Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Do the RS decals peel off for sure?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 12:00 AM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Do the RS decals peel off for sure?

I can make million dollar decisions, but I waffle like crazy on my final color. I am now thinking of getting the grey/red with silver wheels. Then only peeling off the "corvette pace car" checkered decals. I would leave the red mirrors and spoiler tips, along with the GT3 RS decals on the fenders.

Can the decals be peeled off...or are they clear coated over??

Thank you
Old 01-25-2010, 12:42 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,753 Likes on 2,357 Posts

on the 07 08 RS decals are "stickers"
i strongly believe for 2010 it is also stickers.
it makes no sense to paint clr coat over decal like stradale or scuderia. it becomes very difficult to fix should repaint/touch up is required.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:51 AM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

They are not clear-coated and can be removed...
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2010, 04:11 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

just have it delivered sans decals. they will come separate for you to apply just store.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,885 Likes on 972 Posts

Texasviany: Currently going with full-tilt boogey Grey/Red. Decals are a lot easier to take off than put on and figure a second set of wheels is a high probability. Silver or similar aftermarket will be a lot cheaper than buying factory reds if I decide I should've kept the stock look. My .02 for what little it's worth.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:34 AM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Smart idea on the second set of wheels. I wonder of the red trim is "guards red?" I may paint the center console in guards red then.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:57 AM
atleung
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This picture makes it seem like there is not the regular factory clear stone guard like there is on every other 911. But I recall seeing a picture of the blue RS that clearly has the stone guard. Does anyone know whether the US cars will have the normal stone guard? If so, are they applied on top of the side decal or are the decals applied on top of the stone guard? What was the case with the 997.1 RS? I am asking because I am figuring out what I should do with respect to clear bra. Never used a clear bra before, but I think I will for the new RS.

Originally Posted by JAMS
They are not clear-coated and can be removed...
Old 01-25-2010, 11:04 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,753 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Originally Posted by atleung
This picture makes it seem like there is not the regular factory clear stone guard like there is on every other 911. But I recall seeing a picture of the blue RS that clearly has the stone guard. Does anyone know whether the US cars will have the normal stone guard? If so, are they applied on top of the side decal or are the decals applied on top of the stone guard? What was the case with the 997.1 RS? I am asking because I am figuring out what I should do with respect to clear bra. Never used a clear bra before, but I think I will for the new RS.
wiht 07-08 RS, if you had the decal, factory will not put clear film on the quarter panel behind door.

if you have no decal (white cars usually), then there will be a clear film there.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,885 Likes on 972 Posts

Originally Posted by texasviany
Smart idea on the second set of wheels. I wonder of the red trim is "guards red?" I may paint the center console in guards red then.
Red trim option on RS is Guards Red, if that's what you're asking.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:24 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Thanks
Old 01-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atleung

I saw the photo of the stone guard on the blue car and asked the same question in another thread. I was told that the decals are on top of the stone guard. I would think that all the wide bodies get the stone guards... color shouldn't matter.

I would be doing the clear bra too. Just make sure they don't cover any of the decals while doing applying the clear.

Quick Reply: Do the RS decals peel off for sure?