Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Someone Hit my GT3!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:50 AM
peloton
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 29 Posts

I hope you are able to get a good outcome - -sorry to hear of this.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:29 AM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's just a bent panel, that's all. A really good body shop will get the metal 99% back in shape and then bondo it to look as good as new. With skill and modern materials and paints, that panel will look perfect for the life of the car. Performing surgery by cutting and replacing metal would be a huge mistake, IMHO.

The only real problems you face are your own knowledge that the car is no longer pristine, and the loss of value on resale. My suggestion is just get it properly repaired and try get some insurance compensation for DV. Then just put it out of your mind and enjoy the car, which is still as perfect a sports car as it was before the dent. In time you'll forget about it. And when it comes time to sell it, some lucky dude will get a GT3 at a great price.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I would insist on a new car. Something similar happened to me a few years ago with a new 997, and I ended up with a new car. Short of that, I'd insist they take it back at msrp, and I'd shop for something new, say an RS. I could not live with a car that had been repaired with bondo. My eyes would never leave that spot. Just a little OCD.

Quick Reply: Someone Hit my GT3!!