Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sabine tank slapper in .2 RS on 'Ring

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:15 PM
micahbones
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sabine tank slapper in .2 RS on 'Ring

Video below, whole lap is entertaining, particularly between 8:15-45...and the customer even thanks her afterward. : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaaD_...layer_embedded
Old 09-29-2010, 07:26 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice Micah!

That guy must be crazy he just lost a great opportunity to hug her from fear while she was trying not to kill them, and then give her a deep kiss as a thank you..

John
Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 PM
micahbones
Racer

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
...and then give her a deep kiss as a thank you..
Believe I've had a dream with exactly that imagery...
Old 09-29-2010, 08:14 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love Sabeine, and wow, amazing save at 8:30!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like she had a neutral throttle and then decided to bail and lift instead of "catch" it. Probably smart at those speeds with a passenger ... and clearly "managed" the car towards the grass instead of the wall.

As for tires, surely the display would read tire pressures. And turn on SC/TC as soon as you have any doubt? With passengers, why not have the stability aids on all the time -- surely her "safe" pace is well within the SC "envelope"?

Strange choice to resume speed even though she was clearly nursing it in. I guess there's a balance between being an obstacle at lower speeds and getting back in one piece.

* I guess everyone has trouble getting decent in-car audio ... : |
Old 09-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,631 Likes on 2,357 Posts

I'm going to try and avoid a critique here ...

that's a particularly "tricky" section of Pflanzgarten; as you climb out of the "dip" the exit to the right hander, and the subsequent "apex" on the left are blind. Its really important to not early apex the
exit on at the right berm as there is a very narrow "slot" through which you must pass in order to
avoid mounting the subsequent berm on the left and destabilizing the car which is travelling at
considerable speed (as this is actually one of the faster sections of the track).

As you turn in from track left towards the late apex of the berm on the right the track is opposite camber with a subtle "crest", thus the back of the car gets light and is encouraged to drift to the oustide ... neutral throttle at least until you see you are aimed for the apex and the "slot"

I myself nearly lost one of Av*s'es finest 997 C2S cabriolets exactly at this spot a number of years ago by early apexing the right berm, realizing this as it became visible and lifting slightly prior to putting a wheel up on the subsequent left berm (1 wheel agricultural) ... and enjoying a "brown" moment ...

looking at the video, I have to ask myself did Sabine in fact go a little early, lift to correct and got caught out by the rear end getting light ...

would love to know what the story was on the rears ... were they over heated, under pressure or what?
Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by axhoaxho
Love Sabeine, and wow, amazing save at 8:30!
She's superb!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ADias
She's superb!
Yes, yes she is ...
Old 09-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

you often see her around the family hotel (Am Tiergarten) which is one of the many reasons to stay there, actually the other is that its reasonably priced and the pistenklause bar/restaurant is downstairs so you can have way too many beers a great steak and a nice bottle of wine and stagger upstairs!

Old 09-29-2010, 10:01 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

she would make a good wife
Old 09-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
she would make a good wife
better girlfriend!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:21 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,301 Likes on 615 Posts

looks like fun times-

side note- the lightness of the nose in those type of elevation related switcharoos can often be made waaay worse by low fuel in the gt3 since there is really nothing holding the nose down- you go from being on 3 wheels in one direction to three wheels in the other and the ride gets a bit wild. she says the tires might be toast and it needs more fuel- if it's below 1/4 (or really low like the light is on) tank it handles much twitchier from when it's over 1/2 tank...might only be 40-50 lbs or so but where it's located in these makes it noticeable- especially over 100mph
Old 09-30-2010, 03:11 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
looking at the video, I have to ask myself did Sabine in fact go a little early, lift to correct and got caught out by the rear end getting light ...

would love to know what the story was on the rears ... were they over heated, under pressure or what?
I could still see the dutch flag when she turned in so for the line we learned its a tad early…but hell not going to argue with her driving that track. great save. i didn't realize how tricky the turn after sprunghügel could be. I do know even at my reduced pace there how hard it is to exit just right so you make the set of esses into a straight.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:00 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

really like the on and off track as other cars at speed or going past. The other thing is how fast she was going without besting the RPM, sounded like a DE day. Her tires were making a lot of noice right away so my bet would be on the tires just needed a break. Funny, after the save and she was passing other cars she said maybe a flat tire.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roberga
really like the on and off track as other cars at speed or going past. The other thing is how fast she was going without besting the RPM, sounded like a DE day. Her tires were making a lot of noice right away so my bet would be on the tires just needed a break. Funny, after the save and she was passing other cars she said maybe a flat tire.
Yeah I wonder if she had been doing multiple laps in the car and the tyres just got over heated ... she was on a pretty good pace around 7:40 BtoG but the rears should not have gone out like that in a single lap unless there was a loss of pressure or they were just overworked ...

Quick Reply: Sabine tank slapper in .2 RS on 'Ring