Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

To: Porsche Motorsport (LeMans Spoiler!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 11:28 AM
911dr
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Default To: Porsche Motorsport (LeMans Spoiler!)

RE: Le Mans '08

Enough!

This has been going on for approximately three years. When are we going to develop a capable solution to the F430.

An effort to an overall win would also be nice.

The resources exist and this is in Porsche's DNA.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:24 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 71 Posts

The problem is more the FIA which is French and continually changes the rules to hinder Porsche at least in LMP1 and the overall title. Now something from Porsche to truely challange and repeatedly defeat the F430 is I'm sure very do able
Old 06-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default "Le Mans SPOILER"

Please change the subject line to include "Le Mans SPOILER"

This gives you a "-1" on your "think before posting" score.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:08 PM
911dr
Instructor

Carrera GT,

I am trying to get Porsche to wake up, if you would take the time to read. If you have nothing positive and uplifting to add stay out of the thread. This is a forum for generating discussion, not adding useless commentary. You obviously have too much time on your hands.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:54 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wait until next year: corvettes, BMW coming back and I do not know who else will be competing in the U.S. series. It is a bummer. Mazda,Pontiac and the others keep getting better and Porsche seems to just stay put.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:41 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dr
Carrera GT,

I am trying to get Porsche to wake up, if you would take the time to read. If you have nothing positive and uplifting to add stay out of the thread. This is a forum for generating discussion, not adding useless commentary. You obviously have too much time on your hands.
It is well known common courtesy to not post race spoilers on days when a race completes. There is no reason to be rude to another Rennlister when this is pointed out.
You are the one who is posting useless crap within the message quoted above.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:08 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink ...

The resources exist and this is in Porsche's DNA.
RS Spyder did extremely well!!!

But, I do agree since it has been 10 years since the Porsche AG factory car is in the Le Mans.

With regards to BMW's return next year, it is in ALMS only and as far as I know, they will be in the class to compete with Covette and Aston Martin in the GT1 where Porsche has no interest in.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:14 PM
911dr
Instructor

gt3car, I am trying to get Porsche to wake up, if you would take the time to read. If you have nothing positive and uplifting to add stay out of the thread. This is a forum for generating discussion, not adding useless commentary. You obviously have too much time on your hands.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:15 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

were not the 3 RSRs the top 3 cars in the GT2 class? if not a crash to take out the top 2 teams we would have won? the RSR lizard was turning the fastest laps in class but they were 36 laps down.
I would like to see more teams. I think Porsche had the answer but they crashed out.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:28 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

911dr,

no need to be rude.
you did spoil the race for many ppl.
you claim this is a forum for discussion, we ARE discussing your rude behavior and failure to understand the common courtesy of web forum.

and guess what, PAG is a BUSINESS. they KNOW what they need to do, you are the one who needs to wake up.

you can stop buying porsche you know.
or you can buy out PAG and come up with some sol'n to beat F430.

if you want to wake them up, call them up, barking on RL wont get you very far.

finally, carerra GT has contributed to the online RL community immensely and furthermore, helped hundreds of SF bay area porschephiles in person. that is far more useful than your so called "discussion".

spend a few years on RL and learn the rules.

Last edited by mooty; 06-15-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:25 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Carrera GT is a LEGEND in OUR minds which is alot different than ppl being legends in their own minds.
I am proud to say I know him.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:51 PM
911dr
Instructor

For the last time, mty, gt3c, cgt and any other oldtimer who lives on this site,

Old 06-15-2008, 08:05 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For the last time, mty, gt3c, cgt and any other oldtimer who lives on this site,

What a selfish dick. You're probably a spoiled, endulged 16 year old living on the uper West side. You're giving all those mild mannered New Yorkers a bad name.

There are long established decorums with respect to race day forum postings. While your anger towards Porsche management is noted, your thought that someone from that organization might actually be reading this forum or give a rat's *** what you think is truly laughable. But then somehow I'm sure that's not foreign territory for you. Regardless, your selfish desires do not trump (very NYish of me don't you think?) the protocals of this forum.

Please do STFU now...
Old 06-15-2008, 09:08 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

we read just fine.
until you have 51% share of PAG, shut the fk up. PAG will not listen to YOU. when you own PAG, you can do as you wish.

every one of the comments made so far, with the exception of yours, are much more informative and uplifting the what you have offered so far.

if it's not clear enough, the door is open, and dont trip on your way out.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Fixed it for ya

Quick Reply: To: Porsche Motorsport (LeMans Spoiler!)