Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:52 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 774 Posts

MSRP
May production
Dealer in South Florida

I have never been to this dealership. This will be my 1st new Porsche and they are just as excited they are getting me the second out of the only 2 RS's they are getting! MSRP guaranteed, it is their policy and they stuck to it with the MKI RS.

I would never pay over MSRP.
I did wait 18 months to buy at 20K under MSRP for my GT3.
Mooty, if you are patient you are OK. If you can't wait call all dealers and get on list, or wait for the first people who ordered it and might not be able to apy for it when it arrives, like possibly me.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,757 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
Mooty, F%#k those guys!! Purchase a .1 RS and leave it with Alex and James for a 3.9 converstion. You will be $$ ahead and much,much faster!! I will be picking my car up soon.
ah.... clearly alex didn't tell you.
YOUR car is here in my house.
i am testing it out for you.
i was told that driving at night with headlight off will be faster...
i will let you know how your 3.9 fared tomorrow morning
Old 11-08-2009, 11:06 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Mooty,

Please let us know what happens with this ordeal. I maybe in the market for the Panamera in few months and since I had an excellent experience with Carlsen with my Cayenne, I was going to give them first chance of my business. But if I don't like what I hear, well... There are tons of dealers down here in LA area. Besides you know the dealer is real desperate when I got an oil change coupon for $99 few weeks ago...
Old 11-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
ah.... clearly alex didn't tell you.
YOUR car is here in my house.
i am testing it out for you.
i was told that driving at night with headlight off will be faster...
i will let you know how your 3.9 fared tomorrow morning

hehe, that's funny, can't wait for your report tomorrow!!..............................You are kidding; right??
Old 11-08-2009, 11:26 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wilfred
Mooty,

Please let us know what happens with this ordeal. I maybe in the market for the Panamera in few months and since I had an excellent experience with Carlsen with my Cayenne, I was going to give them first chance of my business. But if I don't like what I hear, well... There are tons of dealers down here in LA area. Besides you know the dealer is real desperate when I got an oil change coupon for $99 few weeks ago...
I bought my Cayenne at Porsche Santa Barbara, and it was a easy, professional experience. Chuck Saveriano the salesman and Bill Fogg the Sales Manager were great. They fully arranged for a trade and transport and we are 6 hours apart geographically. I can highly recommend them. I cannot recommend Carlsen based upon my personal experience and what I have heard from others.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:28 PM
rahul
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
They are not legally wronged without a written signed contract for car at msrp.
At least in the State of Texas, this is absolutely incorrect. Nevertheless, without perpetuating the attorney myth, play their game. If they can be fast and loose, so can you. When the dust settles, they'll have wished they had honored their commitment.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:51 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
After all the business you've done? That's absolute crap behavior from them.

GL.

MSRP people! Not a schilling more!
AGREED, off with their heads, terrible!

No dealer in NY will offer it at MSRP either :/
Old 11-09-2009, 12:42 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
hehe, that's funny, can't wait for your report tomorrow!!..............................You are kidding; right??
it, the car, seems to have floated over something after a big bang....
i didn't have the headlight on. so can't be certain. but it smells gamey.... deer, wild boar... NBC did report that mt lions were spotted near my new house. yes that's true, right next to my house. on the day i moved in. it was on the news...
Old 11-09-2009, 07:29 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 774 Posts

i have been informed that the dealer is now working very hard to secure a car for me.
let's hope i wont be disappointed again.
Well, let see what happens... Why the motivation all of a sudden, did you give them the evil eye??
Old 11-09-2009, 10:18 AM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 29 Posts
Default a different story

I had a $5k deposit with Hoehn Porsche in Carlsbad, CA for a 10GT3 that I ordered to spec. It was an MSRP deal. I had bought a .1 RS from them back in 07. The deposit letter clearly stated that if I did not purchase the car that I was ordering, I would forfeit the deposit.

When the car arrived, I decided not to buy it. I informed my salesman, Chris Strole, at Hoehn about my decision. He bent over backwards to get the deal done, but my mind was made up as I found an under 1,000 mile 10 GT3 spec'd the way I liked for $15k under MSRP at another store and bought that.

I wrote off the $5k deposit, no harm, no foul, no surprises.

Then a few days ago Chris call me, says they would not have too much trouble finding a buyer for the car I had ordered, and to tell me that despite the fact they had no obligation to do so, they would be refunding the $5k deposit to me. The money arrived a couple of days ago.

I was blown away, I can't remember a dealer every walking away from money that legitimately belonged to them. Of course, you could write this off to "enlightened self-interest" because by giving me the $ back, I would likely be back to buy another car in the future, and of course I would likely tell this nice story to my friends, like all of you.

Thought you all would enjoy hearing about a dealer (I'm sure they're not the only ones) who goes out of their way to build a lasting positive relationship. If any of you are looking for a P-car, Chris Strole can be trusted, 100%.

Oh, and I have absolutely no affiliation with this or any other car dealership.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:45 AM
taylorcoleman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peloton
I had a $5k deposit with Hoehn Porsche in Carlsbad, CA for a 10GT3 that I ordered to spec. It was an MSRP deal. I had bought a .1 RS from them back in 07. The deposit letter clearly stated that if I did not purchase the car that I was ordering, I would forfeit the deposit.

When the car arrived, I decided not to buy it. I informed my salesman, Chris Strole, at Hoehn about my decision. He bent over backwards to get the deal done, but my mind was made up as I found an under 1,000 mile 10 GT3 spec'd the way I liked for $15k under MSRP at another store and bought that.

Then a few days ago Chris call me, says they would not have too much trouble finding a buyer for the car I had ordered, and to tell me that despite the fact they had no obligation to do so, they would be refunding the $5k deposit to me. The money arrived a couple of days ago.

I was blown away, I can't remember a dealer every walking away from money that legitimately belonged to them. Of course, you could write this off to "enlightened self-interest" because by giving me the $ back, I would likely be back to buy another car in the future, and of course I would likely tell this nice story to my friends, like all of you.

Thought you all would enjoy hearing about a dealer (I'm sure they're not the only ones) who goes out of their way to build a lasting positive relationship. If any of you are looking for a P-car, Chris Strole can be trusted, 100%.

Great story, thanks for sharing!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
it, the car, seems to have floated over something after a big bang....
i didn't have the headlight on. so can't be certain. but it smells gamey.... deer, wild boar... NBC did report that mt lions were spotted near my new house. yes that's true, right next to my house. on the day i moved in. it was on the news...
Hm, I would have to write that off as drivers error, as my car has been driving on back roads it's entire life and can almost avoid all of the above on it's own!! Wild boar & deer are part of the landscape around here, Mt lion somewhat rare. All are avoidable, but maybe not so much for you city guys!!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:08 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

As far as I know that is illegal in most states, By law they can hold the deposit untill the car is sold but I have never heard that someone can lose a deposit if he does not buy the car. (What if you could not finance the new car at an acceptable rate) so they are being very nice but the question of WHY is not answered.
Any attorneys here to respond???? will not hold it against you
Old 11-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,134 Likes on 1,823 Posts

Thanks for sharing. You always hear complaints but good deeds rarely get reported.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:15 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

thank you for everyone's data, comments and help.
many ppl are involved now. and i have faith in the brand and hopefully all will turn out well.

it's very difficult to explain the feeling when you see a product made "for you" and yet you cannot have it......

Last edited by mooty; 11-09-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Quick Reply: RS allocation: mooty needs data and help