Stop Tech STR Kit Shows Up Today

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
So here's a question or two:-

Does Endless make a ceramic approved pad and do Stoptech calipers work with the OEM ceramic discs, thereby getting the best of both worlds (for those who want it).... the ceramic discs and the ease of changing rear pads?
Stop Tech does not make ceramic rotors

Movit does, but you have to rob a bank to afford them

MOV´IT CER™ brake system front 396x40mm 6-piston 10163,50 € net exclusive tax and shipping
MOV´IT CER™ brake system rear 380x30mm 4-piston 8730,00 € net exclusive tax and shipping
Old 11-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sin911
I believe there is a standard fitment and you can choose from Pagid, Performance Friction, and Endless
Yes, it is a standrard pad size (can't remember off hand what it is)

You can order any pads you want..........and replacement rotors are very cost effective
Old 11-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Nizer
Izzone: Nice job. Thanks for posting the caliper weights - been trying to get this info from Stoptech for last six months.
As suspected, appears any weight savings over stock steel brakes is down to rotor weight differences.
I posted teh weights for you....figured you have been asking

I figured they would be around the same weight, Stop tech claims they ar elighter than their standard line......wonder what they weigh?
Old 11-21-2010, 12:04 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

I ain't nervous, I go by the "if it's good for a CUP car, it's gfood for my car" gospel..
===> you, rmag and i are few who aren't so nervous about it.

I likey my CUP, LSD, gurney flap, front splitter, BBS 3 piece..Everytime Orbit drops a part on my car it goes a little faster.
===> can orbit send a tech over and duplicate your stuff on mine? man, i thought you dont mod that much

yet.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-21-2010, 10:29 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I don't mod, really. They do, I'm just unable to stop them.

It's all just CUP stuff that glues and bolts on, except for the CF rear spoiler Gurney, the shape of our spoilers are different but they make them like they put on the CUP cars.
I'll take pics of the (ugly) black side flaps once they are on the car and send them to you, it's supposed to suck more air through the front brakes. Maybe next week.

I don't really see it, but I did not either on the other stuff and it all worked.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:05 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

I don't mod, really. They do, I'm just unable to stop them.
==> just cut them a chk that will bounce. if they still wont stop, call me. i will ship my car there with $1,000,000 chk attached so they can mod my car with a bouncing chk

It's all just CUP stuff that glues and bolts on, except for the CF rear spoiler Gurney, the shape of our spoilers are different but they make them like they put on the CUP cars.
===> you tell orbit to get you cup car upright and wider wing. there. it's MUCH easier than modding the gurney to fit your OEM wing.

I'll take pics of the (ugly) black side flaps once they are on the car and send them to you, it's supposed to suck more air through the front brakes. Maybe next week.
====> paint them red. this way it will look like cat fish
Old 11-21-2010, 01:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Haha, if they want to put a CUP spoiler of for free as well, who am I to stop them. I do like the OEM spoiler a lot, but can't see cops coming..

They won't take my checks..They know me..I usually hand cash from the slush fund, so as to keep my track days cheaper then Mustang track days as promised to the wife..

These are not the downforce wings on the front bumper, these are the little strips that stick out from the fender in the front like a CUP car.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:34 AM
TRD0524
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
So here's a question or two:-

Does Endless make a ceramic approved pad and do Stoptech calipers work with the OEM ceramic discs, thereby getting the best of both worlds (for those who want it).... the ceramic discs and the ease of changing rear pads?
The PCCB Specific Endless pad is the W008 (Street/Circuit), and W007 for dedicated track use. So yes, there are PCCB specific applications. However, there are other Endless street and race compounds that are PCCB Compatible.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:54 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
The UPS man showed up today with my Stop Tech STR kit.

There have been some questions on weights of different pieces of the kit......using my kitchen scale and bathroom scale (Sharper Image ) below is what I came up with for each piece

Front Rotor / 18 lbs 12 oz
Front Caliper / 7 lbs 14 oz
Front Mounting Bar / 10 oz
Rear Rotor / 18 lbs 12 oz
Rear Caliper / 7 lbs
Rear Mounting Bar / 7 oz

Thanks for the great write up on the Stoptech STR kit and thanks for the all the kind words from those of you who chimed in.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to drop me an email.

GMG is Stoptech's technology partner for Porsche and these brakes were developed in conjunction with our World Challenge GT program scoring multiple wins in the series over the past few years.
These are the same brakes we run on our World Challenge GT cars.

In addition GMG is also a development partner to Endless Brakes and the authorized distributor for the Porsche line of pads.. If you have any questions on the brake pads for stock calipers, or the Stoptech STR feel free to shoot me a email as well.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have or offer advice.If you are in the OC area feel free to stop by the shop to check out the brakes.

Have a great holiday everyone!

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 11-23-2010, 12:08 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
..so as to keep my track days cheaper then Mustang track days as promised to the wife..
LMAOROTF
Old 11-24-2010, 11:45 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
They clear CCW.....close
Op, from your picture it'd appear that your front 888s are mounted on the wrong side (ur pic shows a RIGHT tire on the drivers side). Am sure u know these things are directional. Or maybe u're just posting the pics to show fitment

Quick Reply: Stop Tech STR Kit Shows Up Today