hardly be outright lies

I know how you feel. I just bought my car sight unseen, based on reputations, and there's been lots of buyers remorse and doubt along the way until I got it a month later. I got to drive it three days before having to put it away for the winter and a few things are for sure: The car's a beast; it's in my garage; it's all mine; and the remorse is all gone.

I sincerely hope that the GT2 RS will be ALL that it promises to be, and that the 500 fortunate owners will not be disappointed. One thing is certain, there won't be more than 500 made... whatever that's worth.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

FIFY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXHZL...eature=related
Let's hope Preuninger is right and PET is wrong.

btw, that video lead me to this one, which is just hilarious:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT5yL...eature=channel
And a bunch of other great (new) Needell videos related to it at YT.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,753 Likes on 2,357 Posts

No ****e. I am going to roast some engineering and marketing *** at the "Delivery Event". It really is shameful!

Did a bit more digging Same rear anti roll bar and bushing and drop links as GT3. Same front tie rod ends. Same front anti roll bar, bushing and drop links.

The lower strut on rear is different??

The 2RS is truly and honestly a motor dropped into a GT3RS chassis.
well, it's a GOOD motor albeit a very $$$ one.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:37 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Pete, I don't have enough experience with the marque to see through the haze, but this is Andy freaking Preuninger we're talking about. Isn't THAT worth something? I am not making a statement, I really am asking. Isn't there a lot of "reputation" riding on these claims? Isn't anything sacred?

peruninger's pay chk comes from porsche.
there's a conflict of interest in what he says.
now if enzo gets out of his grave and tell you that he would take porsche over his own cars.... then

tongue in cheek...
i am sure 2RS will be phenomenal.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:40 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

if they changed suspension pick up point, then things would be different.
if they only have rose joints, heim joint, aka monoball. then that's BS. you can buy all those things and stuff on your car....
Old 12-17-2010, 07:54 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 774 Posts

btw, that video lead me to this one, which is just hilarious:
Thanks Carrera GT
Nothing like waking up with a good belly laugh. I'll watch some more Needell stuff later.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Sad that all the "marketing" surrounding this car seems to help justify the 245k price....to me it is the fact that only 500 are going to be made and nothing else...seems to me the car is a bastardized 911 made up of GT2/GT3 and a massive flash....(not necessarily a bad thing though). I just wish for this price point they would have corrected or added higher quality components...

Last edited by Yoops Racing; 12-17-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:56 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Of course, if it was me signing the check, I would also be worried and more than a bit cynical, but all the "it's the first time we do this" or "we built it how it should, marketing be damned" comments do sound truthful and are certainly bold and public enough that they could hardly be outright lies

I sincerely hope that the GT2 RS will be ALL that it promises to be, and that the 500 fortunate owners will not be disappointed. One thing is certain, there won't be more than 500 made... whatever that's worth.
Realtors and Marketing managers- How do you know when they are lieing? When their lips are moving

Right now the facts appear to support a lie.

Only different parts I can find are rear LCA and one rear wishbone (dogbone).

Subframes, front suspension pieces, majority of rear pieces, everything else are ALL same part numbers at GT3RS. Can't be relocated attachment points if subframes are identical.

They are going to have to explain this one as it was an intregral part of the GT2RS value. The video is clear, it was represented that the suspension was solid and no elastomers. PET vs claim = lie. Porsche, ball is in your court to address this?

Someone else compare PET GT3 to GT2RS and correct me if I am wrong?
Old 12-17-2010, 02:06 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 774 Posts

You must still have a GT3RS TT of course, but a lie is a lie.

[QUOTE=savyboy No ****e. I am going to roast some engineering and marketing *** at the "Delivery Event".[/QUOTE]

I want to be fly on the wall
Can't wait for your briefing post

Quick Reply: Gt2 RS Shifter - is it really new?