Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default White 997 GT3 for sale

Here's a link to the classifieds ad

Rennlist Classifieds

http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval

And a direct link to a classifieds enthusiasts site with a pic of the window sticker.

Just Racing at www.justracing.com
Old 04-11-2007, 02:33 AM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Selling so soon?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:23 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Holger B
Selling so soon?
I have another GT3 arriving arriving to port on the 17th.

I've been getting enquiries just by word of mouth, so to be fair to the buyer and get a fair price for myself, I need to set a price and see what's real. We've all read the wide range of posts on "the market." I need to get a reality check on the real market value. I'm not looking to gouge and I'm not looking to give it away "free to good home" either.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:00 PM
flash1034
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3

I sent you two emails.

Flash
Old 04-11-2007, 05:23 PM
normank
Racer

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I have another GT3 arriving arriving to port on the 17th.

I've been getting enquiries just by word of mouth, so to be fair to the buyer and get a fair price for myself, I need to set a price and see what's real. We've all read the wide range of posts on "the market." I need to get a reality check on the real market value. I'm not looking to gouge and I'm not looking to give it away "free to good home" either.
I recall you being a stickler for spelling, so the word of mouth "enquiries" are a mystery. Did you buy the car to sell it? Are you a dealer? Just curious.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by normank
I recall you being a stickler for spelling, so the word of mouth "enquiries" are a mystery. Did you buy the car to sell it? Are you a dealer? Just curious.
A stickler; me?!

So I presume you expected me to catch your mistake, "so the word of mouth ... are a mystery."

Guilty as charged. I'm also Australia, where "enquiry" is the correct spelling. But, when in Rome, so I do try to catch myself with words like tyres that tend to slip through.

As for the car, while I don't consider anyone here answerable to the offhand questioning that tends to occur, I think your questions could well be in the minds of potential buyers though they may be too polite to ask directly.

I'm not a dealer and I'm not in the business of "flipping" cars.

I bought the first GT3 because it was the first one I could order to my spec -- local dealers had me well down the wait list, despite having placed my order before the 997 Carrera was launched. Now I have my second GT3 arriving through a local dealer and so it's time.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 PM
edd1e22
Intermediate

Carrera GT, I sent you an email over craigslist offering you the full asking price for the car. If you want to sell for more, just put that price in the ad. I think rennlist frowns on auction style bidding type sales post.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:35 PM
normank
Racer

A stickler; me?!

So I presume you expected me to catch your mistake, "so the word of mouth ... are a mystery."

Guilty as charged. I'm also Australia, where "enquiry" is the correct spelling. But, when in Rome, so I do try to catch myself with words like tyres that tend to slip through.

As for the car, while I don't consider anyone here answerable to the offhand questioning that tends to occur, I think your questions could well be in the minds of potential buyers though they may be too polite to ask directly.

I'm not a dealer and I'm not in the business of "flipping" cars.

I bought the first GT3 because it was the first one I could order to my spec -- local dealers had me well down the wait list, despite having placed my order before the 997 Carrera was launched. Now I have my second GT3 arriving through a local dealer and so it's time.
Not trying to give you a hard time. Just trying to bring a little levity where it is often needed, amongst the very intense forum members. I hope you do well on the sale and that the buyer is happy with the opportunity you afford.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:42 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by edd1e22
Carrera GT, I sent you an email over craigslist offering you the full asking price for the car. If you want to sell for more, just put that price in the ad. I think rennlist frowns on auction style bidding type sales post.
If you look at his classifed ad, he did put the price of car.

So, no foul.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:46 PM
edd1e22
Intermediate

I offered him the full price and he basically said he wants to look for higher offers.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by edd1e22
Sorry for any delay in replies. Posting to craigies was a mistake in terms of the number of speculators. I've tried to send the same answer to everyone and I've tried to answer individual questions.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:51 PM
edd1e22
Intermediate

So do you want to sell the car for the price listed or have you changed your mind?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:52 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for any delay in replies. Posting to craigies was a mistake in terms of the number of speculators. I've tried to send the same answer to everyone and I've tried to answer individual questions.
what is this?
you got your own shill poster?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by normank
Not trying to give you a hard time. Just trying to bring a little levity where it is often needed, amongst the very intense forum members. I hope you do well on the sale and that the buyer is happy with the opportunity you afford.
Okay. My mistake. And I should have put a smattering of smilies on my reply to you because I was laughing as soon as I read "stickler." Nobody can seriously criticize someone and use the word stickler.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by icon
what is this?
you got your own shill poster?

I knew you'd show up sooner or later ... : )

Quick Reply: White 997 GT3 for sale