Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Aha! That is very cool! l did it myself back in 1992,
We could just about have been there on the same day. Perhaps all that traffic was just tourists doing laps of the Rendezvous.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:54 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

LOL, don't blame me I was there with an old red bicycle! besides Paris and traffic are synonymous.

John
Old 08-21-2010, 08:04 AM
The Baron
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vandit
I'm not trying to start trouble here, but are all of you saying that you have never driven irresponsibly, even just a little bit, when out on the road?

Your car always stays at or below the speed limit, always shifting at low RPMs, never coming close to WOT, never taking corners in a spirited manner, etc.? You always drive like a total saint?

This incident looks like the result of extreme recklessness, so it's hard to draw a comparison to less reckless acts of irresponsibility, but situations are under control till the moment they go out of control.

So I'm not defending this act of recklessness, but I'm just pointing out that much more innocent acts of irresponsibility that you probably engage in everyday can easily fall into the category of "some stupid **** on the street" if the wrong set of events comes together to work against you.

EDIT: Saying "I only do *it when it's safe" doesn't count as not being irresponsible. You're doing it on the streets, you have no way of knowing, or controlling, what could happen.

*"It" being anything that can be seen as irresponsible, for example fast acceleration, taking corners briskly, street racing, anything.
+1

Quick Reply: Who is this?