Who is this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
^
Hope this is not a serious answer cause I was joking.
Besides everybody, lighten up a little, all of us but the pope perhaps at some time did a little stunt on the street. Fast driving, red light racing or something stupid. Only Mooty admitted doing it so far all others are saints. Come on. Cut the I am a grown up and I drive flat out on the track this is how I drive.

Peace

John
Hope you are kidding. If he rolled over you while crossing the street I'm not so sure you would feel the same....

Bugger it I should have done a multi quote.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:57 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

^
The only preachers that I pay attention to are the band so give me a break will you?
Attached Images  
Old 08-16-2010, 09:17 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Unless this jackass is under 21 he should be raked! Yes we all did some stupid **** on the streets when we were kids...but to do anything of the sort once you're older...you're a ******* tool!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:21 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He was racing on city streets. Hope he gets butt f**cked in jail.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:32 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
The only preachers that I pay attention to are the band so give me a break will you?
Your defense of that moron is embarrassing. Street racing isn't a game and anyone in a position to get the keys to a GT3RS should know better. And so should you. dave
Old 08-17-2010, 01:28 AM
jimxyz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 ^^ I don't need an idiot like this running my kids down.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:33 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
Your defense of that moron is embarrassing. Street racing isn't a game and anyone in a position to get the keys to a GT3RS should know better. And so should you. dave
What defense? R u serious? I said that what he did is stupid in my first post. !

And then just added that it can/had happen to almost anyone at some time lets not crucify the guy. And may I add that we don’t even know the exact facts. Reporters are famous for the inaccuracy of their stories.

Originally Posted by roberga
Your idea of punishment vs. crime is inappropriate. So, your wish for a butt f*ck punishment for this "crime"???

John

PS All other sanctimonious moralists that want to continue this debate, before posting take a cold shower and think again.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:02 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The edited post above, removed the necessity and relevance of my previous comments. I have edited them to reflect the changed circumstances

"Kudos to 911SLOW! "

Last edited by PogueMoHone; 08-18-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Relevance to the previous post.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Unless this jackass is under 21 he should be raked! Yes we all did some stupid **** on the streets when we were kids...but to do anything of the sort once you're older...you're a ******* tool!
Absolutely agree

Originally Posted by roberga
The fact is street racing is for losers that don't have the guts to take it to the track and play with the big boys.

Originally Posted by dasams
Sadly, I think some people just don't understand that there is social responsibility, and those of us blessed to drive such cars should also know when and how to use them. Maybe this guy was dumped a load of money by his dad and he hasn't figured out yet what life is really about.

Originally Posted by jimxyz
+1 ^^ I don't need an idiot like this running my kids down.
This sort of crap happens to morons that street race. But they give all car enthusiast a bad name. And if they kill someone else in the process.... god help their useless souls.

Last edited by Harold; 08-17-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm not trying to start trouble here, but are all of you saying that you have never driven irresponsibly, even just a little bit, when out on the road?

Your car always stays at or below the speed limit, always shifting at low RPMs, never coming close to WOT, never taking corners in a spirited manner, etc.? You always drive like a total saint?

This incident looks like the result of extreme recklessness, so it's hard to draw a comparison to less reckless acts of irresponsibility, but situations are under control till the moment they go out of control.

So I'm not defending this act of recklessness, but I'm just pointing out that much more innocent acts of irresponsibility that you probably engage in everyday can easily fall into the category of "some stupid **** on the street" if the wrong set of events comes together to work against you.

EDIT: Saying "I only do *it when it's safe" doesn't count as not being irresponsible. You're doing it on the streets, you have no way of knowing, or controlling, what could happen.

*"It" being anything that can be seen as irresponsible, for example fast acceleration, taking corners briskly, street racing, anything.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vandit
I'm not trying to start trouble here, but are all of you saying that you have never driven irresponsibly, even just a little bit, when out on the road?

Your car always stays at or below the speed limit, always shifting at low RPMs, never coming close to WOT, never taking corners in a spirited manner, etc.? You always drive like a total saint?

This incident looks like the result of extreme recklessness, so it's hard to draw a comparison to less reckless acts of irresponsibility, but situations are under control till the moment they go out of control.

So I'm not defending this act of recklessness, but I'm just pointing out that much more innocent acts of irresponsibility that you probably engage in everyday can easily fall into the category of "some stupid **** on the street" if the wrong set of events comes together to work against you.

EDIT: Saying "I only do *it when it's safe" doesn't count as not being irresponsible. You're doing it on the streets, you have no way of knowing, or controlling, what could happen.

*"It" being anything that can be seen as irresponsible, for example fast acceleration, taking corners briskly, street racing, anything.
Well stated and generally agreed.

For me though, I attend close to two track days a month in both my GT3RS and my Evo 9, and that is more than enough spirited driving for me so when on the streets I have zero desire to drive fast- I know what my cars are capable of and that is enough for me.

Plus, on a daily basis I use a 3.0 BMW X5 as its just far more enjoyable to cruise on public streets with all that traffic than it is to burn around with the stress that I may lose my licence and hence my ability to drive, and in the process kill someone. JMO.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

Could it have been this car? Options look to be the same...

http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/2010GT3RS/vin/3645.htm
Old 08-18-2010, 03:05 AM
shine
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not the same car. The one on the gt3rsregistry has the mirror attachments painted. The wrecked one does not.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by shine
Not the same car. The one on the gt3rsregistry has the mirror attachments painted. The wrecked one does not.
Good eyes.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

Getting back to street racing.

I once read a book.....

Called Cannonball Run......

Featuring a Mr D Gurney in a Daytona.

Quick Reply: Who is this?