Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Another Front Lift Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 12:07 PM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to add to this database that my 2011 has the same issues. Erection has no problems but "Disrection" is a 50/50 affair. Drivin over 50kmh doesn't always lower the car immediately and sometimes I need to go beyond 60kmh

Any updates on what is the cause of this problem?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Black Shadow
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't shut the engine off in the" lifted" position.
Doing so seems to confuse the computer and it will not respond to the dash button.
When the happens the system needs to reset itself which is usually done by going over the speed threshold, however I have found on my car that does not always reset it.
Come on Porsche, we expect better.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Shadow
Don't shut the engine off in the" lifted" position.
Doing so seems to confuse the computer and it will not respond to the dash button.
When the happens the system needs to reset itself which is usually done by going over the speed threshold, however I have found on my car that does not always reset it.
Come on Porsche, we expect better.
apart from anything else leaving it in "lift" means that pressure is held in the system, which in general is not good for the longevity of it ...
Old 05-01-2012, 02:24 PM
pzull
Burning Brakes

problem is i have no choice but to leave it in lifted position as it wont come down. I have to go for a drive to drop it but on coming home I have to lift it to clear steep driveway and the whole cycle of frustration is repeated.

Glad to know there is a fix for it though. So I'll do that when I fit the cup transmission cable next week
Old 07-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Medicopter
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the same issue with the lift on my car. I read through all the pages in this thread, but I'm still confused. What should the dealer actually replace or fix? I talked to them yesterday and they said that they don't have any information or service bulletins on this problem. Would they see the problem by scanning the computer? Is there some sort of error code that comes with it?
Old 07-04-2012, 11:48 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Medicopter
I have the same issue with the lift on my car. I read through all the pages in this thread, but I'm still confused. What should the dealer actually replace or fix? I talked to them yesterday and they said that they don't have any information or service bulletins on this problem. Would they see the problem by scanning the computer? Is there some sort of error code that comes with it?
Most of the dealers replace the control module (brain) of the lift kit system. I don't think it shows a error code though.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:58 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 193 Posts

No code. Only observable fault is (initially) the inability to return to a "lowered" state after the lift has been enabled. Over time that worsens and won't lift whatsoever. Start the warranty conversation with your dealer at the onset of the initial symptoms--these parts aren't commonly stocked.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:35 AM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Had my entire system replaced under warranty, pump n all. Dealer also never heard of this problem and didnt want to read a prontout of this thread saying forums cant be trusted. They had to communicate with the factory and i waited several weeks for parts to arrive. Its still quirky but can live with it now.

In post service factory survey i gave feedback that this is a common problem and all dealers should be informed of it....plus a whole host of other comments about the car eg. Larger fuel tank, cup shifter cable, proper row seats instead of american version, etc. i hope someone at the factory read it
Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by pzull
Dealer also never heard of this problem and didnt want to read a prontout of this thread saying forums cant be trusted.
9 out of 10 time the dealers are completely fecking clueless about anything. RMS never happened on the Gen 1. Or the coolant pipes. Or the front lift issue on the Gen 2s.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:12 AM
pzull
Burning Brakes

I only got a reply from factory via dealer regarding replacing factory parts with better factory parts which i mentioned i take to an independant mech that knows more about porsches. I told them i was replacing the shifter cable to cup version and thinking of dumping the stock CL wheels for some china made no brand wheels which wasnt going to be anymore dangerous than factory wheels on the track! Last bit was a joke but they said both would void warranty but the dealer could do it for me if i wanted. Guess its VW corp culture that has infused the company as i also mentioned that my previous 2 air cooleds never had such catastrophic failure of parts. Think i might get an e car next like tesla speedster RS when it comes out
Old 07-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Medicopter
Rennlist Member

Like others have stated, the front axle lift is a cool system. To me it looks like it is a problem with the pressure sensor/switch and/or a software issue. No? So Porsche didn't really release any updated parts yet (control module, pump, ...) or a software update to completely fix the problem??
Old 02-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Medicopter
Rennlist Member

I'm currently trying to get the lift system on my car fixed. It always goes up with the button, response is quick, it also holds the pressure, and speed always lowers it.

Unfortunately most of the time the "Lift" symbol does not show in the display as it used to. Therefore I can't lower it with the button again and have to park the car in the up position. My dealer scanned for codes but nothing was stored. (I have the problem since over a year.)

What gives? I would like to avoid multiple trips to the dealer (as it wastes time on both ends) or keeping the car there for trouble shooting. The dealer says they can't order parts if they don't know what is wrong with it. Well, if there are no codes and they were also able to duplicate the problem, where do you start?

I suspect it is the pressure sensor switch? Please help. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Wish I could help. Honestly, though, I don't understand your dealer's attitude. I assume the car is under warranty. Since they can apparently duplicate the problem it's not your responsibility to determine what the issue is or what parts are required. The car is warrantied, it's their job to fix it, even if it means replacing the entire system.
Good luck.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:25 PM
kaamacat
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive put 10k on mine and never an issue. I need
to use it for the driveway, so, it does get used
often. The only issue was Operator Error on my
part with a door open in the garage and no down.
Totally all me.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Matrog
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Same problem here. It wouldn't go down all the time w/ the button, but would if I exceeded 30 mph. This, of course, presented a problem when parking as the car would often remain in the lifted condition.

Stealer replaced the pump (under warranty) and all is well.

Quick Reply: Another Front Lift Problem