Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Exhaust sound control at your finger tip

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 01:43 PM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Had the remote switch installed at TC two weeks ago along with all my track prep stuff. Fantastic mod for sure and after doing the LS date in June will also install the bypass. Glorious so far!
Old 09-01-2014, 04:09 AM
modoz61
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I added the Carnewal remote today - great addition, very easy install - took less than 15 minutes all done.

My system is EVOMS headers, OEM Side Mufflers and Sharkwerks Rear Bypass.

No drone, and it can pass noise tested track limits - or not!
Old 09-01-2014, 01:35 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by modoz61
I added the Carnewal remote today - great addition, very easy install - took less than 15 minutes all done. My system is EVOMS headers, OEM Side Mufflers and Sharkwerks Rear Bypass. No drone, and it can pass noise tested track limits - or not!
Seems like we have the exact same setup. I also run the carnewal switch with EvoMs/ sharkwerks headers, oem sides, sharkwerks bypass and their custom tune for it all, and have been very happy with it. The way the carnewal switch works is it allows you to open or close the valves independently of the sport button. It will no longer open up at 4k anymore. It's either closed all the time or open all the time. Pressing the sport button no longer affects the valves.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:38 PM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

EVOMS should just offer this as an option within their DME flash product -- just reprogram the valve to either be full open or closed based on the stock Sport button. Hardware from China always breaks and I will just lose that remote dongle after time.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:15 PM
modoz61
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FJSeattle
EVOMS should just offer this as an option within their DME flash product -- just reprogram the valve to either be full open or closed based on the stock Sport button. Hardware from China always breaks and I will just lose that remote dongle after time.

That's a great idea, hopefully the EVOMS guys take your input onboard

Perhaps Sharky could lend his support for the idea as well

Quick Reply: Exhaust sound control at your finger tip