Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

White gauges in a GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:22 PM
shine
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
Trakcar...could I trouble you to post a photo of your Red guages and belts? I am hmming and hawing on that very option - totals $ 2555.00! when you put the Chrono, Speedometer and belt together costs together..
Eliminate the Sport Chrono and you save $1190 ($690 for the Sport Chrono and $500 for the red dial). As mentioned it really doesn't add anything in a GT3. Splurge on the others to make in you're car.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
http://www.trakcar.com/porsche
Takes forever to download, but there a few good interior pics there.

The seatbelts look like crap from driving with the windows open in the rain.
IMHO, I would not do either for the $$ and the purist aspect, but if you like the dials, they may even be a bit clearer to read than the stock grey and they do dress it up a bit.
Thanks for the link I appreciate the effort - the snaps are great. I ordered Basalt Black on Black so I thought the dials and belts would dress up what is fairly conservative interior....and would tie in the red calipers nicely. I must admit, I would have been considereed a purist myself in the past but onto my 7th Porsche, I have evolved to a full blown heathen buying a Turbo 'cab' with PDK and PTV of all things. The red stuff along with a couple of other things are afterthoughts from the initial order sheet in September with the sales guy so was the catalyst to a heck of an argument when he took a run at me on the new (revised) price...

As I said on a previous thread, this ordering stuff is killing me - why couldn't I just walk into a showroom and say "I'll take it".
Old 10-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by shine
Eliminate the Sport Chrono and you save $1190 ($690 for the Sport Chrono and $500 for the red dial). As mentioned it really doesn't add anything in a GT3. Splurge on the others to make in you're car.
Sorry Shine...I didn't make myself clear as the car is NOT at GT3 but rather a 2010 Turbo Cab. The Turbos in Canada come standard with the Chrono...

Quick Reply: White gauges in a GT3?